The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

"I hope to be playing in the first team within two years. Then I hope to play for Barcelona, they are my favourite team, and I also hope to play for Sweden."

Sell him on for a big price. Fits the bill perfectly.

"I hope to be playing in the first team within two years. Then I hope to play for Barcelona, they are my favourite team, and I also hope to play for Sweden."

Who didn't see that coming? :lol:

We need to sign more Geremis, Smiths and Butts who we can keep as low value deadwood instead  O0

Guest Heneage

Are his claims mental or is he actually a talent that could be playing first team in 2 years?

Are his claims mental or is he actually a talent that could be playing first team in 2 years?

No idea, never heard of him before we signed him. He's been playing in lower leagues here in Sweden. Only started playing football five years ago (at the age of 12), so he's developed very quickly, made appearances for the Swedish U16 team. Think we'll just have to wait and see.

Magpies failed in Elano bid

Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias has revealed the club failed in a bid for Manchester City midfielder Elano during the January transfer window.

The Magpies made well-documented moves for City duo Michael Johnson and Nedum Onuoha last month as they tried to bolster their ranks.

Joe Kinnear’s side were rebuffed in their attempts for both players, but Llambias has now divulged that Brazilian playmaker Elano was also within Newcastle’s sights.

The 27-year-old has endured a tough second season at Eastlands and has struggled to maintain a regular spot in Mark Hughes’s starting XI.

Brazil coach Dunga has also weighed in with comments on the player’s future, advising him to leave City in order to benefit his international career.

Now Llambias has discussed his club’s move for Elano, and has stated Newcastle will try and sign at least one of the trio of City players again in the summer.

"Relegation is a major fear for us, but we did try to get the players the manager wanted in the transfer window," Llambias told The Journal.

"We aren't a selling club; we're a buying club. We are out there in the market. We never said no to any requests. We tried to get Michael Johnson in all sorts of different ways.

"We tried cash and we tried players. We tried for Nedum Onuoha and we tried for Elano, but none of those combinations came off ... we will be going back in the summer for certain individuals."

Newcastle boss Kinnear also revealed last week the club had failed in an attempt to bring Tottenham striker Darren Bent to St James’ Park.

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/02/11/Prem-Llambias-on-Elano-bid/gnid-39748/

Stephane M'Bia has dismissed reports suggesting he has agreed a deal to join an English club in the summer.

The Rennes midfielder has been linked with a move to the Premier League for some time, with Everton, Newcastle and Arsenal all credited with an interest.

M'Bia set his heart on a switch to Everton before the start of the season but the French club fought to keep him.

The Cameroonian is now focused on playing his best for Rennes over the next few months and will not think about his future until the transfer window reopens.

"I have not agreed anything," M'Bia told the French press.

"I made myself clear that I wanted to join a club last season but Rennes did not let me so I am still here.

"I need to finish the season strongly and we will see in the summer."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_4928714,00.html

Albin has only started 1 game for Toulouse since they upped his price. But this is far better than other transfer window target Michael Johnson who am sure has not played for MCFC 1st team or been on the bench at all.  To think we could of spunked up around £11 million for players who don't play often.

I see Fred has been released by Lyon. Looks like he's going to sign for a Brazilian club. ???

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/02/27/Ligue-1-Lyon-exit-for-Fred/gnid-42207/

We should be giving him a go.

Not sure if we want another mega-wage striker with personality issues on the club's books.

How big are his wages going to be in Brazil? Surely not that mega.

I see Fred has been released by Lyon. Looks like he's going to sign for a Brazilian club. ???

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/02/27/Ligue-1-Lyon-exit-for-Fred/gnid-42207/

We should be giving him a go.

Not sure if we want another mega-wage striker with personality issues on the club's books.

How big are his wages going to be in Brazil? Surely not that mega.

There were stories of him wanting mega money from clubs in Europe,  he wont be getting as much at Fluminense. He has signed a 5 year deal but he said he wants to play in Brazil for 2009. Not sure if that is a come & get me plea in 2010.