Parma v Inter

Keefaz

I find the fact he's always liked Inter far more worrying ;) I f***ing hate them.

Ronaldo man  :smitten: They had some quality players back in the day, always underachieved. I love the underdog.

Always liked Inter but i cant take these recent achievements seriously - they've still done very little in Europe and to be honest i couldnt see them beng so dominant if the other teams hadnt been relgated, they;ve just had 3 of the easiest years in Serie A history.

Wtf? So when Man Utd were winning the league in England but dropping out of the CL at the quarter-final stages, winning the Premiership wasn't an achievement that you could 'take seriously'?

Ridiculous.

What??  :cheesy:  Lets clarify what im saying - Inter have done very little of substance in Europe unlike Man U for a start. If Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea were relagted and say Spurs were docked points and Liverpool were a) awarded 1 title then coasted to another with the others at their disadvatage then scraped the 3rd title would you take there achievements seriously?

I would be a bit wary.

Not so ridiculous.

When Man Utd won the league, they did fuck all in Europe. Inter won the league this season fair and square. So unless you're going to argue that the Italian league as a whole has declined in quality then it's pretty much ridiculous to suggest that you shouldn't take their achievements seriously.

Always liked Inter but i cant take these recent achievements seriously - they've still done very little in Europe and to be honest i couldnt see them beng so dominant if the other teams hadnt been relgated, they;ve just had 3 of the easiest years in Serie A history.

Wtf? So when Man Utd were winning the league in England but dropping out of the CL at the quarter-final stages, winning the Premiership wasn't an achievement that you could 'take seriously'?

Ridiculous.

What??  :cheesy:  Lets clarify what im saying - Inter have done very little of substance in Europe unlike Man U for a start. If Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea were relagted and say Spurs were docked points and Liverpool were a) awarded 1 title then coasted to another with the others at their disadvatage then scraped the 3rd title would you take there achievements seriously?

I would be a bit wary.

Not so ridiculous.

When Man Utd won the league, they did f*** all in Europe. Inter won the league this season fair and square. So unless you're going to argue that the Italian league as a whole has declined in quality then it's pretty much ridiculous to suggest that you shouldn't take their achievements seriously.

What are you talking about? How is Man U's situation even close to being comparable to Inter Milan? Are you on the wind up?

Like i say, a more comparable situation would be Liverpool going through the exact same process as Inter, if the same thing was to happen in england would you take Liverpools "achievments" seriously?

The only difference would be (as Alex has pointed out) that Liverpool have actually been good in Europe, now supposiing Liverpool hadnt been good in Europe, wouldnt that undermine there acheivements even more.

Feel free to disagree, im sure you will...

Wtf? Did you even read what I said?

So when Man Utd were winning the league in England but dropping out of the CL at the quarter-final stages, winning the Premiership wasn't an achievement that you could 'take seriously'?

It's comparable when they were doing that. It ain't obviously comparable now, but you'd have known that if you actually read what I wrote. I bolded the most important part of my argument so you can actually pay attention to it now.

Edit: Or the numerous seasons where Arsenal won the league but were shit in Europe. Are their achievements taken 'seriously' by you?

Wtf? Did you even read what I said?

So when Man Utd were winning the league in England but dropping out of the CL at the quarter-final stages, winning the Premiership wasn't an achievement that you could 'take seriously'?

It's comparable when they were doing that. It ain't obviously comparable now, but you'd have known that if you actually read what I wrote. I bolded the most important part of my argument so you can actually pay attention to it now.

Edit: Or the numerous seasons where Arsenal won the league but were s*** in Europe. Are their achievements taken 'seriously' by you?

You're making it sound like i'm saying i cant take their achievements seriously because they did so poorly in Europe, which is rubbish and something ive reiterated numerous times. Im saying the fact that there main rivals were severly disadvantaged as being a key factor to why i cant take there achievement too seriously and that fact that they are doing so poor in Europe as something else which takes away the gloss, if they had done something in Europe which would back up there claim as being the best team in Italy and show that they were winning the League on merit alone then maybe id acknowledge it more...but as it stands i see a team that has scraped the 3rd title with its main rivals being nowhere near the stregnth they were before all the contreversy. Something in my opinion isnt something to shout home about.

You keep mentioneing Man U and there records in Europe but i keep telling you that man u are nowhere near being comparable to Inter, compare it to a team like Liverpool then you'll finally see what i mean.

Quote from: fredbob on Today at 01:56:32 PM

Here's my main point in the very first post bolded for you incase you missed it the first time round.  :rolleyes:

Other 'teams'? The only rival who were relegated were Juventus. Roma, Milan and Lazio were still in Serie A. And Milan had their points deducted last season, not this.

The only rival who were at a disadvantage were Juve. And Milan won the CL last season, so if Inter beating them in the league is meaningless then you're nuts.

Other 'teams'? The only rival who were relegated were Juventus. Roma, Milan and Lazio were still in Serie A. And Milan had their points deducted last season, not this.

The only rival who were at a disadvantage were Juve. And Milan won the CL last season, so if Inter beating them in the league is meaningless then you're nuts.

So we've changed tack now? Good one. Someones clutching...

Milan havent even qualified for the CL - hardly the dynasty they were before. Juventus were a pretty big rival to be relagated - in fact i think it was there main rival at the time....as i say ill choose to take there 'achievements' with a pinch of salt. It's upto you if you dont.

Ibrahimovic is imo one of the worlds best strikers, if not the worlds best when it comes to bringing others into play and holding the ball up, he creates alot for his team even if he's not a regular 25-30 goals a season. He's got unbelievable strength and technique and skills. And this from a player who is HUGE..

Imo he's one of the worlds best around in his position and role. Not the worlds best goalscorer. But there's quite alot more than that..

Guest alex

I find the fact he's always liked Inter far more worrying ;) I f***ing hate them.

Ronaldo man  :smitten: They had some quality players back in the day, always underachieved. I love the underdog.

When Ronaldo played for them it was the only time I had any time for them.

Guest kingdawson

Ibrahimovic is imo one of the worlds best strikers, if not the worlds best when it comes to bringing others into play and holding the ball up, he creates alot for his team even if he's not a regular 25-30 goals a season. He's got unbelievable strength and technique and skills. And this from a player who is HUGE..

Imo he's one of the worlds best around in his position and role. Not the worlds best goalscorer. But there's quite alot more than that..

Ibrahimovic is too inconsistant to be considered "one of the worlds best strikers".

Ibrahimovic is too inconsistant to be considered "one of the worlds best strikers".

Maybe he's not as consistant as Dawson ;) But he's still one of the top ten strikers in the world imo.

When Ronaldo played for them it was the only time I had any time for them.

What is it about them you hate?

aalright, mathis, my friend.. congrats on bringing 4000 fans for the Final.. and well done for the couple of songs they tried during the game..

Milano città di merda

Lega Lombarda al muro

bastardo nerazzurro

bastardo nerazzurro