The Arsenal Fan at WHL in the Rocky shirt

Martin Lol

He's an exception to the rule in my experience. I gave a gooner some stick today and he spat his dummy out big time. Gooners love to dish it out but they don't like it up 'em!

That's why I was happy to give credit where it was deserved.  A club like Arsenal doesn't deserve fans like that tbh.

I certainly remember them from the 98 Cup Final. Walking out the stadium like they were walking to the newsagents. They had just won the FA Cup for fucks sake and not a one was celebrating, singing, dancing etc. Just walking along like it was another day.

Didnt see anything mentioned about them leaving early in the press

We were the scum of the earth for walking out early against Portsmouth and that was despite most, if not all, of them just going for an early half time piss.

It was quite widely reported, usually in conjunction with Defoe spraying Wenger with champagne  :lol:

Other members of the Arsenal delegation, including the managing director Keith Edelman, had left the stadium early possibly anticipating traffic problems around the ground. Indeed, while Arsenal were represented in the directors' box until the final whistle, some directors left their seats around the 70-minute mark with Spurs well en route to a first victory over their bitter rivals in 21 attempts.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2245845,00.html

But a), that only mentions the Directors, not the fans and

b), it tries to justify their early departure by citing traffic problems.

So still waiting to see some condemnation of the Arsenals fans' attitude.

Apologies, I understand your point now. 

TBH, the vast majority of the journos are either Arsenal or Chelsea so the likelihood of getting a true representation in the press of what happened is very unlikely.  I doubt whether there were 200/250 Arsenal fans still left in WHL to see Adebayor score the consolation, let alone see the final whistle.

We were the scum of the earth for walking out early against Portsmouth and that was despite most, if not all, of them just going for an early half time piss.

It was quite widely reported, usually in conjunction with Defoe spraying Wenger with champagne  :lol:

Other members of the Arsenal delegation, including the managing director Keith Edelman, had left the stadium early possibly anticipating traffic problems around the ground. Indeed, while Arsenal were represented in the directors' box until the final whistle, some directors left their seats around the 70-minute mark with Spurs well en route to a first victory over their bitter rivals in 21 attempts.

TBH, the vast majority of the journos are either Arsenal or Chelsea so the likelihood of getting a true representation in the press of what happened is very unlikely.  I doubt whether there were 200/250 Arsenal fans still left in WHL to see Adebayor score the consolation, let alone see the final whistle.

Thats really poor support. I know it cant have been easy seeing your boys getting a whacking at your nearest and dearest but bloody hell. You wouldnt want them along side you in the trenches would you ?

Guest elbee909

Thats really poor support. I know it cant have been easy seeing your boys getting a whacking at your nearest and dearest but bloody hell. You wouldnt want them along side you in the trenches would you ?

No, but then I wouldn't want to be alongside me in the trenches either. :)

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Why are we applauding a fan for watching his team play football? Fair enough, he stayed well after the rest of their 'fans' and sang, more than the most of their fans but imo, it should be the bare minimum to watch your team for the whole match and make some noise. Bare minimum, not something to be applauded. 

And did I hear rigt here? Did skysports hunt this person down next day to do an interview with him? How sad it is that football has got to the stage when we are congratulating supporters for supporting their team.  :idiot2:

Why are we applauding a fan for watching his team play football? Fair enough, he stayed well after the rest of their 'fans' and sang, more than the most of their fans but imo, it should be the bare minimum to watch your team for the whole match and make some noise. Bare minimum, not something to be applauded. 

And did I hear rigt here? Did skysports hunt this person down next day to do an interview with him? How sad it is that football has got to the stage when we are congratulating supporters for supporting their team.  :idiot2:

That's SSN for you.

That's SSN for you.

Well we are getting slagged of left, right and centre for being happy and for smiling so anything is possible.

Having spent 2 f****** hours getting back across London last time I went to the Emirates (toon carling cup game) I'm not surprised a lot of people left early when they had work in the morning and probably wouldn't have got home much before midnight if they had stayed until the end. (NB I am a moron and i refuse to leave games early but I certainly have sympathy for those in this situation that do, and get grief for it)

It's a completely different scenario hanging around on a week night in a stadium that's notoriously s*** to navigate home from than say a 3pm Saturday game. The guy in question looked like he had never even had a job, so fair play but he probably didn't have to worry about getting home / getting up for work the next day, just set up shop in a box outside the ground.

Sorry mate. I disagree.

If Arsenal were his local team, and he isn't some glory hunter from afar, then this was a game at as close a league ground as he could get.

Some Toon fans stumble off a coach at stupid o'clock, after travelling back from London games and go straight to work.

While he had a bad night on Tuesday, i bet he's enjoyed better results than NUFC fans have on their travels.

My heart bleeds for him.