No more protests please

Guest Howaythetoon

At Newcastle's training ground even employees schooled in restraint were blowing out their cheeks. It is understood some players guffawed when told by caretaker Chris Hughton while Shay Given tried to talk around the shock but still managed to say of Kinnear: "I don't really know that much about him. Am I pleased? No, we're still up for sale and we still don't have a permanent manager. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

"I don't really know what to say or where to start but in an ideal world you'd want the club to be sorted out and get a permanent manager.

"The owner has obviously come out and said that he wants to sell the club and the sooner the better. Would I like to see Kevin Keegan come back? I didn't want to see him leave. That answers that question."

Newcastle fans already in revolt at Ashley's decision-making will today leaflet St James' before the match against Blackburn and one of the organisers, Michael Martin, conveyed a common reaction.

"It's astonishing," Martin said. "It's a joke appointment from an owner who has completely lost the plot. There is a considerable distance between Joe Kinnear and Terry Venables. At least Venables had a shred of credibility from what he's done in his career and he has some standing in the game. But Joe Kinnear?"

Even Kinnear acknowledged that view: "The fans are going be disappointed, I understand that, but I can't do anything about it."

Looks like the fans reps are willing us to fail, and some senior players are abandoning ship as well. Raise the white flag lads, well done :thup:

I reckon protests should continue in the form of abandoning club mechandise, food/drink etc. Continue this unti the takeover is a done deal.

Definately concentrate on getting behind the lads during the game though.

It's not Kinnear's fucking fault. I know I'd make a shit manager, but if Ashley called me and offered me the job, I'd take it in a flash.

There's nothing more to protest about anymore. Ashley's trying to sell the club, the fans are getting what they want. Just support the fucking team.

At Newcastle's training ground even employees schooled in restraint were blowing out their cheeks. It is understood some players guffawed when told by caretaker Chris Hughton while Shay Given tried to talk around the shock but still managed to say of Kinnear: "I don't really know that much about him. Am I pleased? No, we're still up for sale and we still don't have a permanent manager. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

"I don't really know what to say or where to start but in an ideal world you'd want the club to be sorted out and get a permanent manager.

"The owner has obviously come out and said that he wants to sell the club and the sooner the better. Would I like to see Kevin Keegan come back? I didn't want to see him leave. That answers that question."

Newcastle fans already in revolt at Ashley's decision-making will today leaflet St James' before the match against Blackburn and one of the organisers, Michael Martin, conveyed a common reaction.

"It's astonishing," Martin said. "It's a joke appointment from an owner who has completely lost the plot. There is a considerable distance between Joe Kinnear and Terry Venables. At least Venables had a shred of credibility from what he's done in his career and he has some standing in the game. But Joe Kinnear?"

Even Kinnear acknowledged that view: "The fans are going be disappointed, I understand that, but I can't do anything about it."

Looks like the fans reps are willing us to fail, and some senior players are abandoning ship as well. Raise the white flag lads, well done :thup:

I don't know about willing us to fail, but given our current position and relationship with the press you would think "fans reps" would be sensible enough not to give out such poorly considered and potentially damaging comments as that.

I don't know about willing us to fail, but given our current position and relationship with the press you would think "fans reps" would be sensible enough not to give out such poorly considered and potentially damaging comments as that.

Michael Martin clearly not the brightest spark in the box. Venables didnt come because of the turmpoil amongst the fans, not the idiocy of the owner. Bit rich calling the owner, who went for Venables in the first place and was turned down, for not getting Venables.

:jesuswept:

Time for a few so called senior players to stop the talking and start playing, shudnt matter who the manager or owner is - HAVE SOME PRIDE IN YOUR PERFORMANCE FOR GODS SAKE! Its sickening that our recent form is being blamed on the current state of the club.

Players have a lot to answer for even with injuries and thin squad, the 11 on the pitch are cheating us at the minute

Michael Martin clearly not the brightest spark in the box. Venables didnt come because of the turmpoil amongst the fans, not the idiocy of the owner. Bit rich calling the owner, who went for Venables in the first place and was turned down, for not getting Venables.

Try reading it again

Try reading it again

?

Its a joke that the club cant even attract someone like Venables because of the fans reaction? I agree its a joke, just cant believe people dont see the irony.

So Michael Martin wanted the fans to protest to get Ashley out, after protests Ashley agrees to go and now he's complaining that we can't get a decent stand in manager because of the state of the club?

What a mong.

Venables wrote in the Sun about why he didnt come and it was because he wouldnt be getting a decent contract. it seems some have an excessive willingness to 'blame' the fans which just causes further division. imo that's as bad as having a go at Kinnear. i dont know maybe you genuinely missed that article.

there IS a distance between kinnear and venables and it IS a poor appointment, but the situation we find ourselves in means we can't get any better so he gets my full support. hopefully michael martin and so on will see that there's no point getting on Kinnear's back as our short-term success depends on him, and depending on how long this situation goes on, our chances of survival may depend on him.

Venables wrote in the Sun about why he didnt come and it was because he wouldnt be getting a decent contract. it seems some have an excessive willingness to 'blame' the fans which just causes further division. imo that's as bad as having a go at Kinnear. i dont know maybe you genuinely missed that article.

there IS a distance between kinnear and venables and it IS a poor appointment, but the situation we find ourselves in means we can't get any better so he gets my full support. hopefully michael martin and so on will see that there's no point getting on Kinnear's back as our short-term success depends on him, and depending on how long this situation goes on, our chances of survival may depend on him.

I was going off what golfmag said not the self-penned PR exercise in the sun. Venables is known to have been concerned about the fans before deciding. My perspective on life  means you can therefore ignore whatever he said in an article in the sun, as he didnt end up coming.

You seem to have lost a lot of analytical perspective in recent weeks Johnny.