I would rather have Shearer than Redknapp

Delima

Shearer is a Legend weshould have him with Kenny Dalglish as his assistant.

Dogleash acting as the wise old head to a young manager who's first job is gaffer at a well supported club it has been done before with devastating effect.

But what does that matter its "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeera" we are talking about.... :laugh:

Dogleash acting as the wise old head to a young manager who's first job is gaffer at a well supported club it has been done before with devastating effect.

Someone like Dalglish or Keegan working alongside Shearer and I might go along with it. The time to worry is if he brings in his cronies like Lee & Speed who also have no experience.

REMEMBER HOW GOOD A MENTOR KENNY DEE WAS TO JOHN BARNES!!!

WE MUST STAY WELL CLEAR OF KENNY OR THIS KENNY WILL KILL US, THE BASTARD.

Someone like Dalglish or Keegan working alongside Shearer and I might go along with it. The time to worry is if he brings in his cronies like Lee & Speed who also have no experience.

WE MUST STAY WELL CLEAR OF KENNY OR THIS KENNY WILL KILL US, THE b******.

That was more down to the sh*teness of Barnes.

But what does that matter its "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeera" we are talking about....

Someone mentioned Dalglish as his assistant

That was more down to the sh*teness of Barnes

Barnes was s*** but I think Kenny was meant to help him out as DOF,mentor or whatever he was & it was Kenny who took Terry Mac to Celtic ffs.

Was tongue in cheek mate.  I am gobsmacked by the number of people who would be happy with Shearer in charge.  I find it astonishing that the forums have been full of people whining and bitching all day about not getting the likes of Mourinho and Lippi to getting excited about someone with no experience of coaching (with the exception of standing in a dug out on match days in Roeders run) and managing.

If it was any other person with no coaching or managerial experience Tyneside would be up in arms but no its "Sheeeeeeeera!!!" so somehow its acceptable....

That was more down to the sh*teness of Barnes

Barnes was s*** but I think Kenny was meant to help him out as DOF,mentor or whatever he was & it was Kenny who took Terry Mac to Celtic ffs.

Where he done fuck all too.  And the talk was that his actual role was "Social Convenor"  :laugh:

Was tongue in cheek mate.  I am gobsmacked by the number of people who would be happy with Shearer in charge.  I find it astonishing that the forums have been full of people whining and bitching all day about not getting the likes of Mourinho and Lippi to getting excited about someone with no experience of coaching (with the exception of standing in a dug out on match days in Roeders run) and managing.

If it was any other person with no coaching or managerial experience Tyneside would be up in arms but no its "Sheeeeeeeera!!!" so somehow its acceptable....

Agree with this. Because he "loves the club" has no baring on whether he'd be good for us or not. When Ferguson leaves Man Utd do you think they'd be happy with Ince (who does have a bit of experience) because "he loves the club"?

That was as a DoF...meaning he helped do transfer negotiations etc. I think on the coaching side on the training pitch he'd be good for Shearer. Shearer's said all along he likes him. Still think it'll be Newell if/whenever Shearer becomes manager.

I dont think he was meant to sit in his ivory tower & watch Barnes as a rookie head coach go from one disaster after another. I think Alan will make Fazackerley his number 2.

Guest Asprilla

Agree with this. Because he "loves the club" has no baring on whether he'd be good for us or not. When Ferguson leaves Man Utd do you think they'd be happy with Ince (who does have a bit of experience) because "he loves the club"?

Yeah, Ince and Shearer are on a par...  :rolleyes:

We have three options it appears.

1: Appoint a Mourinho/Lippi....not likely apparently

2: Appoint a Moyes/Redknapp/Hughes....no better than Allardyce

3: A wild card....Shearer

It could be a disaster but I'd take that chance rather than shuffle into obscurity along with Villa and Reading.

Another couple of seasons of mediocrity and Man City/Spuds will overtake us permanently. Don't forget our only two decent managers had a connection to the club. One with NO experience, the other with a CV to rival any boss in the world.

There aren't too many other options and we have to face it.

But we aren't Man Utd! Of the options realistically available I think Shearer would be the most exciting. Keegan had no managerial experience and did okay! Also, those saying he looks like a numpty on MOTD are right, but then they all do. I think there has been some kind of BBC directive to be as dull as possible after the FA started taking coverage away from them when they were perceived as too negative about England when they actually said fuck all. Even Hansen, who I used to think was incredibly knowledgeable and a great pundit, is now wank. I don't think it's because they're lazy, i think it's because they are told to be (with the exception of wright, who is a moron)

Guest Asprilla

Ok then, Keane.

Keane is a better example for ManU (ie he was a legend there)

Thing is, they have a rather more impressive recent history....they're not going to struggle to attract someone decent.

Saying that, whoever does come in has got some ALMIGHTY shoes to fill...

You being a jock mag should know about the impact some rookie managers can make:

Kenny D @ Liverpool

Souey @ Rangers

Keegan @ Newcastle

But we aren't Man Utd! Of the options realistically available I think Shearer would be the most exciting. Keegan had no managerial experience and did okay! Also, those saying he looks like a numpty on MOTD are right, but then they all do. I think there has been some kind of BBC directive to be as dull as possible after the FA started taking coverage away from them when they were perceived as too negative about England when they actually said f*** all. Even Hansen, who I used to think was incredibly knowledgeable and a great pundit, is now w***. I don't think it's because they're lazy, i think it's because they are told to be (with the exception of wright, who is a moron)

Based on what?

Guest alankhaw

But we aren't Man Utd! Of the options realistically available I think Shearer would be the most exciting. Keegan had no managerial experience and did okay! Also, those saying he looks like a numpty on MOTD are right, but then they all do. I think there has been some kind of BBC directive to be as dull as possible after the FA started taking coverage away from them when they were perceived as too negative about England when they actually said f*** all. Even Hansen, who I used to think was incredibly knowledgeable and a great pundit, is now w***. I don't think it's because they're lazy, i think it's because they are told to be (with the exception of wright, who is a moron)

Keegan started off in the lower divisions but Shearer would be starting at the top. Big difference

You being a jock mag should know about the impact some rookie managers can make:

Kenny D @ Liverpool

Souey @ Rangers

Keegan @ Newcastle

Some being the key word there.  For everyone of them there is a Stuart Pearce or John Barnes.  Would you honestly be happy if it was any other "rookie" (Beardsley, Gazza, Speed) or is it just because it is "Shearer"?

*Oh and Souness was lucky to manage a big spending Rangers side when no other team in Scotland has any money nor were they any good*

Based on what?

Based on the buzz around the ground, in the town and hopefully throughout the team. My point is, with the options that (appear) to be available, we aren't going to agree on who we want, that's quite clear. I think the negativity surrounding any appointment will be noticeable and put the new manager on the back foot immediately, with the exception of Shearer who everyone (if he was to be appointed) would get behind, regardless of original preference.

As to the point about starting in the lower league, i actually think that it must be harder to start in the lower leagues rather than the league that you were familiar with. Shearer knows the Prem inside out, holds huge respect from fellow pros and I think he might do a good job, despite the risk involved.

Don't get me wrong, i'd rather a Mourinho, Lippi, etc. but it seems less and less likely. All i'm saying is i'd rather take a risk on Shearer than a risk on Redknapp. They've both won the same amount of silverware as managers and shearer's win ratio is better after all ;)

Keegan started off in the lower divisions but Shearer would be starting at the top. Big difference

Your right it is easier to start off higher up the league than lower down.

Shearer will not get the job, why would he? Ashley has emphasized before that he respects Alan Shearer for the legend status he has here but wouldn't appoint a manager who isn't experienced, he compares it to how his business's work, why would he give a load of his money to man who's never spent a penny as a football manager before?

Guest neesy111

we are no nearer to know who the new manager is?

these so called 'sources' are just taking these media people for a ride

Guest alankhaw

I'd rather give Sir Bobby a job till the summer as a caretaker and bring back John Carver whos now out of a job. Or if not them then someone as caretaker. This is probably one of the biggest decisions of recents years and we need to bide our time and make the right appointment. We've made too many mistakes in the past and thats what we're always in the news for. Lets do the right thing and not be the laughing stock anymore