We'll need to spend close to £100m between now and the end of the summer 2008..

Parky

You serious? Lescott, Cahill, Arteta, AJ or Yak, would all easily go straight in our starting 11. Baines probably better than Enrique as well.

Those 2 would,  Maybe Lescott too, but I think he'd add nothing because our defensive problems aren't down to individuals but to not working as a unit.

Yakubu would probably get ahead of Martins and/or Viduka, aye.

Owen would shit on Johnson when both playing their best.  As it is, they're both playing canny shite, aren't they?

Do people generally agree that Allardyce isnt getting the best out of his players then?

That old chesnut.  bluerazz.gif

To compete for the top 6 (Liverpool are 5th btw) we need to start spending big. And that doesn't mean we want to show the kind of ambition that Everton or Blackburn show (they spend conservatively) They don't have enough quality in depth to sustain any kind of challenge hence they yo yo. I'm not in the remotest interested what these two mickey mouse outfits do or don't do.

Man City and Pompey who both spent big in the summer along with Spurs who have spent big for two summers (the sale of Carrick makes the net figure look smaller) are the group we need to be in and that includes Liverpool now if Man C hold onto 4th which wouldn't surprise me. To catch up to this group regarding squad depth and and 3/4 high quality players we will have to spend big money.

Idiots amongst us and lets face it in they aren't in the minority will point to money being spent on Luque, Owen, Martins, Smith etc It means nothing if the players don't produce, they have to be replaced with players who are better and will deliver. If you like spending wrong recently (particularly on semi and perma crocks) means the money doesn't actually appear on the pitch, this is the reality and there is no hiding from.

So on three levels we are playing catch up: Squad depth, 3/4 top tier players, 3/4 good squad players to cover.

This is going to cost money and big money.

You serious? Lescott, Cahill, Arteta, AJ or Yak, would all easily go straight in our starting 11. Baines probably better than Enrique as well.

Those 2 would,  Maybe Lescott too, but I think he'd add nothing because our defensive problems aren't down to individuals but to not working as a unit.

Owen would shit on Johnson when both playing their best.  As it is, they're both playing canny shite, aren't they?

Not sure about that. Owen isn't anywhere the player he once was so unless you're on about sticking him in a Delorean I don't think there's much between them overall.

If we get 2-3 top tier players (AMC, RM and maybe a striker), we'll have everything we need imo. The players starting now (Milner, Duff, Geremi, Viduka etc.) will drop off to bench and become squad players, which will mean we have squad depth.

We don't need to spend that much. Certainly not £100m anyway ;)

Do people generally agree that Allardyce isnt getting the best out of his players then?

To compete for the top 6 (Liverpool are 5th btw) we need to start spending big. And that doesn't mean we want to show the kind of ambition that Everton or Blackburn show (they spend conservatively) They don't have enough quality in depth to sustain any kind of challenge hence they yo yo. I'm not in the remotest interested what these two mickey mouse outfits do or don't do.

Man City and Pompey who both spent big in the summer along with Spurs who have spent big for two summers (the sale of Carrick makes the net figure look smaller) are the group we need to be in and that includes Liverpool now if Man C hold onto 4th which wouldn't surprise me. To catch up to this group regarding squad depth and and 3/4 high quality players we will have to spend big money.

Idiots amongst us and lets face it in they aren't in the minority will point to money being spent on Luque, Owen, Martins, Smith etc It means nothing if the players don't produce, they have to be replaced with players who are better and will deliver. If you like spending wrong recently (particularly on semi and perma crocks) means the money doesn't actually appear on the pitch, this is the reality and there is no hiding from.

So on three levels we are playing catch up: Squad depth, 3/4 top tier players, 3/4 good squad players to cover.

What guarantuee is there that any of these big money signings will improve the squad if the signings laready made by allardyce havent improved the squad? Surely you cant say that the players we signed werent an improvment on what we had last year.

Dont get me wrong, i definitely think that the team needs investment, but as it stands, Allrdyce hasnt shown to me that he has the ability or coaching methods to make the new signings work. Which for me is a bigger worry.

I also think £100m is pretty steep in 6months, because if £100m is spent in 6months, and Allardyce doesnt get us into a top4 or5 position how do yout think that would bode with the fans? Do you think it would be justifiable and sensible to give him the rope to hang himself so early into his nufc career.

100 million to make up 10 points.

I will tell a cheaper way, get Sam sort his tactics out.  We won't drop 5 points against Derby! 2 points away at 'boro and another 2 at the scum.

the other point needed well 10 million would give us that.  it has to!

Not sure about that. Owen isn't anywhere the player he once was so unless you're on about sticking him in a Delorean I don't think there's much between them overall.

Either way, if they offered the swap I'd turn it down.

What guarantuee is there that any of these big money signings will improve the squad if the signings laready made by allardyce havent improved the squad? Surely you cant say that the players we signed werent an improvment on what we had last year.

Dont get me wrong, i definitely think that the team needs investment, but as it stands, Allrdyce hasnt shown to me that he has the ability or coaching methods to make the new signings work. Which for me is a bigger worry.

I also think £100m is pretty steep in 6months, because if £100m is spent in 6months, and Allardyce doesnt get us into a top4 or5 position how do yout think that would bode with the fans? Do you think it would be justifiable and sensible to give him the rope to hang himself so early into his nufc career.

It's not steep. It's ambitious.

I will tell a cheaper way, get Sam sort his tactics out.  We won't drop 5 points against Derby! 2 points away at 'boro and another 2 at the scum.

No clue.

Either way, if they offered the swap I'd turn it down.

I reckon I'd take it tbh.

No clue.

Least my posts have some actual facts to them. we are 10 points off sixth place, when we have gone through an AWFUL period of form.  We have dropped points we shouldn't have where i have mentioned above.

So if those results when differently we would be just off sixth place no?

If our luck have been a little worse how much money wouldn't of been needed?

I genuinely cant understand you, i'm miffed to say the least. 

No clue.

Lets my posts have facts in them we are 10 points off sixth place, when we have gone through an AWFUL period of form.  We have dropped points we shouldn't have where i have mentioned above.

If are luck have been a little worse how much money wouldn't of been needed?

There is a more awfuller period of form we are just about to move into. Check el listo fixtero.

We've got the worst goal differance in the top 6...top 12.

No clue.

Lets my posts have facts in them we are 10 points off sixth place, when we have gone through an AWFUL period of form.  We have dropped points we shouldn't have where i have mentioned above.

There is a more awfuller period of form we are just about to move into. Check el listo fixtero.

you can't say 100 million guarantees you anything. people who think like that are often deluded.  even if a player has been proven in the premier league you cant guarantee him to be a success at nufc.  you build from the very bottom upwards, changing the whole foundations if you want long term success

That old chesnut. bluerazz.gif

Only if you're naive enough to believe that flexing your financial muscles is the only way (or the key way) to implement ambition.

Do you not think that it is a bit naive to try and achieve this clubs ambitions in 6 months, which is essentially what you're implying?

Its basically giving the club a rope to hang itself with.

No clue.

you can't say 100 million guarantees you anything. people who think like that are often deluded.  even if a player has been proven in the premier league you cant guarantee him to be a success at nufc.  you build from the very bottom upwards, changing the whole foundations if you want long term success

Let's not buy quality players. Good idea.  :thup:

Only if you're naive enough to believe that flexing your financial muscles is the only way (or the key way) to implement ambition.

Do you not think that it is a bit naive to try and achieve this clubs ambitions in 6 months, which is essentially what you're implying?

We won't achieve any of our long term goals in 6 months. What we will do if we have a significant and targetted spend is be able to compete. That's all.

No clue.

Let's not buy quality players. Good idea.  :thup:

Whats wrong with buying a quality player when they become available?  Isn't that what every club tries to do?

One thing that clubs don't do is give there manager 100 million to reach a european spot... in space of 6 months

No clue.

While building a good youth academy etc. is important it will only ever bring through quality players occasionally imo, no matter how good it is. I can't think of a single club who has had long-term success without spending big. It may not guarentee success but not doing so pretty much guarentees you won't be succesful.

We won't achieve any of our long term goals in 6 months. What we will do if we have a significant and targetted spend is be able to compete. That's all.

We're ten points away from a good position. We are punching well below our weight in term of quality of our squad and havent strung together 2 or 3 consecutive decent performances. In my opinion saying that £x million will make us competitive again is a bit naive and pretty short sighted.

My point is that if Allardyce had squeazed a drop of talent out of the squad he's inherited and put together, id be more confident to hand over a fat wedge for him to take us further. He hasnt so far, so by that logic wont do if he is given the wonga. Which leads us back to square one.

We're ten points away from a good position. We are punching well below our weight in term of quality of our squad and havent strung together 2 or 3 consecutive decent performances. In my opinion saying that £x million will make us competitive again is a bit naive and pretty short sighted.

My point is that if Allardyce had squeazed a drop of talent out of the squad he's inherited and put together, id be more confident to hand over a fat wedge for him to take us further. He hasnt so far, so by that logic wont do if he is given the wonga. Which leads us back to square one.

What in the name of the good lord are you babbling about?

What in the name of the good lord are you babbling about?

Lets spend £200m and get us looking to achieve our ambitions in one go.