Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Its been great seeing the likes of Enrique, Colo and Jonas knuckling down and just getting on with Championship football with us, especially when the lads who left have hardly gone on to set the world on fire back in the premiership.

Jonas knuckling down? He looks like he can't be arsed most of the time.

he just seems to hold the ball up long enough for enrique to get past him most of the time.

Yup. I remember the first couple of months last year he did look like he had a nice turn of pace and could beat people. What happened to that? Totally lost any zip whatsoever.

Its been great seeing the likes of Enrique, Colo and Jonas knuckling down and just getting on with Championship football with us, especially when the lads who left have hardly gone on to set the world on fire back in the premiership.

he just seems to hold the ball up long enough for enrique to get past him most of the time.

Yup. I remember the first couple of months last year he did look like he had a nice turn of pace and could beat people. What happened to that? Totally lost any zip whatsoever.

He probably spends more time running than any other player on the pitch & you think he looks like he cant be arsed ?

He did well with that goal he scored if he cant run past players, let alone all the crosses he gets in after going beyond the fullback/winger.

He is one of our most effective players by a long long way. Criminally underated on here for everything he gives us.

He probably spends more time running than any other player on the pitch & you think he looks like he cant be arsed ?

He did well with that goal he scored if he cant run past players, let alone all the crosses he gets in after going beyond the fullback/winger.

He is one of our most effective players by a long long way. Criminally underated on here for everything he gives us.

spending time running means little if when you get the ball you wait for support even when there is a chance to create.

that goal he scored (thats the only goal hes scored) and i'd doubt he puts one of those crosses in per game. you make him sound like keith gillespie.

Suppose it depends on the what a person means by effective.

Im not talking necessarily talking goals (though hes probably our 4th most effective there)

More his ability as a player to get us on the ball & keep us in control of games. As a player we use more than any other by far as an outlet when attacking. A player that keeps us from defending by doing that more than any other. Id say that makes him our most effective player, he often has a bigger effect on the way we're playing than any other.

spending time running means little if when you get the ball you wait for support even when there is a chance to create.

that goal he scored (thats the only goal hes scored) and i'd doubt he puts one of those crosses in per game. you make him sound like keith gillespie.

Spending time running hardly makes him lazy either. He goes past players quite often, you cant always expect him to go past the two that are usually covering that side.

Last few games he has been getting one of those crosses in per game, more than one. He's been doing it since the Swansea game when he actually realised he could cross.

I can think of 8 players who are more effective.

Name them

Harper    - Maybe

Enrique   - Maybe

Coloccini - Equallyso

Taylor     - Equallyso

Smith      - No

Nolan      - No

Guthrie    - No, not on the wing. Changed my mind.

Shola      - No

I can think of 8 players who are more effective.

Name them

Harper

Enrique

Coloccini

Taylor

Smith

Nolan

Guthrie

Shola

what a crap argument....effective at what ? harper is more effective in goal than jonas and i'd rathershola at centre forward than jonas.

As i said. As a whole he has a bigger effect on our team than most of them. Hes more effective.

If we replaced Ameobi/Nolan we'd likely still get goals.

If we replaced Jonas we'd likely play long ball football even more than now & be under pressure for most of the game.