Middlesbrough 0 - 0 Newcastle - 29/11/08 - post match reaction from page 17

Rich

Guest newcastle4life

Another point away and clean sheet isnt a bad result but need the 3 points against Stoke and to start winning more games.

I thought zoggy was woeful yestedrday, he really lost every ball and until the last 15 minutes when he started to run at players he looked totally out of synch. One of the reasons enrique was suffereing so much yesteerday was that zoggy offered no help whatsoever and just sauntered back up the pitch on quite a few occasions, I was shouting at him to move his arrse about 10 times in the 1st half!!

Zog's performance falls into monkey claw territory--Be careful what you wish for. Made me appreciate what Duff brings to the squad.

There I said it.

Guest optimistic nit

I can not belive when Viduka came on it was for Martins.  Martins was trying and invloved where as Owen didnt even touch the ball!!! Didnt even look interested.

I honestly think that was a disgraceful decision!! No wonder Martins stormed off.

JK OUT

Tbf although Martins scoring record isn't bad for us if I had to leave on one striker who can play shite all game but still take that one chance it would be Owen.

to be fair, i can see valid reasons for keeping owen on, but i still think that given how the game was going it was the wrong decision.

Guest optimistic nit

I can not belive when Viduka came on it was for Martins.  Martins was trying and invloved where as Owen didnt even touch the ball!!! Didnt even look interested.

I honestly think that was a disgraceful decision!! No wonder Martins stormed off.

JK OUT

Tbf although Martins scoring record isn't bad for us if I had to leave on one striker who can play s**** all game but still take that one chance it would be Owen.

Pairing Owen with Viduka makes more sense than pairing Martins and Viduka.

If it was a choice of Martin or Owen up front alone, then it would be Martins.

what are you talking about? martins has bad control, good movement, good pace. viduka has great control, poor pace. both are good strikers of the ball.

they make much more sense than owen and viduka imo.

JK OUT

Tbf although Martins scoring record isn't bad for us if I had to leave on one striker who can play s**** all game but still take that one chance it would be Owen.

Pairing Owen with Viduka makes more sense than pairing Martins and Viduka.

If it was a choice of Martin or Owen up front alone, then it would be Martins.

what are you talking about? martins has bad control, good movement, good pace. viduka has great control, poor pace. both are good strikers of the ball.

they make much more sense than owen and viduka imo.

You missed out that Martins has poor positional sense.

Of the two i'd trust Owen to be in the right place for Viduka to find than I would Martins.