Away Support

Guest timmy boy

Why did fans go in the Home end when there were plenty of empty seats in your end? You didn't take between 6k and 7k, we took more last year and only had around 6,500 there. Not saying 5,500 isn't a good following, it's a great following, but no way was your end nearly full.

Sunderland fans sit everywhere they go,

shite and you know it! get over the bitterness and give credit where it`s due,mind it will be interesting to see how many you`s take wont it... :pow:

and by the way if you think because im on a Mags board this implys obsession,count how many Mags visit the SMB on a daily basis

Can say the very same about Skunkers.

I wouldnt know mate,it`s never appealed to me that board.

Chelsea were class when I stood with them at Watford couple of seasons ago.

If that's the 1-0 Kalou last second wanker, I disagree completely. They were pretty quiet IYAM, seeing as they weren't dominating and actually didn't deserve to win.

The best that season were you (both times, big banner the second), Manure (sang all game) and bindippers.

I'm hardly bitter, just speaking the truth.  You do sit down, everywhere you go the majority of Sunderland fans are sat. Prove otherwise.

In fairness, they didn't sit at our place.

The weirdest example we see of decent numbers but large scale sitting is Everton, who always seem to sit. Really odd.

I'm not really a fan of the situation viz a viz standing at the moment (worst of both worlds) but I really can't remember the last time I went to an away game and sat.

Luton always use to travel in numbers. Went to watch Saints v QPR last season and QPR had a good and vocal following

They're usually loud too, Ipswich, Southampton and Leeds (when you talk about lower league clubs) are good. QPR will be loud vs us on Saturday when they win 4-0.

Why did fans go in the Home end when there were plenty of empty seats in your end? You didn't take between 6k and 7k, we took more last year and only had around 6,500 there. Not saying 5,500 isn't a good following, it's a great following, but no way was your end nearly full.

the first four rows were not put up for sale,dont know why but they were taped off.other than that the whole end was full

thats why loads went in with the home fans.

You do sit down, everywhere you go the majority of Sunderland fans are sat. Prove otherwise.

I dont need to proove it mate,your the one stating that we sit,I know different,so you show me proof.

EDIT. Thanks Brummie. O0

Guest Nufc4Life

How pathetic is it arguing over who takes the best attendance to Blackburn? Fucking hell man who gives a shit. Sunderland and Us both have awesome away support, end of.

How pathetic is it arguing over who takes the best attendance to Blackburn? f***ing hell man who gives a s***. Sunderland and Us both have awesome away support, end of.

It is and we do!... O0

Man United, easily. Followed by Liverpool.

Whoever said the Mackems wants shot, not being biased there but their away support is poor in every way except numbers.

:doh: Jesus wept!!! you talk s****. we`ve sold out every away game bar one this season (except numbers) you got this right.

so what makes you think the noise levels or songs are lower\worse than other clubs?

Didn't look like you sold out at Blackburn. Was that the one you meant?

You are a bit overly obsessed with Newcastle, and your songs reflect that. Yourselves and Boro say we're s**t, yet it seems that your idea of a good season is when you beat/finish above us.

We took our allocation and more,between 6 and 7 k down there,
You are a bit overly obsessed with Newcastle
in your minds only!! you should try reading your own boards and see how many references there are about us.

most fans cringe at the anti Mag songs TBH,ok at the derby but other than that theres no need for them.

and by the way if you think because im on a Mags board this implys obsession,count how many Mags visit the SMB on a daily basis

I believe Im the only Mackem that gets on here regular,but then I surf most of the football boards. O0

Really? It's just that there was a shot of the Darwen End on match of the day, which seemed to make the top tier look  filled only down one half of it.

Not getting at you here, because it's been mentioned by many in this thread, but what has sitting/standing got to do with having a good away following?

Both Newcastle/Sunderland have great numbers at most away games, but i don't get the relevance of sitting/standing.

Lol, it always makes me laugh when fans from teams in the midlands try to give excuses for a piss poor following  by complaining about the hardships of travelling to Newcastle for a midweek fixture.  :lol:

They are so mollycoddled as fans with about 90% of away games all within a 100 mile radius.  It is fuck all and they should be packing out away ends everywhere

The North West teams are the same but to a lesser degree.

Newcastle/Sunderland/Middlesborough/Pompey have it the hardest imo and in that order.

to be honest, not coming from the Northeast, im not going to begrudge sunderland supporters much, other than the fact that on some messageboard, a few were twats and one was taking the piss out of SBR's cancer. but every team has a few of them and fair play to them if they are going to get a decent crowd at a place like fulham (as did we) . tbh if theyve only beaten NUFC once at home in 28 years, if it makes them happy they can do what they like. just give those a pat on the back and a biscuit.

to be honest, not coming from the Northeast, im not going to begrudge sunderland supporters much, other than the fact that on some messageboard, a few were twats and one was taking the piss out of SBR's cancer. but every team has a few of them and fair play to them if they are going to get a decent crowd at a place like fulham (as did we) . tbh if theyve only beaten NUFC once at home in 28 years, if it makes them happy they can do what they like. just give those a pat on the back and a biscuit.

:colo:

If that's the 1-0 Kalou last second wanker, I disagree completely. They were pretty quiet IYAM, seeing as they weren't dominating and actually didn't deserve to win.

The best that season were you (both times, big banner the second), Manure (sang all game) and bindippers.

it might have just been at the back where I was but I thought they were quite good, got that "Chelsea, chelsea, chelseeaaa, chelsea" one going for about 15 mins.

it might have just been at the back where I was but I thought they were quite good, got that "Chelsea, chelsea, chelseeaaa, chelsea" one going for about 15 mins.

chelsea have such shit songs.

Newcastle have the best away fans. That's what the cockney's down here keep saying.

We had 6,00 fans at Wigan (League Cup) when the attendance was 11,574 a couple of years ago aswell (more away fans than home fans)

i think portsmouth tend to be quite good, but fenerbache has been the best ive seen

Ayee, Fenerbache were the best in a long time at SJP, class

They are definitely the best supported North London team to visit SJP.  Far better than Spurs and Arsenal.

How pathetic is it arguing over who takes the best attendance to Blackburn? f***ing hell man who gives a s***. Sunderland and Us both have awesome away support, end of.

Sundlund's support is much bigger now than it has been in the last 15-20 years or so.

Like all promoted clubs with a new popular manager etc there is an element of bandwagon support for a year or two.

Worryingly for them it seems to be waning and despite spending more than ever and being in a higher position big gaps are appearing in their ground with crowds already 10,000 under capacity and probably worse to come as the season wears on.

Their core support has always been great but they do seem to have a higher proportion of floaters than most clubs.