Thoughts on the Cahill red card...

Neil

Guest guinness_fiend

got what he deserved for years of leaving studs in,elbowing when in for hearders then squealing like a little pink piggy with a black donkeys dick up its arse when anyone so much as looks at him.

Hmmm...

got what he deserved for years of leaving studs in,elbowing when in for hearders then squealing like a little pink piggy with a black donkeys dick up its arse when anyone so much as looks at him.

He's a full blooded player and a mouthy get but he doesn't dive or play act. That's just bullshit tbh.

Guest guinness_fiend

Hmmm...

your point ?

Why does it have to be black?  It seemed a bit odd, tis all.

Hmmm...

your point ?

Your joking, right ?

He's a full blooded player and a mouthy get but he doesn't dive or play act. That's just bullshit tbh.

watch how far he throws himself when challanged from behind for a header.(any slightest touch from behind for that matter)

Hmmm...

your point ?

Aint it obvious,black donkeys have larger appendages than the white ones.It aint University Challenge you know.

Hmmm...

your point ?

why does the pig have to be pink ffs ?

Guest guinness_fiend

Hmmm...

your point ?

Indeed.

Hmmm...

your point ?

Cos pink piggies are more gay than the black ones of course Mads.

Guest guinness_fiend

Hmmm...

your point ?

:D

delighted he did get sent off because he cant play aginst us. cant stand the bloke, and hate his celebration more, but he is a very handy player who does well against us.

he's the kind of t*** who you would love in your team.

(unlike savage, who was just an absoloute weapon)

Hmmm...

your point ?

bloody stereotyper

;D

Guest guinness_fiend

delighted he did get sent off because he cant play aginst us. cant stand the bloke, and hate his celebration more, but he is a very handy player who does well against us.

he's the kind of t*** who you would love in your team.

(unlike savage, who was just an absoloute weapon)

I'd agree with this.

Not a direct comment on Cahill (didn't see it), but I think all appeals should be based on a "Double or Nothing" approach.

If you're banned for 3 game, and you want to appeal then you would risk loosing the appeal and sitting for six.  It's too easy and an automatic reaction to appeal every red card.

Go on a Double or Nothing approach, and you might not see so many appeals. Got to be a waste of the FA time. Would Cahill or Terry have risked sitting for 6 games, or would they just take their three game ban and get on with it.

Obviously if the card was frivalous then the appeal would be worth it, but if not then perhaps the risk would be too great and they would stay away from possible red cards.

Apologies as this is a bit off topic, but I'm interested in people's thoughts on the Cahill dismissal at the weekend, and the subsequent failed appeal. Do you think it's double standards, as we're not in the Sky 4? (Referring to Terry's successful appeal for a similar offence). Do you think it was just crap refereeing? Or do you think Riley got it spot on? Personally I think it was Tim's reaction to it and him not going to the ref straight away that ultimately did the damage, but you can't help but feel the sweet FA once again are trying out their punishments on anyone other than the top 4 (e.g. the Moyes charge, what a joke).

Not sure you have many sympathisers on here :lol:

Not a direct comment on Cahill (didn't see it), but I think all appeals should be based on a "Double or Nothing" approach.

If you're banned for 3 game, and you want to appeal then you would risk loosing the appeal and sitting for six.  It's too easy and an automatic reaction to appeal every red car.

Go on a Double or Nothing approach, and you might not see so many appeals. Got to be a waste of the FA time. Would Cahill or Terry have risked sitting for 6 games, or would they just take their three game ban and get on with it.

Obviously if the card was frivalous then the appeal would be worth it, but if not then perhaps the risk would be too great and they would stay away from possible red cards.

i like that idea but would alter it slightly. instead of doubling the ban make it ,say....................a revolver with 1 bullet......you following where i'm going with this ?

If you're banned for 3 game, and you want to appeal then you would risk loosing the appeal and sitting for six.  It's too easy and an automatic reaction to appeal every red car.

i like that idea but would alter it slightly. instead of doubling the ban make it ,say....................a revolver with 1 bullet......you following where i'm going with this ?

Surely that would only work if Pavulechenko got sent off?

Apologies as this is a bit off topic, but I'm interested in people's thoughts on the Cahill dismissal at the weekend, and the subsequent failed appeal. Do you think it's double standards, as we're not in the Sky 4? (Referring to Terry's successful appeal for a similar offence). Do you think it was just crap refereeing? Or do you think Riley got it spot on? Personally I think it was Tim's reaction to it and him not going to the ref straight away that ultimately did the damage, but you can't help but feel the sweet FA once again are trying out their punishments on anyone other than the top 4 (e.g. the Moyes charge, what a joke).

Not sure you have many sympathisers on here :lol:

Not particularly defending Cahill's petulance, more highlighting the incompetence of the refereeing that he gave a red card for the tackle. And I can't see how Terry's role as England captain didn't influence the decision of this pathetic organisation that's supposed to be running football in this country. This so-called era of respect is a farse at the moment, respect first and foremost has to be earned, and that means referees sharpening up their game.

Guest ryunufc

A yellow for the tackle and another one for dissent, instead of a straight red. I think he got carried away after Arbeloa's tackle 5 mins earlier that should have been a straight red.

Most of the time that would have been called a yellow, but it was a bad tackle so he can't complain.

The media seem to spend too much time bothering about the finer points of decisions - the worst culprit being Andy Gray, who seems to think it's his job to mark the referee's card each time the whistle blows.

Unless a decision is clearly wrong, the ref's verdict should stand.

I seem to remember him going down holding his face when Shola pushed him in the upper chest/neck area a few seasons back to get him sent off.

Fully agree with Lovejoy's description of him though.