Ferguson & Wenger Back Keegan & Curbishley

Tooj

That I'm tired of hearing about johnny come latelys harping on about patience. Again and again and.....

Sorry, I could only support Newcastle since I was born, can't do any better than that I'm afraid.

I'll try to rephrase it differently. Why should one of the biggest clubs in the country EVER be "patient". Shouldn't we ALWAYS be expecting to challenge and show the ambition to challenge on that very basis ? Don't you think that we understand that this "planning" and "patience" is absolutely no guarantee of anything ? Do you understand that lots of other clubs are attempting to preach "patience" that might get in the way of our own hopes too ?

In football........things change quickly, often and unexpectedly all the time....today and the immediate future, is ALL that matters.

Get the supporters in, and if you are a big club, keep them in.

Being a big club doesn't guarantee you will have bigger and better funds available every season, forever and ever. If you spend like a top 5 club you need to finish top 5 to maintain that spend usually.

Likewise if you want the best youngsters so you can "DO A ARSENAL" you have to be in Arsenal position because the best kids are not going to join bottom half prem clubs.

That I'm tired of hearing about johnny come latelys harping on about patience. Again and again and.....

Sorry, I could only support Newcastle since I was born, can't do any better than that I'm afraid.

I'll try to rephrase it differently. Why should one of the biggest clubs in the country EVER be "patient". Shouldn't we ALWAYS be expecting to challenge and show the ambition to challenge on that very basis ? Don't you think that we understand that this "planning" and "patience" is absolutely no guarantee of anything ? Do you understand that lots of other clubs are attempting to preach "patience" that might get in the way of our own hopes too ?

In football........things change quickly, often and unexpectedly all the time....today and the immediate future, is ALL that matters.

Being a big club doesn't guarantee you will have bigger and better funds available every season, forever and ever. If you spend like a top 5 club you need to finish top 5 to maintain that spend usually.

Likewise if you want the best youngsters so you can "DO A ARSENAL" you have to be in Arsenal position because the best kids are not going to join bottom half prem clubs.

Its all in the blueprint though.

A first team place in a bottom half team is sometimes better than playing for Arsenal reserves. Maybe that's why Bentley left Arsenal for Blackburn?

It's not really the point anyway, I think everyone knows the Arsenal thing was more about getting players for a relatively low fee before their valuation rockets e.g, Anelka, Vieira and the like. Not easy, but everyone would like to do it.

Arsenal do it well with Wenger but it also doesn't hurt being based in London. He not find it as easy at Sunderland, Newcastle, Blackburn etc.

Guest Howaythetoon

You're potentially running the risk of cutting off your nose to spite your face by trying to emulate one model when really, there is no definitive right or wrong way to run a football club. By all means look at others for inspiration and to use as a guide but the only way Arsenal's model works is down to the people in charge and that's the same at Man Utd, Liverpool and other successful clubs and not systems or models and templates. All those clubs are always changing anyway.