We have a part to play...

Guest toonlass

Guest Geordiecunny

I've been to every home game and I can honestly say theres has only been the Arsenal match where the majority of fans have played their part....and surprise surprise it was our best performance of the season at home.

Guest The Libertine

I've been to every home game and I can honestly say theres has only been the Arsenal match where the majority of fans have played their part....and surprise surprise it was our best performance of the season at home.

but what about the away matches where the fans are signing and cheering almost non stop, just to be humiliated by the players performances?

but what about the away matches where the fans are signing and cheering almost non stop, just to be humiliated by the players performances?

Because there is only about on average 3000 of them perhaps?

Fuck me.

Guest float one in

it would feel easier to suport them when they are performing badly and/or losing if they weren't being paid so much money to do it.

Guest The Libertine

Fuck me.

fans playing their part, players not playing theirs. simple, really.

and no.

it would feel easier to suport them when they are performing badly and/or losing if they weren't being paid so much money to do it.

You'd rather the chairmen and owners pocketed all the money than the players?

Aye, that makes sense.

Guest Geordiecunny

That's fair enough and it pisses me off too. I just suppose that 50,000 singing is better than 3-5,000. Plus anything that might tip the odds in our favour can only be a good thing, taking our bat and ball home because they've let us down before will get us nowhere.

Whenever we do sing at home matches theres always at least 2 different songs going and sounds bollocks, like john hall sings 'toon toon' and gallowgate sings 'we are the geordies'

at least sing the same song ffs  :razz:

Fuck me.

and no.

So you're saying that the theory that fans can play their part irrespective of what is happening (initially) on the pitch holds no water because away fans scream and shout but those performances are usually shite?

As i said, fuck me.

Guest The Libertine

Fuck me.

and no.

So you're saying that the theory that fans can play their part irrespective of what is happening (initially) on the pitch holds no water because away fans scream and shout but those performances are usually shite?

As i said, fuck me.

yeah, thats exactly what i said  :rolleyes:

go to an away match and then sit in level 7 and see the difference in noise levels/support.

Guest Southern Geordie

I dont sing much at home games, dont know why, but i tend to sit there and clap a few passes and shout the odd chant like 'black and white army'.

So i won't be 'behind the lads 100%' in vocal terms, im sure i will never boo even if we do get beat.

I only shout and sing and go wild at away games, dont know why so dont ask

Probably cos of the alcohol! Generally speaking though I imagine it's harder to sing, chant etc when you're sat around other people sitting in silence as you run the risk of looking like a muppet.. whereas most people at away games chant and are stood up, so you feel less conscious about shouting and singing.

Fuck me.

and no.

As i said, fuck me.

go to an away match and then sit in level 7 and see the difference in noise levels/support.

I sit in the gallowgate and go to away matches. Whats that got to do with you highlighting away fans in the post above?

I just think thats its obvious that away fans backing the side is not going to have anywhere near the same impact as home fans backing the side.

If you didnt want to make that point, what were you trying to say? Its irrelevant to the point at hand, which is that the time for being pissy about a mis-placed pass was when we had an expectation of some measure of success, not when we are facing humiliation and disaster.

Guest float one in

You'd rather the chairmen and owners pocketed all the money than the players?

Aye, that makes sense.

no i'd just rather there wasn't as much money in football, thats all

Guest The Libertine

Fuck me.

and no.

As i said, fuck me.

I sit in the gallowgate and go to away matches. Whats that got to do with you highlighting away fans in the post above?

I just think thats its obvious that away fans backing the side is not going to have anywhere near the same impact as home fans backing the side.

If you didnt want to make that point, what were you trying to say? Its irrelevant to the point at hand, which is that the time for being pissy about a mis-placed pass was when we had an expectation of some measure of success, not when we are facing humiliation and disaster.

the away fans bit was clearly an example of us supporting the players and the players rarely looking bothered. im saying it would be nice to get something back from them ie. effort, commitment, desire or something resembling value for money, for the support. if they arent motivated then how can we be motivated?

f*** me.

Won't be at Spurs.  I was surprised to see that you've returned loads of tickets as unsold.  It's usual for Blackburn/Wigan/Bolton to send hundreds back, wasn't expecting it with Newcastle, even if you are doing poorly right now.

Won't be at Spurs.  I was surprised to see that you've returned loads of tickets as unsold.  It's usual for Blackburn/Wigan/Bolton to send hundreds back, wasn't expecting it with Newcastle, even if you are doing poorly right now.

Bullshit, we've sold out our full allocation and could have sold many, many more, I suggest you look for another reason excuse if you don't sell out.

Guest Southern Geordie

Bullshit, we've sold out our full allocation and could have sold many, many more, I suggest you look for another reason excuse if you don't sell out.

I'd heard we took the smaller allocation?

http://tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/ticket_office_today.html

NEWCASTLE HOME, MARCH 30

Due to a number of tickets being returned by Newcastle United, there are now tickets available to Spurs supporters in the South Lower and Upper for the match at White Hart Lane on Sunday March 30.

I'm told you've sent back around 500.  There's no doubt they will all go.  As I said, I'm surprised.

http://tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/ticket_office_today.html

NEWCASTLE HOME, MARCH 30

Due to a number of tickets being returned by Newcastle United, there are now tickets available to Spurs supporters in the South Lower and Upper for the match at White Hart Lane on Sunday March 30.

I'm told you've sent back around 500.  There's no doubt they will all go.  As I said, I'm surprised.

If that's the case then I've been lied to because a couple of lads at work said they applied for tickets and didn't get them.

From .com

Tickets:

(SJP Box Office is shut on Sun 23.03 & Mon 24.03)

Fulham (h) Members sale now, public sale now.

Spurs (a) SOLD OUT.

Reading (h) Members sale now, public sale 25.03.

Pompey (a) ST Holders by TODAY Fri 21.03.08, £34.

mackems (h) Members sale now (date change).

West Ham (a) ST Holders by Fri 04.04.08, £34.

Not from .com, two out of three from work who said they applied said they got knocked back.