Away Support

Guest timmy boy

Not getting at you here, because it's been mentioned by many in this thread, but what has sitting/standing got to do with having a good away following?

Both Newcastle/Sunderland have great numbers at most away games, but i don't get the relevance of sitting/standing.

Standing makes for a much better atmosphere. I'd rather be with 1,000 standing fans than 3,000 that are sat down.

Not getting at you here, because it's been mentioned by many in this thread, but what has sitting/standing got to do with having a good away following?

Both Newcastle/Sunderland have great numbers at most away games, but i don't get the relevance of sitting/standing.

Standing makes for a much better atmosphere. I'd rather be with 1,000 standing fans than 3,000 that are sat down.

I think it comes hand in hand tbh. Standing and singing is just what people do, and tbh I think it helps the acoustics.... :razz:

You can be louder standing up, suck all that air in through your nose and bellow out a good chant.

Nearly anywhere you look where there is a good atmosphere people are standing. Some examples of this are:

The Kop end on a champions league night

Marseille behind each goal

The Bundesligas "Safe Standing"

Lower League clubs like York...Jorvik Reds all stand and have banners, etc

I'm sure I could go on and on...

A bit off topic but how come the mickey mousers who stand in the Kop get away with it whilst other clubs get slaps on the wrist if their fans stand up during games?

A bit off topic but how come the mickey mousers who stand in the Kop get away with it whilst other clubs get slaps on the wrist if their fans stand up during games?

Agreed, this has been mentioned many'a'time when the stewards have tried to get me and/or others to sit down.