ferguson- the frost interview

lovejoy

thoroughly enjoyed that.

he's a great man.

He's not a great man. He's a great football manager but as a person, a arsehole of the highest order. Proof if there ever was that nice guys finish last.

He's an utter twat of a man, however good a manager he is.

How ANYONE that isn't a Man Utd fan could watch that self-aggrandising, smug, publicity stunt of an interview is beyond me. I'd feel physically sick.

He's an utter twat of a man, however good a manager he is.

How ANYONE that isn't a Man Utd fan could watch that self-aggrandising, smug, publicity stunt of an interview is beyond me. I'd feel physically sick.

Frost is a Newcastle fan as well isnt he.

Should have challenged him on his hypocrisy

Just watched the interview and I thoroughly enjoyed it. He steps beyond all the usual cliches that football managers come out with, and was actually quite honest and interesting in his responses.

A couple of times, he said how hard it was to handle success. I can remember him saying in another interview that most of the time in life, we're dealing with failure, but success is an unusual and different challenge. What is striking about Ferguson is his ability to refresh both his team and himself for each new season, no matter how much they've achieved before. It's like the past counts for nothing, and the only thing that matters is the challenge immediately ahead. Any player that loses hunger (eg Beckham) is out.

That's what's really set him apart from other managers, although of course there's a very shrewd and perceptive brain operating underneath that florid expression.

Guest mobiius

ferguson is a hypocritical cock of the elite order. yes there is no denying the fact he is very good at what he does and i suppose if he lost the hypocrisy he wouldn't be the same person. Its in his make up right from the over exaggerated looking at his watch at extra time to sending players shirts with their name on them.He knows how to play the game to its fullest extent be it crossing the line or not. All this Ronaldo lark makes me think of a phrase  that is quite apt in the circumstances "you live by the sword, you die by the sword". When you manipulate the media and use your status as a big club to get what you want by what ever means then don't bleat like a ewe getting humped when the same gets done to you. ;D