Thoughts on the Cahill red card...

Neil

Apologies as this is a bit off topic, but I'm interested in people's thoughts on the Cahill dismissal at the weekend, and the subsequent failed appeal. Do you think it's double standards, as we're not in the Sky 4? (Referring to Terry's successful appeal for a similar offence). Do you think it was just crap refereeing? Or do you think Riley got it spot on? Personally I think it was Tim's reaction to it and him not going to the ref straight away that ultimately did the damage, but you can't help but feel the sweet FA once again are trying out their punishments on anyone other than the top 4 (e.g. the Moyes charge, what a joke).

Not sure you have many sympathisers on here :lol:

Not particularly defending Cahill's petulance, more highlighting the incompetence of the refereeing that he gave a red card for the tackle. And I can't see how Terry's role as England captain didn't influence the decision of this pathetic organisation that's supposed to be running football in this country. This so-called era of respect is a farse at the moment, respect first and foremost has to be earned, and that means referees sharpening up their game.

You might have a general point, but I still can't see any comparison between the Cahill red and subsequent FA decision and the Terry one.  Both of which the FA eventually got right IMO.