KK: Milner going nowhere

jimmymag

Guest Clapton

That Guardian article has been airbrushed within the last hour.  It now just says, "  his opinion of Milner can only have improved as a result.  Villa are believed to have made an offer of 8m for the midfielder, who spent a season on loan at Villa Park..."  The bit about the offer being accepted has gone.

I truly don't understand all the Milner haters on here. He's one of our hardest workers and he's a good player. It seems like it's fashionable for some around here to rip on our players, but it makes no sense to want to sell one of our better young players to a team that finished above us last year.

Sell him while his pricetag is high and over the odds imo, while there is demand from Villa.............. and hijack SWP's mooted move to Man City.

sell duff & smith for next to nothing and keep milner, i keep saying it...we don't need to sell him we need shot of the other two & milners better than them both put together in either a MD or FW role

If the bids are under £6m(!) then I think I'd rather keep him tbh.

He's not great by any stretch, but I do think he's now vastly underrated by this forum generally, and I fancy Keegan to get quite a bit more out of him over the season.

Well if we can get defence sorted, then all of our attacking options should have more freedom going forward. Milner just needs to score more, and improve his crossing, cant ever knock his work rate, and his pace and keeping the ball etc

His 'lack of' in this department is one of his major weak points, especially for his position. And he doesn't have the necessary attributes needed to counterbalance that, which i'll touch upon below.

Solano was an exception to the rule because his ability to bring the ball under control - ie. from a ball delivered with pace from the right back position - before firing in a pin-point cross with two touches was top drawer. The same could be said with regards to his general link-up play in the final 1/3 ie. those 1-2 passing sequences with Bellamy in & around the box.

For somebody who isn't blessed in the pace department i have seen no 'Solano' in Milner, and that's how i've judged his contribution with us in the Premiership at the RW position. To this day i haven't seen the sort of touch & guile coupled with the awareness of the what is going around him - ie. recognising and utilising his forwards' movement. Off the ball Solano was smart as they came, always a dangerous far-post goal poacher when the build-up play in the final 1/3 was being instigated down the left channel & left-centre corridor.

These qualities are what made Solano a mainstay in the position, despite him not being the sort of cliched dribbling winger whom we commonly associate with as being an impact player attacking-wise on the wing, or somebody who gave his opposite number nightmares when going forward with the ball at his feet.