Ipswich footballer outrage

Guest Phil K

Guest Heneage

oh ffs.. high morals strike again

Tell that to the parents, pal.

Must admit to being equally revolted by the answers so far than the thoughtless gesture in the first place.

How is it known to be for him?

The character saying so is a bit of a giveaway..... :rolleyes:

Revolted?! Here, get a life pal. Again, what was the guy joking about?

It was an ill advised message of support to a mate, with no reference to the victims or their family.

Get a life ?

For being revolted at this peabrained arrogant act ?

You THAT stupid ?

:lol:

Keep up the good work, pal.

Don't be a cock hes entitled to his opinion. Sniggering and saying "Get a life" shows little maturity.

I would never have known what the gesture was until it was mentioned to me.

I watched sky this morning and seen the incident, how can anyone say for sure what it was.

the player himself, has, and tried to apologise, and rationalize,...hes a t***.

He actually said "it was for my pal in prison and it was a prison gesture"?

he should have phoned him after the match in private,

not showed his support , in front of cameras, ..therfore in front of the parents of the two children, his mate illegally killed, with his reckless behaviour.

Guest icemanblue

Must admit to being equally revolted by the answers so far than the thoughtless gesture in the first place.

It was an ill advised message of support to a mate, with no reference to the victims or their family.

Get a life ?

You THAT stupid ?

Don't be a cock hes entitled to his opinion. Sniggering and saying "Get a life" shows little maturity.

Who asked you?

I watched sky this morning and seen the incident, how can anyone say for sure what it was.

Tim Cahill did exactly the same a few weeks ago in support of his shitbag brother who was locked up for 6 years for GBH - another brainless footballer.

Guest Heneage

Get a life ?

You THAT stupid ?

Who asked you?

"  Get a life :lol: " put your handbag away babe.

Guest elbee909

Some flippant responses on here are clearly not equally as revolting as the very public gesture the footballer in question made.  If you're serious, then your moral scale is rather warped.  I'd stop reading the tabloids for your opinions.

chill out, Phil.. it's an awful tragedy, but the player surely didn't mean to insult the victims and their family.

I don't think he thought AT ALL.

I'd fine the b****** 6-10 weeks wages and give every penny to the grieving parents.

And chill out ?

Celebrating a death driving mate isn't minor, pal. Nor forgiveable

No offence, but I can't believe anyone couldn't work out what it was.

The more you allow footballers to think they can get away with sniggering "apologies" without making them FEEL it, the worse they'll get.

We're seeing that on Britains streets with the thugs wearing a tie and "apologizing" in court and then going out and doing WORSE

Sorry, missed this first time round.  I never knew who the Ipswich lad was until Sky mentioned the incident.  If I seen footage with no sound on i wouldn't have a clue what the fuss was about.

I don't see the problem at all here. It's ridiculous the media attention that it will garner though. I means its terrible what happened to the kids, a real shame, but that is not what it is about. His best mate ruined his life and his career, so he's just showing his support. I don't even see how this can be perceived as supporting the convicts actions or insulting the family. The player made a grevious error, but that doesn't mean he's some kind of subhuman now. I don't see why people who were close to him can't show support.

I don't see the problem at all here. It's ridiculous the media attention that it will garner though. I means its terrible what happened to the kids, a real shame, but that is not what it is about. His best mate ruined his life and his career, so he's just showing his support. I don't even see how this can be perceived as supporting the convicts actions or insulting the family. The player made a grevious error, but that doesn't mean he's some kind of subhuman now. I don't see why people who were close to him can't show support.

It's about how you show that support, and in which forum, surely?

As mentioned before, the gesture he made is usually used to refer to the 'wrongfully' convicted (or gang members who have gone to prison for 'the cause'). Inappropriate in the extreme, even more so when done in public.