Aaron Lennon or Shaun Wright Philips ?

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reports today that Athletico are lookign at SWP  bluebigeek.gif

What ya think would he go abroad or want to stay in England??

I bet he can't wait to get back to Madrid after what happened last time he played there.

I can imagine him at Villa if this Lerner bloke has got deep pockets.

no chance of us getting Lennon, but we may have a shot at getting SWP.

the thing that really gets me mad about Lennon is that he cost Spurs a paltry 1m. it shows what a good scouting system and a manager with vision can obtain on a small budget. between the 2, at the moment i'd say both are equally good as they have their own strengths (SWP's shooting and Lennon's ability to totally skin a fullback and ball control).  as long as SWP stays at chelsea though, it has to be Lennon who is looking the more impressive of the two.

the thing that really gets me mad about Lennon is that he cost Spurs a paltry 1m. it shows what a good scouting system and a manager with vision can obtain on a small budget. between the 2, at the moment i'd say both are equally good as they have their own strengths (SWP's shooting and Lennon's ability to totally skin a fullback and ball control).  as long as SWP stays at chelsea though, it has to be Lennon who is looking the more impressive of the two.

Nothing to do with Jol, everything to do with Arnesen, the DoF at the time.

maybe so, but it's still good scouting.

Arnesen bought his fair share of duds but even the ones Spurs let go didn't lose money for them, and the profit on Carrick alone covered the fees for Huddlestone (looking more impressive by the match), Lennon, Ekotto, Dawson, Murphy, and Zokora. Throw in the compensation from Abramovich for Arnesen's departure, and that covers Chimbonda (looking a bargain at 5m) as well. that is 2/3rds of their starting side right there and that has got to be fantastic business. 

mind you i don't think Arnesen can be credited for finding the likes of Carrick, Huddlestone, and Lennon. these are guys whose talents are pretty well publicized that i'm sure any half decent scout has seen them play. the fact that they cost 1 to 3.5m apiece, are young and Endlish, makes them low risk buys and if there are still a few of them plying their trade in the lower divisions, i sure hope we'll net them.

Guest woffy_27

SWP is just a diving cheating little b*****d - especially what he did last season getting robbie elliot sent off.  Much prefer aaron lennon, totally skinned steven carr at SJP (which isnt too hard is it)

maybe so, but it's still good scouting.

Arnesen bought his fair share of duds but even the ones Spurs let go didn't lose money for them, and the profit on Carrick alone covered the fees for Huddlestone (looking more impressive by the match), Lennon, Ekotto, Dawson, Murphy, and Zokora. Throw in the compensation from Abramovich for Arnesen's departure, and that covers Chimbonda (looking a bargain at 5m) as well. that is 2/3rds of their starting side right there and that has got to be fantastic business. 

mind you i don't think Arnesen can be credited for finding the likes of Carrick, Huddlestone, and Lennon. these are guys whose talents are pretty well publicized that i'm sure any half decent scout has seen them play. the fact that they cost 1 to 3.5m apiece, are young and Endlish, makes them low risk buys and if there are still a few of them plying their trade in the lower divisions, i sure hope we'll net them.

Agreed, but all the other English clubs knew about them too, it was Arnesen who took the plunge and spent the money to sign them.  But they cost only £4.2m for all 3 (although there's an add-on for Hudd which could take it up to £5.5m) so it could hardly be called a risk.  Selling Carrick meant that we still had 2 top quality youngsters as well as £10+m sitting in  the bank as well. 

You were the one who told us that Arnesen wanted Routledge but Jol took Arnesen to Leeds training ground to see how well Lennon is and persuaded him to acquire Lennon.

So everything to do with Jol, nothing to do with Arnesen!

SWP.

Yes he had a poor season last year but I think alot of that is due to his lack of opportunities with Chelsea, much like Parker was.

Lennon may go on this season to continue his good form of last year but I still feel he has been over hyped at this moment in time by a run of about 12 games towards the end of last season.

SWP is just a diving cheating little b*****d - especially what he did last season getting robbie elliot sent off.  Much prefer aaron lennon, totally skinned steven carr at SJP (which isnt too hard is it)

Would be a decent signing then, as he'd maybe be able to help Taylor perfect his diving antics... tongue.gif