Keegan. Yesterday's man ?

Benwell Lad

Guest Howaythetoon

Team affairs doesn't necessarily mean I buy and sell the players, pick your team and shag your wife Ray, you just sit in the dugout old chap, does it? Anyway, I don't know where you're going with this really, what is your point and what relevance is it to this actual topic?

SACKED Fulham boss Ray Wilkins was dismissed by his managerial successor Kevin Keegan and not the London club's owner Mohamed Al Fayed, it has emerged.

Keegan says differences of opinion between him and his former England team-mate meant a parting of the ways became inevitable.

He said: "It was clear that we did not agree on all team affairs. After that conversation, it was obvious that one of us had to go."

That wasn't Keegan getting in the way of Wilkins managing was it?

And given that it was Keegan that sacked him and not Al Fayed, is it totally unbelievable to think Llambias sacked Keegan and Ashley wasn't aware of it?

Nut wins.

Guest f***thepress

First of all let me say it, I love Kevin Keegan, a genuine man and a people's person. I loved watching him play in black and white, I loved what he brought to us as a manager. When he returned in January like many I was misty eyed and tried to believe the "Messiah's return" was the best thing for us, but deep down inside me there were serious doubts about whether he would truly be up to the job of modern day football management.

It seems that towards the end of his latest tenure as manager at Newcastle he fought a losing battle in trying to resist the modern football trend of a management team running the business and recruitment side of the club and a coach looking after the team, training and matches.

Sadly whether we like it or not English football will gradually adopt the system they already have in Spain,Italy, Germany and France etc and in a few years there will be no managers as such, only head coaches like Scolari at Chelsea. 

I'm sorry it ended like it did for Keegan and that he was unable to iron out the differences, after all he was building a good team and he himself was pleased with a lot of the recruitment to date and I really wish that even when he regarded his position as untenable that he couldn't have said "OK I'm being paid millions this isn't working but I'll stay with the players until a successor is found" thereby avoiding the present shambolic state of affairs.

Sorry you went King Kev, but life WILL go on. We will continue supporting Newcastle, although right now it feels hard to do so, I guess the only reason we're so upset is because we truly love the club.

I hope whoever succeeds KK will be given a fair chance by us, the fans, and that he will be able to adapt to the way football seems to be evolving.

[/quotE

Apologist for Ashley ...arselicker

just read this comment on dailymail article

Kevin didn't want the hassle of management and shouldn't be playing the martyr. He's had a hopeless second spell at the club and is too quick to throw his toys out of the pram. He was obviously looking for an excuse to pocket the cash and go. Good luck Ashley and Wise.

- Mark, Toon, UK, 05/9/2008 13:33

f***ing muppet

Pocketing the casjh? Hardly when you're now faced with a 2million pound lawsuit, if I'm right. He couldn've just played the yes-man and continued "pocketing" his salary, but Keegan being Keegan won't have any of this crap.

Has standing by your principles becoming such a bad thing in this so-called new football regmine? Really bizarre the way some people think....