I know, I know, its a kneejerk reaction, but...

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest Daishi

can't say it bob, not allowed, everythings fine...next seasons gonna be mint

On the other hand, we should have already bought Arshavin, Modric wanted to sign but we didn't stump up the money, we f***ed up with Aimar and forced him to go to Benfica etc etc.

It's not perfect so far I know, but it's not a disaster.

Didn't Mort say in one of the programmes that he was dissapointed Woodgate and Modric had gone to Spurs despite us offering both higher wages?

I seem to recall that both clubs had apparently met the valuations of both players with their respective clubs, and Modric's proposal was rumoured to be a better deal than the one Spurs offered due to the installments.

can't say it bob, not allowed, everythings fine...next seasons gonna be mint

On the other hand, we should have already bought Arshavin, Modric wanted to sign but we didn't stump up the money, we f***ed up with Aimar and forced him to go to Benfica etc etc.

It's not perfect so far I know, but it's not a disaster.

Didn't Mort say in one of the programmes that he was dissapointed Woodgate and Modric had gone to Spurs despite us offering both higher wages?

I seem to recall that both clubs had apparently met the valuations of both players with their respective clubs, and Modric's proposal was rumoured to be a better deal than the one Spurs offered due to the installments.

Yep, I was being sarcastic I'm afraid.

What I was hinting at was that we haven't really done anything wrong yet, these players have just had better options available, and we haven't been able to persuade them to choose Plan B (us).

we didn't make a bid ffs, we we're used to get him better wages at benfica, he even said now that he always wanted to join benfica end of

Or perhaps Benfica offered better wages, so he decided to go there. Then he announces that he always wanted to go to Benfica in order to endear himself to his new employers / fans.

So it's not "End of" at all really, is it?

better wages my arse, the max wage in portugal is 30-40k and that is for the queresma's etc, he decided to go there to play in europe and because he old manager is there

we still haven't been named as the club, and the club hasn't came out to say they we're interested until that happens we didn't try and sign him

if we try fine, but it was always gonna be an up hill struggle unless we offered stupid amounts

Why would we come out and say it was us? What do we possibly have to gain from that?  We've been named by every news source going, in this country and abroad. There's no guarantees, but it's fairly likely it was us.

You realise they were all rehashes of Nixon's bullshit article?

A search of the Spanish and Portuguese media yesterday for 'Aimar' and 'Newcastle' was bringing up very little. The same media sources in Spain which claimed Benfica had upped their bid to match "our £7m" are now universally claiming that Benfica paid the original fee of £6m - so either they were lying today or they were lying yesterday.

The rags know jack shit man. How many times does it have to be made blatantly obvious?

Splashing the cash alone has never got us anywhere in the past and it never will.

And for those of us with longer memories, not splashing the cash got us to worse places in the past.