Your review of the Squad

LoveItIfWeBeatU

1 Given - Never the same since his injury. Sell while he's still worth something. He's only slightly younger than Harper.

2 Carr - Out of contract. Release.

3 Jose Enrique - Why doesn't he play?

5 Emre - Always injured. Sell.

6 Cacapa - Too lightweight?

7 Barton - Going to prison? Not played well once for NUFC.

9 Martins - Still our top scorer despite going to the ANC.

10 Owen - Very expensive. Doesn't create his own goals which doesn't help in a team that barely creates chances.

11 Duff - No cutting edge. Past it. Sell.

13 Harper - Should have played more games than Given this season.

14 N'Zogbia - Probably our most creative player, wasted at left back. Wants to leave.

16 Milner - Works hard but doesn't score many goals. Erratic crossing quality.

17 Smith - The striker who never shoots never mind scores. Awful. Sell.

20 Geremi - Good in pre-season. Mediocre in the real season.

21 Beye - Ok but not brilliant.

22 Butt - Mediocre. Lots of miss-paced passes.

23 Ameobi - Allardyce and Keegan won't play him. Sell or if the worst happens, one of our strikers for the Championship?

25 Faye - Our best defender? Faint praise.

26 Ramage - Out of contract. Release unless we go down.

27 Taylor - Makes the kind of mistakes that Bramble got rightly slaughtered for.

36 Viduka - Always injured. Sell.

39 Carroll - Another one of our strikers for the Championship? Scores goals in the reserves so should be ahead of Smith.

Before anyone rants that it is unrealistic to sell all the players I suggest, I know it is, it's just what I think should happen to them.

1 Given - Been wanting rid of him for a couple of seasons already. Bye!

2 Carr - P45. Bye!

5 Emre - Lightweight, volatile, unnecessary. Bye!

7 Barton - Should never have bought him, a good player in there somewhere but doubt we'l ever see him. Bye!

11 Duff - P45. Bye!

17 Smith - Many managers see something in him, many fans wonder what the fuck it is. Bye!

22 Butt - Sell for glue at the knackers yard. Bye!

23 Ameobi - Championship hero. Bye!

26 Ramage - Amazing how many players who would never make it are still at our club. Bye!

36 Viduka - Should never have bought him. Get more glue. Bye!

3 Jose Enrique - Has to be worth more effort on our part to fit him in. Could be a revelation in a confident winning side.

6 Cacapa - Handy player for some fixtures, esp Europe. Oh wait, he'll be 40 before we see European fixtures again. :(

9 Martins - Squad player in a vibrant successful team.

10 Owen - Different team different player, up to us to become that different team.

13 Harper - Give him the chance of an extended run, but a new broom should sweep clean.

14 N'Zogbia - Keep, if he'll stay

16 Milner - Squad player, hard worker.

20 Geremi - Decent on his day, squad.

21 Beye - Better than any RB we've seen in a good while.

25 Faye - Good player.

27 Taylor - Taylor still needs a year or two, mad to sell. Playing consistently for a good side and he'd look damn good.

39 Carroll - First choice for the rest of the season then sell if he hasn't got us into Europe on his own.

How many players has this club spent good money on only to render them next to worthless within a season or more?

1 Given - No cutting the mustard anymore, an offer over £6m and i'd sell

2 Carr - Goodbye you fuking wanker

3 Jose Enrique - Another Spanish flop. We'd get our money back easily in Spain, however i hope we stick with him and he sticks with us.

5 Emre - Never palys more than 3 games in a row, costs a fortune, time to say goodbye, anything over £3.5m would be good.

6 Cacapa - Liability. Too small, weak, erratic.

7 Barton - Horrible twat, lets hope we took out insurance against the enevitable.

9 Martins - Got something in him, a good player is in there, it just needs unleashing.

10 Owen - Crock, expensive, heart and mind elsewhere, i just wish his body was as well.

11 Duff - Not as fast as he was but still has looked ok under KK. I'd give him a shot but if we could get our money back then we should.

13 Harper - Not good enough really. Backup at best.

14 N'Zogbia - Our bright spark. Unhappy, lets hope we can rectify that, i'd make him wait a season, this time next year if were doing well he'll want to stay. We should force him too for at least another season.

16 Milner - Hard worker, useful player but i don't think he's a winger. I'd much prefer to see him through the centre as he's a good passer of the ball and a better striker than most of those who get paid to do solely that.

17 Smith - Crap, just plain crap. £6m down the drain, i'd rescue whatever we can in the summer, mad thing is, i reckon we'd get the lot back!

20 Geremi - SBR was told off Jose his legs had gone. Correct. Gold star. Got him for free, i'd let him go for free.

21 Beye - Solid, composed and a cut above

22 Butt - Terrible passer and the rest of his game has faded rapdily over this season, release.

23 Ameobi - Not going to mkae it now, time is up, sell him to the highest bidder. Anything over £2m is a good deal and i think people will pay it.

25 Faye - Solid but never seems to get a good run of games. Picks up niggling injuries far too often, cannot be relied on, but a keeper for sure.

26 Ramage - At one time he could do a job for us, but time has passed him by and a career can only be had away from this club.

27 Taylor - Under constant pressure in an awful team, like Martins though has a talent and is a player KK needs to get going again if KK wants to turn the club around.

36 Viduka - Never fit, on daft wages, sell him.

39 Carroll - Better than Smith, needs to be given a chance at this level.

Irrespective of the abilities of the players, I wouldn't sell any of them until the squad has been built up to total 27 or 28 players.  I never honestly realised that Newcastle were operating with a squad of just 22 players.  That is ridiculous!  The NUFC Official site lists 25 players for the first team and reserve squads, Spurs have a first team squad of 27 players not including those out on loan plus a further 16 in the reserve squad (or development squad as Spurs call it because it consists of players who have now outlived their Academy days).

This isn't a 'my squad is bigger than your squad' post.  Blackburn, who are always recognised as having a small squad, have got 31 listed in the first team squad (excluding loanees and plus 4 more in the reserve squad).  It is impossible be competitive with just 22 players.  I would simply say that I wouldn't sell anyone till the numbers are up to the right level, then start the process of upgrading and disposing of the deadwood.

1 Given - Our best goalkeeper, should never be risked again when injured.

2 Carr - Out of contract. Release.

3 Jose Enrique - Why doesn't he play? Our only left-back

5 Emre - Very talented midfielder whose creative side must be encouraged.

6 Cacapa - Too old and frail to adapt to the Premiership, might as well go home to Brazil.

7 Barton - Needs to get all the legal proceedings behind him.

9 Martins - Our best striker and goal scorer, must get him fit.

10 Owen - A finisher, needs to get his pace back.

11 Duff - Terrible player, this injury ended his career in my opinion.

13 Harper - He's been good this season, still second choice.

14 N'Zogbia - Must play in left-midfield, if played at left-back he will go.

16 Milner - Still promising and probably out most effective winger.

17 Smith - Ashley obviously likes him a lot and so much, spent £6 million on him

20 Geremi - Should play at right/left back.

21 Beye - Doing well, I think he will adapt to the league.

22 Butt - 5th most effective tackler in the league, should start as sub to protect leads considering our awful second half performances.

23 Ameobi - Sell or if the worst happens, one of our strikers for the Championship?

25 Faye - Easily our best defensive player, has looked comfortable in defence and midfield.

26 Ramage - Out of contract. Release unless we go down.

27 Taylor - Still a promising centre-back, although he looks less promising every week at the moment.

36 Viduka - Past it, but still can prove his worth alongside Owen and Martins, in a 4-3-3.

39 Carroll - Another one of our strikers for the Championship? Scores goals in the reserves so should be ahead of Smith.

1 Given – Has lost us points this year, way off his normal form.  Consider replacing.

2 Carr – Needs to do one.  Not fast enough and can’t pass.

3 Jose Enrique – One for the future, needs more games.

5 Emre – Can’t control a game in the league, needs to move on.

6 Cacapa – Good player, good experience and great cover.  Had some dodgy moments, but its his first season in England.

7 Barton – Has never looked like a top player.  Sell or free transfer.  Useless c***.

9 Martins – Still has a big future here.  Keep.

10 Owen – Gamble to keep, gamble to let go.  Expensive way to get goals and he will score more of them in a better team.

11 Duff – Keep, still has a lot to offer.

13 Harper – Keep and try him out as first choice keeper.

14 N'Zogbia – Worried about him wanting to leave, hopefully with signings in summer he can establish himself as first team left winger and we get better form out of him.

16 Milner – Blows hot and cold, but has been playing in a s*** team.  Lack of pace worries me, still very young.  Keep.

17 Smith – Massive let down.  Sell.  He is an awful football player.

20 Geremi – Hasn’t dominated many games, but his control and passing is far better than most players in the team.  Keep.

21 Beye – Really like Beye! Good player.  Keep.

22 Butt – Still one of the leagues best tacklers, but he can’t pass or shoot, and sadly still tries despite being s****.  Keep as backup, but not first team player.

23 Ameobi – Sell! He’s been s**** for years.

25 Faye – Tall, solid and strong.  Done well.  Keep.

26 Ramage – Not good enough, sell.

27 Taylor – Has made mistakes, still young mind.  Needs to be playing alongside an experienced centre back to learn off.  Too often he’s our main defender, despite still learning his game.

36 Viduka - Always injured. Sell.

39 Carroll – Not seen enough of him, but he was poor in Championship, so jury will be out to get him next season.  Keep for now.

Guest East Stander

Irrespective of the abilities of the players, I wouldn't sell any of them until the squad has been built up to total 27 or 28 players.  I never honestly realised that Newcastle were operating with a squad of just 22 players.  That is ridiculous!  The NUFC Official site lists 25 players for the first team and reserve squads, Spurs have a first team squad of 27 players not including those out on loan plus a further 16 in the reserve squad (or development squad as Spurs call it because it consists of players who have now outlived their Academy days).

This isn't a 'my squad is bigger than your squad' post.  Blackburn, who are always recognised as having a small squad, have got 31 listed in the first team squad (excluding loanees and plus 4 more in the reserve squad).  It is impossible be competitive with just 22 players.  I would simply say that I wouldn't sell anyone till the numbers are up to the right level, then start the process of upgrading and disposing of the deadwood.

Excellent points made MJ. Our main problem getting rid (apart from most of them are that crap and no-one else wants them) is the wages paid here. So annoying to read in last accounts published last week that total salary cost for the club increased again for the year but by an incredible 19.72%!!

That's fair comment.  I'd only expect us to sell once we have got the new players in we need.  Too dangerous to do it other way around.

1 Given - No cutting the mustard anymore, an offer over £6m and i'd sell

2 Carr - Goodbye you fuking w******

3 Jose Enrique - Another Spanish flop. We'd get our money back easily in Spain, however i hope we stick with him and he sticks with us.

5 Emre - Never palys more than 3 games in a row, costs a fortune, time to say goodbye, anything over £3.5m would be good.

6 Cacapa - Liability. Too small, weak, erratic.

7 Barton - Horrible t***, lets hope we took out insurance against the enevitable.

9 Martins - Got something in him, a good player is in there, it just needs unleashing.

10 Owen - Crock, expensive, heart and mind elsewhere, i just wish his body was as well.

11 Duff - Not as fast as he was but still has looked ok under KK. I'd give him a shot but if we could get our money back then we should.

13 Harper - Not good enough really. Backup at best.

14 N'Zogbia - Our bright spark. Unhappy, lets hope we can rectify that, i'd make him wait a season, this time next year if were doing well he'll want to stay. We should force him too for at least another season.

16 Milner - Hard worker, useful player but i don't think he's a winger. I'd much prefer to see him through the centre as he's a good passer of the ball and a better striker than most of those who get paid to do solely that.

17 Smith - Crap, just plain crap. £6m down the drain, i'd rescue whatever we can in the summer, mad thing is, i reckon we'd get the lot back!

20 Geremi - SBR was told off Jose his legs had gone. Correct. Gold star. Got him for free, i'd let him go for free.

21 Beye - Solid, composed and a cut above

22 Butt - Terrible passer and the rest of his game has faded rapdily over this season, release.

23 Ameobi - Not going to mkae it now, time is up, sell him to the highest bidder. Anything over £2m is a good deal and i think people will pay it.

25 Faye - Solid but never seems to get a good run of games. Picks up niggling injuries far too often, cannot be relied on, but a keeper for sure.

26 Ramage - At one time he could do a job for us, but time has passed him by and a career can only be had away from this club.

27 Taylor - Under constant pressure in an awful team, like Martins though has a talent and is a player KK needs to get going again if KK wants to turn the club around.

36 Viduka - Never fit, on daft wages, sell him.

39 Carroll - Better than Smith, needs to be given a chance at this level.

I'm with you, apart from i don't care about n zogbia, hes massivly overated.

Also get rid of taylor, worse than bramble

Given doesnt need replacing, he just needs to be not played when injured. He hasnt been 100% all season. Let him have his surgery and then spend the proper amount of time recovering.