Big Man/ Little Man

Guest sicko2ndbest

Great post Yorkie, my only thing with the first line up is Butt in the middle, I think Guthrie needs a place in that team and with the defensive duties being shared amongst all three of the midfield i think you can possbily fit him in instead of Butt. Guthries ball distribution is so much better than Butts.

True, Fredbob - was just going off last season's team really. 8 of the players that made that formation so brilliant last season still remain, the other three are improvements.

Colo > Faye

Bassong > Taylor

Jonas = Barton

It's unfortunate though because it's genuinely never going to happen. the fact of that matter is, that system last season was entirely unique. Yes we've seen renditions of 4-3-3, but that one was just Kevin Keegan. If Kevin Keegan was a formation, he'd be that one. From the full-back contributions, to the centre-mids/come wingers, to the role that Owen played. It'll never be mimicked exactly, because it's not Keegan - it'd be someone else's version of it and it probably wouldn't be as effective. One of us on here would do a better job of recipricating that formation than Kinnear would have done, and that's not necassarily a detriment to JFK. Every manager's different, that's all.

God i wish August 30th-September 2nd hadn't happened. :(

Re: Stephen927... Geremi and Barton were as much wingers as they were centre-mids last season, really. I've slated anyone who's advocated putting Jonas straight down the middle cos it simply won't work. Jonas works when he's got lots of space - something else, btw, that the 4-3-3 created.