Today's Matches

Guest Geordiesned

What a shit derby Arsenal/Spurs has become.

Thousands of empty seats and a non-existant atmosphere with one of the clubs putting out a reserve side. And this is a  Semi-final. Night game too which is usually better for atmosphere.

Guest kingdawson

What a s*** derby Arsenal/Spurs has become.

Thousands of empty seats and a non-existant atmosphere with one of the clubs putting out a reserve side. And this is a  Semi-final. Night game too which is usually better for atmosphere.

We done our bit tbh. Sold out our allocation and all the noise was comming from our section.

It didn't seem that bad.  Have you seen us play? 

We done our bit tbh. Sold out our allocation and all the noise was comming from our section.

I  know you sold your allocation, Spurs away support is nearly always good.

Atmosphere was still poor though even if most of the singing was coming from your end.

I would have thought that if Arsenal bandwagon fans didn't want to go tonight that Spurs fans would have snapped up the tickets with it being 10mins down the road and a big game but there were rows upon rows of empty seats in the top tier.

Atmosphere was still poor though even if most of the singing was coming from your end.

I would have thought that if Arsenal bandwagon fans didn't want to go tonight that Spurs fans would have snapped up the tickets with it being 10mins down the road and a big game but there were rows upon rows of empty seats in the top tier.

It really is strange as it was near enough a sell out when we played them in the League Cup. I presume they didn't drop the prices for this one.

Like a few other derbies it's lost a lot of it's atmosphere in recent years partly because of the way the match is played.  It's no longer the blood and thunder encounter with x-rated tackles flying in that it used to be.

Guest johnnyappleseed

It really is strange as it was near enough a sell out when we played them in the League Cup. I presume they didn't drop the prices for this one.

spurs didn't allow them to drop the prices. arsenal usually charge 10/20 for league cup matches since they use it as a competition for their reserves and it wouldn't be fair otherwise. the spurs game was at Category B prices, so obviously they aren't going to pay that kind of money to see a reserve team.

spurs didn't allow them to drop the prices. arsenal usually charge 10/20 for league cup matches since they use it as a competition for their reserves and it wouldn't be fair otherwise. the spurs game was at Category B prices, so obviously they aren't going to pay that kind of money to see a reserve team.

That is becoming a common attitude.  It happened with Villa v Man Utd and NUFC.com suggested that Stoke would not let us reduce our prices for the replay - not being satisfied with their highest home attendance for some time and the TV money, Stoke are out to try and get even more.  I would imagine there will be a much lower attendance than Stoke are expecting (they keep on about 50,000 - when did we last have an attendance like that for a cup game) so it will backfire on them.