Viduka: We can build on clean sheet

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

No-one told him that its Man U next then?

From the Ronnie Gill:

MARK VIDUKA believes that there is light at the end of the tunnel as far as Newcastle United’s up-and- down season is concerned.

United earned an FA Cup replay against Stoke City and halted a run of three straight defeats.

But now Viduka is keen to build on the clean sheet by bringing goals back into the equation.

The Aussie striker only had glimpses of goal against the Potters but is confident that goals and wins will follow.

He said: “We played some decent football recently and that has been encouraging.

“There are some positives, and at times we have played some good attacking football and dominated a lot of the games.

“We have to start winning games, though, by playing good football.”

Former Leeds and Celtic star Viduka has bagged five goals this season but hasn’t scored in four games since his brace against Derby County last month rescued a point.

However, the man who netted 19 times for Middlesbrough last season says he can handle the heat.

He went on: “As a striker your job is to score goals and that brings pressure.

“In our team we need to be playing as a whole, though, and not as individuals.

“Parts of the team have been doing well and other parts haven’t.

“We need to stick together. It’s not just about Sam’s job – it’s about us.

“And we want to be winning games.”

Yet the situation does not get any easier for Viduka and United, with a tough trip to Old Trafford up next for the Magpies at a venue where they have failed to record a victory at since 1972.

The Australian football legend has pledged to the Toon Army that the players are committed to the task in hand.

He added: “As players we have pride and we don’t want to be going out and losing games.

“We want to win for ourselves and for Sam.

“That’s in the back of our minds all of the time.”

From the Ronnie Gill:

MARK VIDUKA believes that there is light at the end of the tunnel as far as Newcastle United?s up-and- down season is concerned.

United earned an FA Cup replay against Stoke City and halted a run of three straight defeats.

But now Viduka is keen to build on the clean sheet by bringing goals back into the equation.

The Aussie striker only had glimpses of goal against the Potters but is confident that goals and wins will follow.

He said: ?We played some decent football recently and that has been encouraging.

?There are some positives, and at times we have played some good attacking football and dominated a lot of the games.

?We have to start winning games, though, by playing good football.?

Former Leeds and Celtic star Viduka has bagged five goals this season but hasn?t scored in four games since his brace against Derby County last month rescued a point.

However, the man who netted 19 times for Middlesbrough last season says he can handle the heat.

He went on: ?As a striker your job is to score goals and that brings pressure.

?In our team we need to be playing as a whole, though, and not as individuals.

?Parts of the team have been doing well and other parts haven?t.

?We need to stick together. It?s not just about Sam?s job ? it?s about us.

?And we want to be winning games.?

Yet the situation does not get any easier for Viduka and United, with a tough trip to Old Trafford up next for the Magpies at a venue where they have failed to record a victory at since 1972.

The Australian football legend has pledged to the Toon Army that the players are committed to the task in hand.

He added: ?As players we have pride and we don?t want to be going out and losing games.

?We want to win for ourselves and for Sam.

?That?s in the back of our minds all of the time.?

:sleepy2:

Guest Ridzuan

Viduka speaking he right thing as usual but we have heard a lot of talkings recently,how motivated the team are bla bla bla,and when it comes to the pitch,its the same old story.

Guest toonlass

I still wonder why Viduka never gets slated on here. He never lived up to the expectations...

What expectations did you have of Viduka? I think most other people knew he was a fat, lazy aussie long before he came here.

In all fairness he has scored some bloody important goals.

Indeed he has, but he is still fat and lazy.

Typical slackjaw. Every player must have every attribute. Robert suffered the same despite being one of our most important players and match winners for years.

I do however think the article is a load of bollocks. Its months since we dominated a game.

Guest Ridzuan

In true fairness,all of our strikers so far has been useless this season like a fat cow waiting to be shoot to death.

In true fairness,all of our strikers so far has been useless this season like a fat cow waiting to be shoot to death.

:lol:

Staying with the sincerity, we do need some out and out goalscorers.

I don't think it's fair to give any of our strikers stick. The fact that Viduka has managed to get any goals at all this season is a fucking miracle given that he's feeding off the scraps of scraps.

I'd be tearing my fucking hair out if i was him, Martins Owen or Smith

Guest toonlass

Indeed so would I, but its up to them to start scoring. Perhaps they should think about having a word with the midfielders and say "Excuse me chaps, but I like to score goals, so if one of you wouldn't mind popping the ball into my feet in or around the penalty area then I would be much obliged!" Maybe they should stop talking to the Ronnie Gill and let their football do the talking on the field of play!

The trouble is, and I'm not sticking up for the lack of midfield creativity here but everything has to be 'clever' with Viduka upfront. Look at Man City - we played some alright stuff and Viduka showed some nice touches but everything had to be neat flicks and one-twos because he isn't mobile enough to lose his marker. He needs it with his back to goal at his feet with midfield / forwards running in behind him to feed off those flick-ons etc. Same goes for Owen to an extent who, despite being a different sort of player lacks the pace of old so needs clever balls played into his feet too. When the two of them played together in the second half we were too intricate but, if you see what I mean - we had to be as that was the only way we were ever going to get any joy. Problem is it's very hard against even a competent defence if you don't couple that with a bit of pace. The only forward with pace is a complete enigma (and that's me being polite).

From the Ronnie Gill:

MARK VIDUKA believes that there is light at the end of the tunnel as far as Newcastle United?s up-and- down season is concerned.

He said: ?We played some decent football recently and that has been encouraging.

?There are some positives, and at times we have played some good attacking football and dominated a lot of the games.

?We have to start winning games, though, by playing good football.?

Former Leeds and Celtic star Viduka has bagged five goals this season but hasn?t scored in four games since his brace against Derby County last month rescued a point.

He went on: ?As a striker your job is to score goals and that brings pressure.

?In our team we need to be playing as a whole, though, and not as individuals.

?Parts of the team have been doing well and other parts haven?t.

?We need to stick together. It?s not just about Sam?s job ? it?s about us.

?And we want to be winning games.?

He added: ?As players we have pride and we don?t want to be going out and losing games.

?We want to win for ourselves and for Sam.

?That?s in the back of our minds all of the time.?

:sleepy2:

Well summed Parky. Coulden't agree more. Not sure if even Viduka believes that crap. If he does then maybe he and others are a bit deluded.

Viduka for a big bloke doesn't get up to win 50/50 headers he needs it pretty much laid out on a plate for him to have a go. Even when it is played to he feet with he's only slightly better. We need better than the likes of him, he has no pace or fight or grit of note really imo.