Pace

James

Having pace isn't the be all and end all, having pace with a purpose is however.

I agree.

Tony Daley at our place was the fastest player I've seen, faster than Agbonlahor, but with absolutely no clue what to do with the ball when he ran out of space to run into.

Ashley Young is nowhere near as fast, but can cross very well. James Milner has little pace but is also a very good crosser of the ball. Decent wingers will create space.

:idiot2:  :lol:

at villa he did and the crowd there loved him. the question should be why can he do it there but not here ? what differing circumstances are there ? did he have someone to aim for at villa ?

I read somewhere that Milner's last assist was for Martins overhead kick against Bolton and that was more to do with Martins ability to create something from a cross played behind him.

but your forgetting things like his goal at sunderland which was a cross into the perfect area for forwards to attack.

i doubt beckham at his best would get much quality in with what we have to aim for. only owen regularly gambles on "those" positions.

Having pace isn't the be all and end all, having pace with a purpose is however.

I agree.

Tony Daley at our place was the fastest player I've seen, faster than Agbonlahor, but with absolutely no clue what to do with the ball when he ran out of space to run into.

Ashley Young is nowhere near as fast, but can cross very well. James Milner has little pace but is also a very good crosser of the ball. Decent wingers will create space.

at villa he did and the crowd there loved him. the question should be why can he do it there but not here ? what differing circumstances are there ? did he have someone to aim for at villa ?

No differing circumstances, nobody to aim for in particular, but he was our player of the season. Maybe he's a confidence player, but when he was with us he could certainly cross the ball very well.

If we bought him off you in January, I'd be chuffed, and so would most Villa fans

I read somewhere that Milner's last assist was for Martins overhead kick against Bolton and that was more to do with Martins ability to create something from a cross played behind him.

but your forgetting things like his goal at sunderland which was a cross into the perfect area for forwards to attack.

i doubt beckham at his best would get much quality in with what we have to aim for. only owen regularly gambles on "those" positions.

And his goal against Spurs which came from a swing and a miss, then volleying when the keeper and defence were wrong-footed...

Aye, like I said in the opening post, its not just about speed, the player needs to know how to use that speed to best effect. For example, Martins can run 100m in less than 11 seconds, yet I dont think I have ever seen him make a quick and effective forward run that is going to stretch our opponent.

I agree.

Cos he isnt good enough? Villa were piss poor at the time. We are piss poor now. Doing the odd stepover and shuffle then hoofing it into the Holte/Leazes end is manna from heaven for some man.

Whichever way anyone wants to dress it up I'm not having him down as a very good crosser of the ball

maybe the last 4 words in bold but all six is way over the top.

I agree.

No differing circumstances, nobody to aim for in particular, but he was our player of the season. Maybe he's a confidence player, but when he was with us he could certainly cross the ball very well.

If we bought him off you in January, I'd be chuffed, and so would most Villa fans

If there was a footballing God then that would happen. Honest.

I agree.

Cos he isnt good enough? Villa were piss poor at the time. We are piss poor now. Doing the odd stepover and shuffle then hoofing it into the Holte/Leazes end is manna from heaven for some man.

Whichever way anyone wants to dress it up I'm not having him down as a very good crosser of the ball

but thats not what he done. he created.

i don't think he is the best wide player in the world but your going over the top is getting a bit fetishistic

I agree.

i don't think he is the best wide player in the world but your going over the top is getting a bit fetishistic

Not really, the kid has been piss poor all season and way over-rated last. People are starting to see that now thank fuck. Only the manager left to go and we all know what a tool he is proving to be.

I agree.

Not really, the kid has been piss poor all season and way over-rated last. People are starting to see that now thank f***. Only the manager left to go and we all know what a tool he is proving to be.

i don't think he's been poor all season and people aren't starting to see it some have always rated him and some haven't. i don't really think anyone has changed their mind.

I agree.

Not really, the kid has been piss poor all season and way over-rated last. People are starting to see that now thank f***. Only the manager left to go and we all know what a tool he is proving to be.

i don't think he's been poor all season and people aren't starting to see it some have always rated him and some haven't. i don't really think anyone has changed their mind.

A few of us were regularly shot down for pointing out how average Milner was back in the Summer, most seem to agree with us now.