Shearer Wants Manager's Job

Guest Eires No. 1

Mark Knopfler will be our new manager. With Shearer as his assistant. Mark will play Local Hero at kick-off and we are winning every match.

http://www.dsrc.com.br/image/mkalan2005.jpg

I can't believe some of the same people hating the idea of Redknapp want Shearer.

F*cking hell man, Lee Clark is equally qualified to do it and is a Geordie who loves the club. Would you want him? While we're at it, Ian Bogie & Tommy Cassidy are doing well in non-league football.

rather him than harry, hughes or maclaren

I agree.

Keggy Keegle's effort was his first and he came closer than anyone for us.

I can't believe some of the same people hating the idea of Redknapp want Shearer.

F*cking hell man, Lee Clark is equally qualified to do it and is a Geordie who loves the club. Would you want him? While we're at it, Ian Bogie & Tommy Cassidy are doing well in non-league football.

I see Shearer is a iconic captain & leader like Keegan & Joe Harvey were before getting the Newcastle job. I dont think the others you have mentioned are.

Guest elbee909

One thing Shearer would have would be pulling power, bit like Brian Robson had at Middlesbrough

Or Roy Keane at Sunderland.

Oh wait...

This post is on the presumption that the top Europeon managers are unwilling to come or the board aren't interested in them.

In my opinion the only British manager able to get us successful is Shearer. Everyone now knows any other club manager would just be 2nd choice. They would not have the fans backing and would not last out next season unless they provided fairly instant success (like europeon football). Whether it's right or wrong Shearer will be the only one given a chance by the fans and as we all know as soon as the fans go against you then you have a major problem in this club.

He's not my first choice, I'd rather have a European manager, but I think we have a better chance of becoming successful again with Shearer than we do with someone like Mark Hughes.

This post is on the presumption that the top Europeon managers are unwilling to come or the board aren't interested in them.

In my opinion the only British manager able to get us successful is Shearer. Everyone now knows any other club manager would just be 2nd choice. They would not have the fans backing and would not last out next season unless they provided fairly instant success (like europeon football). Whether it's right or wrong Shearer will be the only one given a chance by the fans and as we all know as soon as the fans go against you then you have a major problem in this club.

He's not my first choice, I'd rather have a European manager, but I think we have a better chance of becoming successful again with Shearer than we do with someone like Mark Hughes.

:thup:

Guest elbee909

Shearer is not an experienced manager.

Niether was Keane, Klinsmann or Van Basten.

I know it's a leap of faith, but supposedly we're after an experienced manager, that's all I mean.

And Keane, yes, great - proof that having an iconic leader of men doesn't equate to greatness in the dugout.

I was so underwhelmed about Redknapp that i'd quite like Shearer. If anything it would be good to get it out the way as whoever the new boss is will have the shadow of Shearer and all the speculation surroundng him.

Shearer is not an experienced manager.

Niether was Keane, Klinsmann or Van Basten.

I know it's a leap of faith, but supposedly we're after an experienced manager, that's all I mean.

And Keane, yes, great - proof that having an iconic leader of men doesn't equate to greatness in the dugout.

I'm going a bit off topic here but I think Keane has done very well at Sunderland. 18 months ago they were in the Championship relegation zone and he turned it round, got them promoted and has them putting up a decent fight in the Premiership. You have to consider as well that he only has a limited amount of pulling power seen as Sunderland is not the place most young players want to move too, would rather be in London or a big city.

I only look at Newcastle Uniteds past & not other clubs  for an indicator on Newcastles future, this environment is unique & maybe it does need someone who understands the whole the gig & the area.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Mark Knopfler will be our new manager. With Shearer as his assistant. Mark will play Local Hero at kick-off and we are winning every match.

http://www.dsrc.com.br/image/mkalan2005.jpg

:lol:

Guest elbee909

I only look at Newcastle Uniteds past & not other clubs because for an indicator on Newcastle future, this environment is unique & maybe it does need someone who understands the whole the gig & the area.

When people say it's unique here, it reminds me of parents insisting how special their child is.  It's not bloody Mars.  99% of what needs doing is the same as would need doing anywhere else.

We had all this 'unique challenge' as the reason for appointing Roeder.