Comment made to me lately

NE5

Guest Toon1981

Does anyone else ever notice how much more important football becomes when your own life is getting you down?  I always find that the importance of Newcastle doing well has an inverse relationship with how on-top of work/uni/relationships I feel I am.  The most recent bout of madness at St James' really has made me wonder why I bother at all, although I find it hard to imagine ever "giving up".  End of the day, got too many emotions/ memories invested in the whole thing.  I honestly envy those who for whatever reason never got bitten by the football bug, if I could rid myself of the affliction I reckon I'd get a hell of a lot more done.  Or maybe I'd just watch even more shite TV.  Ho-hum.

The only way to save the game at the minute in my opinion is to start capping transfers and wages. For instance, each team can only spend £20m maximum every year. If they want to spend more, they have to sell to buy.

totally correct. a big part of the problem is players affiliation with a club. many are there purely for money and would leave tomorrow if a better contract offer came. newcastle have it more than others i think as we still have nufc fans and not football fans, who need no bond with players. that is why the only way this club will succeed is through the supporters and following our wishes. you look at a crowd at man u and about 5,000 are genuine supporters, for them it is an entertainment business as they spend big to win whereas nufc have the true fans and i would be happier if we won the league without spending £300m on players who dont give a shit about our club. that is why i like it that we keep our club quite british as well, keeping the british players

The only way to save the game at the minute in my opinion is to start capping transfers and wages. For instance, each team can only spend £20m maximum every year. If they want to spend more, they have to sell to buy.

totally correct. a big part of the problem is players affiliation with a club. many are there purely for money and would leave tomorrow if a better contract offer came. newcastle have it more than others i think as we still have nufc fans and not football fans, who need no bond with players. that is why the only way this club will succeed is through the supporters and following our wishes. you look at a crowd at man u and about 5,000 are genuine supporters, for them it is an entertainment business as they spend big to win whereas nufc have the true fans and i would be happier if we won the league without spending £300m on players who dont give a shit about our club. that is why i like it that we keep our club quite british as well, keeping the british players

You don't half talk some shit  :lol: