Any Belfast Mags?

Dr Venkman

a quick question for any nufc supporters in and around the belfast area....  i'm gonna be in belfast on saturday to see a gig at the odyssey arena, i'm hoping to find a pub close ish to the arena to watch the fulham match in, any suggestions?

cheers

It's out of the city centre-ish but there's pubs (and restaurants) at the venue itself - a set-up not unlike The Gate in the Toon. If you fancied a drink in the city centre itself a taxi to the Odyssey would cost very little.

It's out of the city centre-ish but there's pubs (and restaurants) at the venue itself - a set-up not unlike The Gate in the Toon. If you fancied a drink in the city centre itself a taxi to the Odyssey would cost very little.

ok nice one mate, guess i'll just get in touch with one of the pubs at the arena and see if they're showing the match

thanks

Guest geordie01

yeh couple of bars in odyssey might be showing it but like the gate theyd be lacking in any type of atmosphere. the bridge house in the city centre would be decent or auntie annies accross the road.

yeh couple of bars in odyssey might be showing it but like the gate theyd be lacking in any type of atmosphere. the bridge house in the city centre would be decent or auntie annies accross the road.

ok, if i've got time i'll head to the places with better atmosphere, depends on the show times, thanks man, looking forward to my trip like, i've never been to ireland

Odyssey is like a 10 minute walk from the city centre, there are plenty of pubs in the city centre worth going to but some are quiet rough although they may be slightly out of the centre, theres a nice wee bar in the Odyssey as soon as you walk in, pretty sure it does footy, about 99% sure there was a big sign in the window last time i was there.

Odyssey is like a 10 minute walk from the city centre, there are plenty of pubs in the city centre worth going to but some are quiet rough although they may be slightly out of the centre, theres a nice wee bar in the Odyssey as soon as you walk in, pretty sure it does footy, about 99% sure there was a big sign in the window last time i was there.

thanks to you too, yeah a bar at the arena will be perfect really with the late kick off time, i've e mailed them to check if they're showing it

Guest andyc90

If you go into the Odyessy, the first bar on your right (Rockies) is a sports bar. So I would imagine that would have it on.

Taxi into the city centre is very little about (£3). If you looking for a one that has atmosphere, when we played Liverpool last season at home, we went to 'The Botanic Inn' (http://www.thebotanicinn.com/index.asp) to watch at it and it was great.

If you go into the Odyessy, the first bar on your right (Rockies) is a sports bar. So I would imagine that would have it on.

Taxi into the city centre is very little about (£3). If you looking for a one that has atmosphere, when we played Liverpool last season at home, we went to 'The Botanic Inn' (http://www.thebotanicinn.com/index.asp) to watch at it and it was great.

Yep thats the one i was talking about. The Botanic Inn is good aswell.

Always found 'The Beaten Docket', opposite the Europa Hotel to have a few Geordies in it when the match is on. Has had a reputation as a 'no go' bar for us English in the past but I have never had any trouble in there. But to be honest, you would be just as well sticking with Rockies in The Oddessy giving the late kick off. Who are you going to see? Springsteen I take it?

Always found 'The Beaten Docket', opposite the Europa Hotel to have a few Geordies in it when the match is on. Has had a reputation as a 'no go' bar for us English in the past but I have never had any trouble in there. But to be honest, you would be just as well sticking with Rockies in The Oddessy giving the late kick off. Who are you going to see? Springsteen I take it?

got it in one mate, off to see the boss. yeah its most likely we'll just watch it in an arena bar if its on there, almost too good to be true though, something must be up, lets hope its not the result

got it in one mate, off to see the boss. yeah its most likely we'll just watch it in an arena bar if its on there, almost too good to be true though, something must be up, lets hope its not the result

Aye, over at the Odyssey they'll be showing the match. You'd only run into a problem if it wasn't on Sky or Setanta. But, if you want any kind of atmosphere, you'd be best to go to the Bot (Botanic Inn). Was where I'd always go to watch the footy when I was at Uni in Belfast. Had some good nights in there...

Aye, over at the Odyssey they'll be showing the match. You'd only run into a problem if it wasn't on Sky or Setanta. But, if you want any kind of atmosphere, you'd be best to go to the Bot (Botanic Inn). Was where I'd always go to watch the footy when I was at Uni in Belfast. Had some good nights in there...

cheers man, would be nice to seek some atmospehere but there's about 15 geordies going over for the gig so we'll try and create our own if we're just staying at the odyssey, best not say the bot sounds good, people will talk