Ledley King

steve_69

I think he's quality but I'm not sure he'd be ahead of Terry or Ferdinand even if he wasn't always injured.

I never rated him mind when he played defensive midfielder, especially for Engerland.

I think he's quality but I'm not sure he'd be ahead of Terry or Ferdinand even if he wasn't always injured.

I never rated him mind when he played defensive midfielder, especially for Engerland.

Nah, he was raved about there but for me he was good when the opposition had the ball but a complete waste of time when he/England was in possession.

Nah, he was raved about there but for me he was good when the opposition had the ball but a complete waste of time when he/England was in possession.

Yup. He kept on giving up possession which is no good being in that position.

He's finished, he can play one game every 3 weeks at best

Same knee s**** as Paul McGrath

The same McGrath who played on till his late 30's?  :razz:

Who is also the same McGrath who had 8 knee operations

Guest optimistic nit

dont really see how anyone can say with any confidence that a defender who struggles to make 10 games a season is  better all round than one of the best cb's in the world at this minute.

dont really see how anyone can say with any confidence that a defender who struggles to make 10 games a season is  better all round than one of the best cb's in the world at this minute.

I suppose it might depend on whether you think Terry IS one of the best defenders in the world. At Chelsea alone i rate Carvalho higher, and i'm not sure about Alex yet.

Terry is a world class player but like most world class players they have their critics. Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard have all come under scrutiny about how good they are in recent years. People always come out and say "he's not that good". Especially England captains.  A few years ago i was banging on about how Ferdinand wasn't as good as people thought, i was wrong.

Terry is a class defender and is better than Ledley King despite the fact that King is a crock an i think Kings class. I agree with the sentiment above however that Carvalho is somewhat of a unsung hero for them, very good player. The truth is all of them are good centre halves, were just nit picking TBH. 

As for signing King, i find that higley unlikely as he is their golden boy.

He was raved about against average opposition but looked completely out of his depth against Riquelme.

Guest optimistic nit

it'll be very risky for spurs to start next season with woodgate and king as their two first choice centrebacks. what you need above all else at the heart of the defence is consistancy and i cant think of 2 more injury prone centrebacks in the game, and kabul and dawson, their back up, are two of the most inconsistant and error prone defenders that play regulary for teams in the top 15.