Fans buying the club?

Rob W

Guest optimistic nit

i'd have Ashley over Shepheard any day of the week. its like when people were saying roeder was worse then souness, and then allardyce worse than both of them. people just forget how bad it was.

If all the Fanzines and Fan Websites sat down together to create a Fans Consortium to raise funds for a Fans' Trust to takeover Newcastle United, I would gladly support such a scheme financially and with active involvement.

Such a scheme would get the support and backing of the City Council, local businesses and fans alike I feel if done properly.

It could be achieved.

NUFC fans are all mouth though.

I just can't see the positives of there being so many voices.

It would only lead to conflict and more unrest. "I put money in, I demand a say".

Some people just wouldn't agree with the majority decision of the 'trust'.

Guest Howaythetoon

If all the Fanzines and Fan Websites sat down together to create a Fans Consortium to raise funds for a Fans' Trust to takeover Newcastle United, I would gladly support such a scheme financially and with active involvement.

Such a scheme would get the support and backing of the City Council, local businesses and fans alike I feel if done properly.

It could be achieved.

NUFC fans are all mouth though.

I just can't see the positives of there being so many voices.

It would only lead to conflict and more unrest. "I put money in, I demand a say".

Some people just wouldn't agree with the majority decision of the 'trust'.

As opposed to I put money in, I err BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

If done right there wouldn't be any problems. Fans pay into a trust with the funds generated buying the club. We then elect people to run the club on behalf of fans whose jobs it would be to find a manager and back him. There would be no need or even a desire I imagine for every single decision to go to a fans poll or something. Fans just want to see some good football, ambition, progress and to support a club they can believe in and be proud of, especially Newcastle fans who see things like trophies as aye right. That is on the pitch, off the pitch what worries me is the future of the club, especially in this day and age. If the club was owned by the fans the future will always be secure and more importantly safe, i.e. no swapping hands a few times which the club has been through several times since the 90s, and that can't be any good. No joining some insane 39 game scheme from the Premier League, no exploitation of fans and so on. I firmly believe and have had this view for many years that NUFC's future lies in the hands of fans and literally. What we are seeing in the game now is not healthy. Man City fans are now expendable as are Chelsea fans, they are just oil paintings on the wall, there to as a backdrop to the plaything of the mega rich who pull all the strings.

I don't want our club to keep changing hands, to buy success ala Chelsea, to continue exploiting fans, to be part of this Premier League super plan to dominate the world markets. I would honestly rather see us in the lower divisions where things are at least real, than stand by and support the exploitation of fans, takeovers and mad cap schemes like the 39 game plan by the Premier League.

Owning the club which is OURS puts the club's future in our hands, the hands of the only people involved at the club and in football who would never ever do anything to harm it, people who have no agendas or self serving interests other than that of the football club.

The game needs fans and our club needs us.

important issue to be discussed, why do people like Role Model just act like arses?

Its not that important on the basis its never going to happen.

The ownership of the club is not important to you?

Guest optimistic nit

HTT, you're just ignoring the obvious fact that any club ran by our fans would need to genererate transfer revinue itself, because there would be no billionaire to put money into the club. as well as meaning we'll fall behind our rivals with billionaires because we wouldn't be able to compete with them for funds, we'd probably end up selling players like smith, whether the manager likes it or not, to get money and lower the wage bill, because at the present the club is losing money.

what is the plan once we hire back keegan? we all hold hands a run into the sunset towards a Premier League trophy? keegan wouldn't be happy with no money to spend, and i could see it going very badly very quickly.

if you don't like where football is going (i dont either) then the only solution would be to start up a new football league independant of the current one (rugby league, rugby union)0, instead of handicapping our club while the others go and spend their billions. invite FC United into the league, invite AFC wimbledon and other clubs, then we could support FC Newcastle in that league and billionaire run newcastle united in the other. not that that is pheasable in any way currently.

important issue to be discussed, why do people like Role Model just act like arses?

I appreciate that you value me high enough for that to be an important issue.

As for your question - you seem to be yet another person who believes Ashley is nothing but pure evil and wants this club to fail. Despite not knowing exactly what went down and who is to blame.

It appears that he has messed up significantly once (with the Keegan situation), and yet is now suddenly after just over a year in the job far worse than Shepherd. Did you like Ashley and what he is doing for the club before this whole Keegan debacle?

Is it just me or are your overly pro-Keegan emotions getting the better of you?

Don't think I said that, did I?

The fans buying the club isn't going to happen.

aye cos too busy, trying to trip each other up on message boards

Thanks. Precisely what you were trying to do O0

i think you will find you got that the wrong way round, it appears to be your thing...good luck with it,  your a bore.

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT, you're just ignoring the obvious fact that any club ran by our fans would need to genererate transfer revinue itself, because there would be no billionaire to put money into the club. as well as meaning we'll fall behind our rivals with billionaires because we wouldn't be able to compete with them for funds, we'd probably end up selling players like smith, whether the manager likes it or not, to get money and lower the wage bill, because at the present the club is losing money.

what is the plan once we hire back keegan? we all hold hands a run into the sunset towards a Premier League trophy? keegan wouldn't be happy with no money to spend, and i could see it going very badly very quickly.

if you don't like where football is going (i dont either) then the only solution would be to start up a new football league independant of the current one (rugby league, rugby union)0, instead of handicapping our club while the others go and spend their billions. invite FC United into the league, invite AFC wimbledon and other clubs, then we could support FC Newcastle in that league and billionaire run newcastle united in the other. not that that is pheasable in any way currently.

1 - we don't need a billionaire to put money in to buy players, ask Mike Ashley. Just because a tiny tiny percentage of clubs do, doesn't mean we have to and doesn't mean we still can't compete either. Not that this should be what buying the club should be about, it is about safeguarding the club from vultures be it an Ashley or the Premier League and their 39th game and indeed plastic fans replacing local fans.

2 - what are you talking about, hiring KK? This isn't about KK or any of that. See above, that's what its really about or should be.

3 - why should we? This is our football club. I will spin the coin, if you want a billionaire owner, superstars and silverware, why not f*** off and follow Chelsea or Man City? Again why the hell should you.

There is one solution that has never really been looked into by fans that as far as I can see is arguably the only safe option long-term that protects all of our interests which is Newcastle United and us the fans.

As for transfers and players. The future is in our own academy. Wenger isn't daft, he has an economics degree, he knows where Arsenal's success is going to come from short and long-term, from within, not from mega money or Sky. Football has boomed and is awash with money but as night follows day the reverse will happen, probably sooner rather than later.

Guest optimistic nit

i'm pretty sure kev almost got assasinated for saying the same thing as point 3 after the arsenal game.

if you like championship football HTT, then fair enough, but otherwise we do need someone putting money into the club. if you would like to keep owen by giving him a 120K a week contract, then aye, we do need someone putting money into the club.

and btw a lot of the fans DO need a billionaire owner putting money into the club. look at the stick ashley has gotten even after paying off all our debt, just because we haven't spend 30million this transfer window.

everything this "vulture" ashley has done wrong, you will be doing also. you wont be spending money from your own pocket (tight arse billionaire), you may be forced to sell players like smith behind the managers back to keep the club solvent (going behind keegans back) and i'm very skeptical that this club will be run any better by the fans than it would be by ashley.

i dont need a billionaire to spend billions of pounds on the club, but i would quite like to be able to compete in the premiership and i would quite like to be better than sunderland.

your motivations behind this seem to be nothing more than sticking two fingers up at the capitalism of the league while not caring that you're weakening newcastle united in the process.

Unless we had some very wealthy fans buying into the club then I wouldn't support the idea.

And guess what - Ashley has already invited such fans to invest anyway.

there are some wealthy people in the region , i think?

maybe, they didnt want to back ashley,...but a consortium , headed by KK, may get them involved.

i think you will find you got that the wrong way round, it appears to be your thing...good luck with it,  your a bore.

Right.......

1. We're in a thread called Fans buying the club,

2. I said its not worth discussing because it's not going to happen,

3. You suggested that means I think the ownership of the club is not important

Who's trying to trip who up there? :idiot2:

Unless we had some very wealthy fans buying into the club then I wouldn't support the idea.

And guess what - Ashley has already invited such fans to invest anyway.

there are some wealthy people in the region , i think?

maybe, they didnt want to back ashley,...but a consortium , headed by KK, may get them involved.

Why is it backing Ashley and not backing NUFC?

liam liam liam o, give it up man,

read your own signature, then ask yourself, Who goes around trying to trip people up with quotes.

your signature, tells me nothing about ne5, and everything about the type of bloke you are.

for whatever reason you persist in trying to argue with me, im not interested, go away.

liam liam liam o, give it up man,

read your own signature, then ask yourself, Who goes around trying to trip people up with quotes.

your signature, tells me nothing about ne5, and everything about the type of bloke you are.

for whatever reason you persist in trying to argue with me, im not interested, go away.

I'm having a discussion, not an argument mate, only one of us is misquoting the other here & it isn't me O0