Today's Paper Talk.... (It's May btw)

Guest johnson293

If KK is pulling in a different direction, he will have seen something we haven't and will be doing so for the good of the club.

Your other point, is Ashley going to sit in the dugout? Wise? Heaven forbid. So KK really is the only man at the club capable and as he is the man they've appointed, they have to trust him and back him, if KK is pulling in the wrong direction, they need to bow down to his experience, superior knowledge and get in whatever lane he's in.

I'd assume that if Keegan were to leave, someone else will be brought in. A reasonable assumption I think.

I don't doubt that his heart is in the right place, but the man isn't infallible. He may think he's trying to steer the club in what he thinks is the right direction, but who's to say that he's right? Loving the club doesn't make him automatically the all-knowing oracle of NUFC.

The rest of your post is just living in a fantasy land tbh.

He's more capable than the others, after all he is the manager here. Who is to say Ashley et al are right? Again it all boils down to trust. I trust KK, and they should too otherwise they've made a grave error in appointing him. If it doesn't work, you can't really complain if you've done everything to make it work, the manager is to blame then. And as the manager, KK demands everyone pulling in his direction, not the other way around. That's why you appoint managers, to lead the club.

If that's me living in fantasy land, then I'm sorry but what do you want me to say?

I think expecting everyone to bend to Keegan's whims, especially when they've gone to the trouble of appointing all these new guys for various roles, is the living in fantasy land part. Ideally it's what I would want too, one man in charge of it all.

But it doesn't appear to be the setup we're going for, so we're going to have to get used to it and find the guys that'll make it work.

If, and again I stress the if, there are problems with Keegan within the new setup then I think there's certainly something to be said for finding someone who can work within the structure we're going for.

I'd rather the club backed down from the new set-up and go with whatever the manager has in mind, if it does come to that, rather than try and find someone else willing to work under the new setup.

I don't think it will though, I think the two will find a happy medium and co-exist. It serves both their interests to do so, most of all the club's.

I'm inclined to believe you're right, both sides have too much to lose from a split at this point. So I expect some sort of compromise to be reached, if there even is a problem in the first place of course.

Can only hope all these rumours are bullshit though, as if Keegan is pulling in a different direction to the rest of them then it doesn't bode well for the future.

The transfer window is what a few weeks old?

Not even that, doesn't officially open until July 1st.

So it isn't even open yet and people are speculating that KK is dragging his heels and therefore potentially f***ing up our chance to sign all these promising youngsters we seem to be linked with but haven't signed yet in the few days since the season ended... You couldn't make it up :lol:

Commonplace for deals to be agreed well before that, but they only become official on July 1st.

Suspect you were well aware of this though already, no?

I'm aware clubs can sign players before then, but not many do. How many players have our rivals signed while KK has been dragging his heels, players have turned us down, and our money has suddenly disappeared?

Most of our rivals only need one or two players, we need a new squad, half a new 1st team.

That's IF you think the 2nd tier teams are our rivals anymore.

And you expect us to sign a new squad in a matter of weeks?

I beg to dffer btw.

Ideally we could do with a whole new team save one or two but a handful of top quality right players could transform our team ala Bellamy and Robert a few years back.

No i'm not expecting, i said we need, so really we need to get the ball rolling ASAP, we need to be looking competitive in the market.

The fact we haven't sorted Taylor's, Owen's or Martins' contract out yet is comical, so no surprise were dithering about not getting players in.

It's not even frustrating, it's to be expected. Anyone pinning their hopes on us signing a whole host of players in a matter of weeks after the season ends, need their heads examined. Fair enough if every club was bringing in new players willy nilly, but f*** me the football season is still ongoing in other nations and the transfer window is still officially shut. People must be seriously bored. Get out and enjoy the sunshine and worry not about transfers, it's f***ing April FFS :D

You were going so well too.

:lol:

Guest Knightrider

So it isn't even open yet and people are speculating that KK is dragging his heels and therefore potentially fucking up our chance to sign all these promising youngsters we seem to be linked with but haven't signed yet in the few days since the season ended... You couldn't make it up :lol:

Not like you to stick your head in the sand when something comes up you don't agree with.

What are you talking about? So because we haven't signed anyone in the few days since the season ended, there is somehow a problem and me dismissing this or rather not playing ball, is sticking my head in the sand? Give over man, I know your game btw :lol:

Guest Knightrider

If KK is pulling in a different direction, he will have seen something we haven't and will be doing so for the good of the club.

Your other point, is Ashley going to sit in the dugout? Wise? Heaven forbid. So KK really is the only man at the club capable and as he is the man they've appointed, they have to trust him and back him, if KK is pulling in the wrong direction, they need to bow down to his experience, superior knowledge and get in whatever lane he's in.

I'd assume that if Keegan were to leave, someone else will be brought in. A reasonable assumption I think.

I don't doubt that his heart is in the right place, but the man isn't infallible. He may think he's trying to steer the club in what he thinks is the right direction, but who's to say that he's right? Loving the club doesn't make him automatically the all-knowing oracle of NUFC.

The rest of your post is just living in a fantasy land tbh.

He's more capable than the others, after all he is the manager here. Who is to say Ashley et al are right? Again it all boils down to trust. I trust KK, and they should too otherwise they've made a grave error in appointing him. If it doesn't work, you can't really complain if you've done everything to make it work, the manager is to blame then. And as the manager, KK demands everyone pulling in his direction, not the other way around. That's why you appoint managers, to lead the club.

If that's me living in fantasy land, then I'm sorry but what do you want me to say?

I think expecting everyone to bend to Keegan's whims, especially when they've gone to the trouble of appointing all these new guys for various roles, is the living in fantasy land part. Ideally it's what I would want too, one man in charge of it all.

But it doesn't appear to be the setup we're going for, so we're going to have to get used to it and find the guys that'll make it work.

If, and again I stress the if, there are problems with Keegan within the new setup then I think there's certainly something to be said for finding someone who can work within the structure we're going for.

I'd rather the club backed down from the new set-up and go with whatever the manager has in mind, if it does come to that, rather than try and find someone else willing to work under the new setup.

I don't think it will though, I think the two will find a happy medium and co-exist. It serves both their interests to do so, most of all the club's.

I'm inclined to believe you're right, both sides have too much to lose from a split at this point. So I expect some sort of compromise to be reached, if there even is a problem in the first place of course.

Can only hope all these rumours are bullshit though, as if Keegan is pulling in a different direction to the rest of them then it doesn't bode well for the future.

Agreed.  :thup:

So it isn't even open yet and people are speculating that KK is dragging his heels and therefore potentially f***ing up our chance to sign all these promising youngsters we seem to be linked with but haven't signed yet in the few days since the season ended... You couldn't make it up :lol:

Commonplace for deals to be agreed well before that, but they only become official on July 1st.

I'm aware clubs can sign players before then, but not many do. How many players have our rivals signed while KK has been dragging his heels, players have turned us down, and our money has suddenly disappeared?

Most of our rivals only need one or two players, we need a new squad, half a new 1st team.

of course it is frustrating that we haven´t buy someone yet. But I am sure they are working at it. they now the deal as much as we know it.

but if the were dragging their feet. well then you could definitely wounder what they are doing in this business. think we should wait until the august 31 before judging them.

I'm going to try and remain as patient as possible, but it is not one of my strongest points. But tbh, the disappointment of the last window has made me think any signing this summer is a bonus.

Whats your take on the Keegan outburst the other week?

That it was hardly an outburst.

Ok, then how would you like it dressed up?  Comments? Remark? Annotation?

Either way, how did you interpret that?

I could interpret them a hundred and one ways if I wanted, but for now I'm reading it as a challenge to the powers that be and KK getting the hump because his side had just lost to a side he craves to be competing with, not at the end of his contract, but ASAP. That and a dig at the game and something for fans to chew on.

Do you think it was just the defeat to Chelsea that prompted the challenge to the board?

Keegan's outburst was because he wanted to speak to Ashley face to face about the way the club is operating, he's not happy that he was reporting to Mort where as Wise and Vetere were in direct communication with Ashley.

Guest Knightrider

I beg to dffer btw.

Ideally we could do with a whole new team save one or two but a handful of top quality right players could transform our team ala Bellamy and Robert a few years back.

No i'm not expecting, i said we need, so really we need to get the ball rolling ASAP, we need to be looking competitive in the market.

The fact we haven't sorted Taylor's, Owen's or Martins' contract out yet is comical, so no surprise were dithering about not getting players in.

Most clubs leave their contract talks to the end of the season, I see no reason why we should be any different. Although I'd like them to get a move on of course and share some kind of concern over this withg you, not that I see it as a major issue...

Bidding for Modric suggests we are trying to set the ball rolling ASAP btw, so we shouldn't be critical just yet. It sounds daft I know, but we should wait until the end of the wonder before writing everything off, just a thought like...

So it isn't even open yet and people are speculating that KK is dragging his heels and therefore potentially fucking up our chance to sign all these promising youngsters we seem to be linked with but haven't signed yet in the few days since the season ended... You couldn't make it up :lol:

Not like you to stick your head in the sand when something comes up you don't agree with.

What are you talking about? So because we haven't signed anyone in the few days since the season ended, there is somehow a problem and me dismissing this or rather not playing ball, is sticking my head in the sand? Give over man, I know your game btw :lol:

It's nothing to do with us not having signed anyone, I'm telling you what I've been told but you seem happy to dismiss it because it doesn't fit in with your rosy picture of King Kev skipping around the halls of SJP with a fucking crown on his head.

Guest Knightrider

I could interpret them a hundred and one ways if I wanted, but for now I'm reading it as a challenge to the powers that be and KK getting the hump because his side had just lost to a side he craves to be competing with, not at the end of his contract, but ASAP. That and a dig at the game and something for fans to chew on.

Do you think it was just the defeat to Chelsea that prompted the challenge to the board?

Keegan's outburst was because he wanted to speak to Ashley face to face about the way the club is operating, he's not happy that he was reporting to Mort where as Wise and Vetere were in direct communication with Ashley.

You've read KK's comment about not speaking to Ashley, seen Wise and Co sat beside Ashley (therefore they must be communicating with him directly) and put 2 and 2 together.

I'm sure if KK wanted to speak to the owner, he could do so quite easily, without subliminal messaging via Sky :D

You've read KK's comment about not speaking to Ashley, seen Wise and Co sat beside Ashley (therefore they must be communicating with him directly) and put 2 and 2 together.

I'm sure if KK wanted to speak to the owner, he could do so quite easily, without subliminal messaging via Sky :D

Not at all but if you feel safer believing I've made it up then keep believing that.

I beg to dffer btw.

Most clubs leave their contract talks to the end of the season, I see no reason why we should be any different. Although I'd like them to get a move on of course and share some kind of concern over this withg you, not that I see it as a major issue...

Bidding for Modric suggests we are trying to set the ball rolling ASAP btw, so we shouldn't be critical just yet. It sounds daft I know, but we should wait until the end of the wonder before writing everything off, just a thought like...

I'm not writing anything off as there's a long time to go, but the new board hasn't filled me full of confidence so far in the transfer market or when its come to negotiating contracts. I can only judge them from what they've done so far in a very limited time, but it's not great. The only good thing they've done in this respect is release some utter shite and bring in some very unknown youngsters. Seems to be a lot of big talk and not so big action.

This is their 3rd window, time for major investment, so far its all been very below average and if Ashley wants this club to be successful its time to start pumping some big money into the team.

Guest Knightrider

It's nothing to do with us not having signed anyone, I'm telling you what I've been told but you seem happy to dismiss it because it doesn't fit in with your rosy picture of King Kev skipping around the halls of SJP with a fucking *clown on his head.

FYP

*Terry Mac

Anyway it's a halo actually.

Nobody is saying you have made it up (I don'th think anyway), but rather someone has made it up and you've been told it as gospel.

What makes you think someone has made it up?

Because you don't want it to be true or that it sounds unbelievable?

Guest Knightrider

Not at all but if you feel safer believing I've made it up then keep believing that.

Baggio, tbh, I don't take anything you say seriously these days as you're a 50 faced cunt and I say that in the nicest possible way. You change your stance every other week and I'm more than sure you're playing a game. You devil you.

If by any chance you have heard that and genuinely believe it or think there is some truth in it, I can tell you all about what I've heard that would go against what you're saying and I'm sure someone else can trump both of us and come out with something different altogether. My point, no-one knows, lets just all wait and see, eh?

Baggio, tbh, I don't take anything you say seriously these days as you're a 50 faced cunt and I say that in the nicest possible way. You change your stance every other week and I'm more than sure you're playing a game. You devil you.

If by any chance you have heard that and genuinely believe it or think there is some truth in it, I can tell you all about what I've heard that would go against what you're saying and I'm sure someone else can trump both of us and come out with something different altogether. My point, no-one knows, lets just all wait and see, eh?

Like I've said, believe what you want if it makes you feel happier.

I'm not interested in convincing anyone so we'll have to just wait and see, I just hope for the clubs sake they sort it out.

Guest Knightrider

I'm not interested in convincing anyone so we'll have to just wait and see, I just hope for the clubs sake they sort it out.

So KK not being happy that Wise and Co get to talk to Ashley directly, while he gets to talk to the big man via Mort, does that come before KK not being happy with the club trying to sign young players, or after?

Is there anything KK is happy with?

So KK not being happy that Wise and Co get to talk to Ashley directly, while he gets to talk to the big man via Mort, does that come before KK not being happy with the club trying to sign young players, or after?

Is there anything KK is happy with?

I'm not going to waste any more time talking to you.

SWP would be a mint signing for us tbh

Another big 4 reject who's been more interested in picking up a fat pay cheque rather then playing every week.

On the plus side it would hopefully mean the end of Milner so it's not all bad.