Aaall together like the folks of Shields as me Mam used to say

Rob W

Sitting high up on the halfway line at Villa I was struck by the distribution of players at a goal kick (either side)

ALL the outfield players where in a little box covering about a quarter of the width of the pitch and about an eigth of its length - looked like they were waiting under the high ball at a rugby kick-off - or like a bunch of 5 year olds all following the ball

What happens of course is a prolonged bout of head tennis and there is no-one wide  or deep to lay the ball to....

very very odd.............................................    :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Sitting high up on the halfway line at Villa I was struck by the distribution of players at a goal kick (either side)

ALL the outfield players where in a little box covering about a quarter of the width of the pitch and about an eigth of its length - looked like they were waiting under the high ball at a rugby kick-off - or like a bunch of 5 year olds all following the ball

What happens of course is a prolonged bout of head tennis and there is no-one wide  or deep to lay the ball to....

very very odd.............................................    :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

A really old expression from the days when the river was not dredged and navigable as today. At low tide it was possible (allegedly) to plodge from one side to the other.

That apart it is very noticeable how clustered all 20 outfield players are at goal kicks nowadays.