Who I'd Get

Guest nufcfan76

Was a fan of Shorey after his first season in the Premiership, where he was almost a playmaker from the left back spot at times, but this season hes been pretty mediocre overall.

Still, worth a shot if he's cheap, and although this cliche has no backing in it whatsoever, he might be far more of a Keegan fullback than Enrique.

Honestly lads, I am amazed at all these names people can rattle off when I havent heard of 99% of them. Then again I left Championship Manager behind about 5 years ago so maybe thats where you get them from. .

Guest nufcfan76

Honestly lads, I am amazed at all these names people can rattle off when I havent heard of 99% of them. Then again I left Championship Manager behind about 5 years ago so maybe thats where you get them from. .

Ignorance and Stupidity. One can be cured, the other can not. Simple insults and accusations like those above simply add to your and others' ignorance of football outside the English game. It also points to the relative negativity others display in insiting we can not sign them based on most not knowing who they are in the first place; let alone their value and or usefulness which we would immediately employ. Incredible. Maybe it is a thread for Spuds... But before we punt it over to that forum, I would ask that you check the stats and bios of these youngsters and get back to me why you wouldn't want them in a black and white shirt. I'd love to read that. Really.

And, yes, as I wrote, most are French. And who cares? Their stats, age and quality are in no question; proven players throughout Europe with talent who would also slot right in. What's is in question is do we have the cash available? And as I said, I hope we do. Even if we get two off that list. If all these guys (Wise, Keegan, Llambas, etc.) have been brought in to get these sorts of players, then where are they? Otherwise, why posture and be quoted about doing just that? Are we going to continue to sign the Diattas of the world and expect to compete like Ashley said he wanted to do? It's time to put pen to paper and get them in and signed before others, like Spuds for example, do. Simple.

Ignorance and Stupidity. One can be cured, the other can not. Simple insults and accusations like those above simply add to your and others' ignorance of football outside the English game. It also points to the relative negativity others display in insiting we can not sign them based on most not knowing who they are in the first place; let alone their value and or usefulness which we would immediately employ. Incredible. Maybe it is a thread for Spuds... But before we punt it over to that forum, I would ask that you check the stats and bios of these youngsters and get back to me why you wouldn't want them in a black and white shirt. I'd love to read that. Really.

And, yes, as I wrote, most are French. And who cares? Their stats, age and quality are in no question; proven players throughout Europe with talent who would also slot right in. What's is in question is do we have the cash available? And as I said, I hope we do. Even if we get two off that list. If all these guys (Wise, Keegan, Llambas, etc.) have been brought in to get these sorts of players, then where are they? Otherwise, why posture and be quoted about doing just that? Are we going to continue to sign the Diattas of the world and expect to compete like Ashley said he wanted to do? It's time to put pen to paper and get them in and signed before others, like Spuds for example, do. Simple.

:lol:

Does he mean the stats and bios on a football game?  :lol:

Does he mean the stats and bios on a football game?  :lol:

People absolutely batter FM and i dont know why, apart from the randomer who's "amazing on FM" i dont see the big deal in using FM as a semi decent reference for a players ability - i've only played it a couple of times but they seem to be pretty accurate regarding alot of players. Obviosuly not an amazing resource but useful all the while.

People absolutely batter FM and i dont know why, apart from the randomer who's "amazing on FM" i dont see the big deal in using FM as a semi decent reference for a players ability - i've only played it a couple of times but they seem to be pretty accurate regarding alot of players. Obviosuly not an amazing resource but useful all the while.

Your card is marked.

Your card is marked.

Haha, it was a big risk to take, i can assure you i dont play it but i see no harm in others using it as a reference. The only thing i dislkie about it is when people pluck out complete randomers and insist we sign them.

I think it should be stated that I have nothing against FM or the people who play it, because it is excellent for what it does.  I think he took my referrence to it as an insult when it was anything but.

I think it should be stated that I have nothing against FM or the people who play it, as it is excellent for what it is.  I think he took my comment on it as an insult when it was anything but.

Aye he did seem to get wound up pretty quickly!

I think it should be stated that I have nothing against FM or the people who play it, because it is excellent for what it does.  I think he took my referrence to it as an insult when it was anything but.

He needs to clear up that 'stats and bios' phrase first.

Surely the stats of a player on a game only initially reflect a rough assessment of the player. Its not like they give everyone medicals for themselves to assess fitness and overall health. Since medical information is highly regulated the game-makers may have gone through the effort of getting it but i doubt it. Then the game starts and the stats are subject to monte carlo statistical programming, generating predicted stats from models.

Why is this a good way to judge a player?

Your card is marked.

Haha, it was a big risk to take, i can assure you i dont play it but i see no harm in others using it as a reference. The only thing i dislkie about it is when people pluck out complete randomers and insist we sign them.

I think that Fredbob is right to a certain extent. For example on here someone (who had seen him play regularly) described Moutinho and it was reflected in his profile in the game. Even something as simple as checking whether a players is right or left footed is useful.

FM employ tens of thousands or researchers across the world and they cant all be wrong

Your card is marked.

I think that Fredbob is right to a certain extent. For example on here someone (who had seen him play regularly) described Moutinho and it was reflected in his profile in the game. Even something as simple as checking whether a players is right or left footed is useful.

FM employ tens of thousands or researchers across the world and they cant all be wrong

I dunno, like. That Toon researcher--Greg something or other--seems like a right shitehawk.

Guest Stephen927

To be honest, if I was a club based in London, I would buy;

Joey Barton - £6m

Claudio Cacapa - £2m

David Rozehnal - £3m

Shola Ameobi - £4m

;)

as much as i'm going to get shot down in flames, i'd still like to see us sign djibril cisse. i still think he's a good player and could do well for us. :crazy2:

I agree..........

You are going to get shot down in flames. Silly idea

Joey Barton - £6m

Claudio Cacapa - £2

David Rozehnal - £3m

Shola Ameobi - £4m

;)

Bit harsh on old Claudio like, he isn't that bad.

Guest nufcfan76

Again, what's laughable is the dumbing down of the thread topic due to pure ignorance or laziness. What's stupid is the flood of herd mentality when it comes to buying into why we can't do things, when others in less need, of less ilk, desire or less financal prowess clearly can. And when it comes to signings, if we are to settle for another season of mediocrity, then it becomes a situation of: we must.

And if by "FM" you mean the Football Manager game, then no. I've never played it nor would I be so retarded as to recommend a player on what a video game publisher thinks. But I still suggest either changing the channel to another league's games, type in a Google search or go to each player/club website to view thier accomplishments, usefulness, quality, etc.. Again, I'd love to see why we wouldn't want or can't have any on the list if our club's directors are serious about competeing for the top four, not a 10th-14th spot.

Oh, and Claudio is as tough as nails. But just the press on ones though.

Guest Stephen927

Joey Barton - £6m

Claudio Cacapa - £2

David Rozehnal - £3m

Shola Ameobi - £4m

;)

Bit harsh on old Claudio like, he isn't that bad.

Forgot the m. My bad.