We need to spend £ 150 million..............

Rob W

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am there is a rotten fucking cancer within the team, a collection of deadbeats earning Hollywood salaries and pissing and moaning to each other which is driving morale through the floor, resulting in the dire performances week in week out. Until Keegan can sort that out once and for all, we can spend as much money as we like...it'll all be for nothing.

For me, a "trophy" signing is someone signed by a club acting small but pretending to act big, ie trying to kid the fans they have ambition when they don't. Examples being NUFC when we bougth Keegan as a player, and Peter Withe [although how the f*** bill McGarry managed to persuade him to move here I'll never know]

But doesn't extend as far as a club hovering above relegation spending £150M?

Every player we have signed over the last few years seems to fail completely.

That's what I was saying earlier.

Any quality signing is dragged into the torpor rather than pulling the squad out of it.  Instill a bit of belief, then make expensive additions to a club on the up.

It's like they say about getting your hair cut, you should always go when it looks it's best.

Any quality signing is dragged into the torpor rather than pulling the squad out of it.  Instill a bit of belief, then make expensive additions to a club on the up.

It's like they say about getting your hair cut, you should always go when it looks it's best.

Eh?  :lol:

Is it just about instilling belief? I can't imagine Keegan has been doing anything other than trying frantically to instil belief. What you have to ask yourself is why he's making absolutely no difference to the standard of play now.

"There's something rotten in the state of Denmark..."

If you go for a haircut when it looks shit, your barber thinks you like your hair to look shit, and gives you a shit haircut.

:pow:

If you go for a haircut when it looks s***, your barber thinks you like your hair to look s***, and gives you a s*** haircut.

Surely you go to the barbers to get your hair to stop looking shit?

If you go for a haircut when it looks shit, your barber thinks you like your hair to look shit, and gives you a shit haircut.

Got you.

Mine is Algerian and doesnt speak English.

Is it just about instilling belief? I can't imagine Keegan has been doing anything other than trying frantically to instil belief. What you have to ask yourself is why he's making absolutely no difference to the standard of play now.

I reckon he is making a difference.

We'd have invited Man U onto us from the first minute if Allardyce was still around,  the fact that we've looked like we're even in the game against both Arsenal and Man U (at least for the first half) is a positive sign.

Guest Knightrider

In football results are all that matter. KK can say whatever he likes to whoever he likes but it won't do much good until results start coming in to restore concious belief, i.e. in reality. I also reckon a great deal of players at our club have zero faith in one another and when there is no trust or no confidence in those around you, well, you're fucked and that's exactly what has happened to us. It runs deeper of course and other factors have played their part but those are the crux of the problems in my opinion, that and the genuine lack of ability in the ranks.

If you go for a haircut when it looks s***, your barber thinks you like your hair to look s***, and gives you a s*** haircut.

Surely you go to the barbers to get your hair to stop looking shit?

Nope.

You need to be more pro-active than that.

Surely you go to the barbers to get your hair to stop looking s***?

Nope.

Well what if you go to your barbers while its looking good to have it cut, and the barber does a shit job and the end result is that it now looks shit, despite not being shit before you had it cut?

In football results are all that matter. KK can say whatever he likes to whoever he likes but it won't do much good until results start coming in to restore concious belief, i.e. in reality. I also reckon a great deal of players at our club have zero faith in one another and when there is no trust or no confidence in those around you, well, you're fucked and that's exactly what has happened to us. It runs deeper of course and other factors have played their part but those are the crux of the problems in my opinion, that and the genuine lack of ability in the ranks.

Get rid of some of the "stars" and get back to basics. To sort the morale issue out, we may very well need to do the unthinkable and get rid of certain players who are seen as the mark of an "ambitious" club. We may need to say goodbye to Given, Owen and others before we can have a hope in hell of righting this ship.

Nope.

Well what if you go to your barbers while its looking good to have it cut, and the barber does a shit job and the end result is that it now looks shit, despite not being shit before you had it cut?

There's always that danger.

At least you reduce it if you turn up with your hair looking like you want it too.

Next week:  Belt and shoes, why they should never clash.

Nope.

Serves you right for having a 'trophy' haircut.

Just because you spend £50 on a haircut doesnt mean you are going to pull!

Nope.

Well what if you go to your barbers while its looking good to have it cut, and the barber does a s*** job and the end result is that it now looks s***, despite not being s*** before you had it cut?

Same concept applies to the club.

Nope.

Well what if you go to your barbers while its looking good to have it cut, and the barber does a s*** job and the end result is that it now looks s***, despite not being s*** before you had it cut?

Hey my hair was in a right state after my last barber got at it.  I'm planning to "spend big" when getting a hair cut next, probably around £150 in the summer.  Surely my hair will lead to quality birds jumping in to bed with me...

Guest Knightrider

Get rid of some of the "stars" and get back to basics. To sort the morale issue out, we may very well need to do the unthinkable and get rid of certain players who are seen as the mark of an "ambitious" club. We may need to say goodbye to Given, Owen and others before we can have a hope in hell of righting this ship.

I agree. I love Given but the club's mediocrity has finally sunk it's teeth into him and he's now performing to that level instead of above it like he always used to. A great shame because he's been a great player for us and a great pro. Owen is finished as a top-class player and impairs us a great deal in an attacking sense, he's just not good enough simply and I'd get rid tomorrow.

Thankfully I think KK will do what is necessary and won't be afraid to get rid of anyone. I think in the summer there will be a lot of coming and going and some big shocks in store for people. Fans and players alike.

Nope.

Hey my hair was in a right state after my last barber got at it.  I'm planning to "spend big" when getting a hair cut next, probably around £150 in the summer.  Surely my hair will lead to quality birds jumping in to bed with me...

Give it a go, everything else has failed. ;)

In football results are all that matter. KK can say whatever he likes to whoever he likes but it won't do much good until results start coming in to restore concious belief, i.e. in reality. I also reckon a great deal of players at our club have zero faith in one another and when there is no trust or no confidence in those around you, well, you're f***** and that's exactly what has happened to us. It runs deeper of course and other factors have played their part but those are the crux of the problems in my opinion, that and the genuine lack of ability in the ranks.

I agree. I love Given but the club's mediocrity has finally sunk it's teeth into him and he's now performing to that level instead of above it like he always used to. A great shame because he's been a great player for us and a great pro. Owen is finished as a top-class player and impairs us a great deal in an attacking sense, he's just not good enough simply and I'd get rid tomorrow.

Thankfully I think KK will do what is necessary and won't be afraid to get rid of anyone. I think in the summer there will be a lot of coming and going and some big shocks in store for people. Fans and players alike.

Do you believe its right to get rid of Owen and Given in the summer? or should we be building a team around these guys and writing off how shite everyone has been this season?

Do you believe its right to get rid of Owen and Given in the summer? or should we be building a team around these guys and writing off how shite everyone has been this season?

I can't believe anyone would be mad enough to build a team around a player like Michael Owen, who looks a. distinctly like he doesn't give a shit and b. past it.

I can't believe anyone would be mad enough to build a team around a player like Michael Owen, who looks a. distinctly like he doesn't give a shit and b. past it.

I worry that his name/reputation will convince Keegan to give it another go rather than move on.