How can Big Sam win you over?

Guest Knightrider

Realise methods & people who did a job at Bolton may not be required at Newcastle. Fergie did this when dumping long time side kick Archi knox at Man Utd

Dump the spreadsheet & go with what you think for the team.

Elesewhere you will see Sir Bobby agrees with my first point.

An look what David James has wrote today he could be talking about my 2nd point:

I've heard that one top club pick their players on the basis of fitness data taken in training. They've spent millions in the transfer market, yet a heart monitor is going to tell them who makes the team sheet? Funnily enough, their league position isn't exactly stunning.

The full article is a good read & show up the flaws in Prozone & opta:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/12/30/i_love_my_stats_but_you_need_h.html

if we always played players in their "right" positions we'd never have got steve howey to centre half,rob lee to central midfield,barry venison to ventre half then centre midfield. it's a matter of learning when you get it wrong.

Interesting how many people are calling for 4-4-2 when only 2 or possibly 3 of the current top 10 in the league actually play with 2 up front.

And what exactly is a players "proper position"?  Decent players should be able to do a job wherever they are asked to play within reason and none of the top managers pigeon hole players to a single position like some fans do.  Fergie thinks nothing of playing Rooney, Giggs, O'Shea etc in many different positions.  Last season Essien played wide right, centre midfield, fullback and centre back.  At Arsenal Eboue played all of last season at fullback and was superb but this year Arsene has used him as a right sided midfielder.

Players, especially young ones, shouldn't be tied to one position just because someone played them there when they were 14 years old.

And what exactly is a players "proper position"?  Decent players should be able to do a job wherever they are asked to play within reason and none of the top managers pigeon hole players to a single position like some fans do.  Fergie thinks nothing of playing Rooney, Giggs, O'Shea etc in many different positions.  Last season Essien played wide right, centre midfield, fullback and centre back.  At Arsenal Eboue played all of last season at fullback and was superb but this year Arsene has used him as a right sided midfielder.

We wouldn't be moaning if we were winning consistently like Man Utd. and Arsenal..

And anyway Giggs only ever plays on the left, sometimes in the middle or just off the striker (which he did alot a few seasons back) through injuries. Injuries are the reason why Essien got moved about alot.

Rooney is never taken to far from his comfort zone.... he might play in a forward 3 but the style of Manure's play is so slick it doesn't really matter.

O'Shea is simply a utility player for Manure.

Arsene obviously planned to move Eboue into midfield because he bough another right back. Eboue's greatest strength has always been his offensive play. Charles is very suspect defensively and positionally and i'm not sure if he's improving in that aspect. Not to mention we signed a LB in the summer.

We wouldn't be moaning if we were winning consistently like Man Utd. and Arsenal..

And anyway Giggs only ever plays on the left, sometimes in the middle or just off the striker (which he did alot a few seasons back) through injuries. Injuries are the reason why Essien got moved about alot.

Rooney is never taken to far from his comfort zone.... he might play in a forward 3 but the style of Manure's play is so slick it doesn't really matter.

O'Shea is simply a utility player for Manure.

Arsene obviously planned to move Eboue into midfield because he bough another right back. Eboue's greatest strength has always been his offensive play. Charles is very suspect defensively and positionally and i'm not sure if he's improving in that aspect. Not to mention we signed a LB in the summer.

So basically by confirming that good players can play in several different positions you agree with me, and what you're really unhappy about is that we aren't winning as much as Arsenal and ManU.