Finances web-site

macbeth

The club has gone wrong since appointing Souness, before that we were moving along and doing quite well but were in a position where we could have moved upwards further if a better choice of manager had been made.

The decline in income clearly started two years before Fat Fred appointed Souness.

Why are you on a thread about the club's finances if you haven't even read the information about the club's finances?

eeer.....I believe figures were put up a year ago, when your hero was doing such a good job clearing out the cancer that would leave us better off, according to you, which showed conclusively that the club had spent a lot of money getting back into the Champions League during the previous 2-3 years, despite you saying you thought money was still available in the summer of 2003. So if you are opposing the club spending money it doesn't have, why did you do it then ?

In short, the club was a mid table team showing no sign of getting up the league until they invested around 40m quid in players during the years 2000-03, particularly where Bellamy and Robert were concerned as they were the most influential and catapulted the team into the top 4. Were you happy with the team sitting in the middle of the league, or would you rather the Champions League qualification and subsequent run had not happened  ?

Long term supporters like Mick will also be aware the old board of the club who he thinks were no better than the current ones, would have considered a mid table place to be so successful they celebrated by selling our best players, locally born England internationals who wanted to leave the club, and replacing them with ones out of the 2nd or 3rd division.

-18 league places now and showing signs of only going in 1 direction under Shepherd, defend that without bringing other past chairman into it.

The club has gone wrong since appointing Souness, before that we were moving along and doing quite well but were in a position where we could have moved upwards further if a better choice of manager had been made.

The decline in income clearly started two years before Fat Fred appointed Souness.

Why are you on a thread about the club's finances if you haven't even read the information about the club's finances?

eeer.....I believe figures were put up a year ago, when your hero was doing such a good job clearing out the cancer that would leave us better off, according to you, which showed conclusively that the club had spent a lot of money getting back into the Champions League during the previous 2-3 years, despite you saying you thought money was still available in the summer of 2003. So if you are opposing the club spending money it doesn't have, why did you do it then ?

In short, the club was a mid table team showing no sign of getting up the league until they invested around 40m quid in players during the years 2000-03, particularly where Bellamy and Robert were concerned as they were the most influential and catapulted the team into the top 4. Were you happy with the team sitting in the middle of the league, or would you rather the Champions League qualification and subsequent run had not happened  ?

Long term supporters like Mick will also be aware the old board of the club who he thinks were no better than the current ones, would have considered a mid table place to be so successful they celebrated by selling our best players, locally born England internationals who wanted to leave the club, and replacing them with ones out of the 2nd or 3rd division.

-18 league places now and showing signs of only going in 1 direction under Shepherd, defend that without bringing other past chairman into it.

the point is to point out that we could still end up with what we had before, like plenty of other current clubs also have. But as  long term supporter, the horror of that should be known to you, so much so that you would accept it as being highly possible. Of course, only those with little or no recollection would not understand,

the point is to point out that we could still end up with what we had before, like plenty of other current clubs also have. But as  long term supporter, the horror of that should be known to you, so much so that you would accept it as being highly possible. Of course, only those with little or no recollection would not understand,

Only those with little or no recollection of that would support the bloke who is taking us in that very same direction you clown.

Only those with little or no recollection of that would support the bloke who is taking us in that very same direction you clown.

on the contrary, only clowns like you defended the old board for selling England players and were happy with merely being in the top flight.

tch tch...such abuse too, just because you don't REALLY  understand why they left, and why Lee and Cox did too ...

on the contrary, only clowns like you defended the old board for selling England players and were happy with merely being in the top flight.

tch tch...such abuse too, just because you don't REALLY  understand why they left, and why Lee and Cox did too ...

Pathetic but I understand what you're getting at and apologise to any clowns that are offended.

Back to the point in hand and nothing to do with old boards,  -18 leauge places, - £millions to prop up Cameron Hall and the Shepherd pension fund, heading for the second division, defend that.

Pathetic but I understand what you're getting at and apologise to any clowns that are offended.

Back to the point in hand and nothing to do with old boards,  -18 leauge places, - £millions to prop up Cameron Hall and the Shepherd pension fund, heading for the second division, defend that.

aye, like you said, pathetic that people actually think that selling England players is no different to buying them instead

:roll:

aye, like you said, pathetic that people actually think that selling England players is no different to buying them instead

(copy & paste) Back to the point in hand and nothing to do with old boards,  -18 leauge places, - £millions to prop up Cameron Hall and the Shepherd pension fund, heading for the second division, defend that.

Stop avoiding it.

(copy & paste) Back to the point in hand and nothing to do with old boards,  -18 leauge places, - £millions to prop up Cameron Hall and the Shepherd pension fund, heading for the second division, defend that.

Stop avoiding it.

I have said that appointing Souness was a mistake. You should remind your ally Ozzie that he backed the funding and changes made by Souness. Ambition showed by a board is a different thing altogether, and a long term - cough cough - supporter like yourself should be able to see the difference. You still don't name replacements that will guarantee the trophies we are entitlted to and won by the bucketful pre-1992 ....  :lol:

What on earth are you on about? Because money had been spent on players earlier, the board were right to award themselves an £8.5 million dividend and not freshen up the squad in summer 2003?

I suppose because I bought some groceries the week before last, that means I don't have buy any fresh bread or milk next week?

Fact is, it was obvious to most supporters that the squad needed an extra boost in 2003. Not qualifying for the Champions League - and thus having even less money the following season - was the consequence of the board’s failure to do this.

Once again, as earlier in Shepherd’s reign, we completely blew our chance to consolidate our position as a top five team. Instead, we're in a relegation battle for the second season running.

I hope you're happy.

Or those with absolutely no brains at all.

we're in a relegation battle for the second season running.

I hope you're happy.

eeer....no. YOU wanted the funding of Souness and the sale of Bellamy, not me.

Stop avoiding it.

I have said that appointing Souness was a mistake. You should remind your ally Ozzie that he backed the funding and changes made by Souness. Ambition showed by a board is a different thing altogether, and a long term - cough cough - supporter like yourself should be able to see the difference. You still don't name replacements that will guarantee the trophies we are entitlted to and won by the bucketful pre-1992 ....  :lol:

Stop being spineless and avoiding it.

I hope you're happy.

Eerr... no. YOU are happy with a board that has pissed away everything and left us in a relegation place, with a crap manager we probably can't afford to sack, and no money to strengthen the team.

It's certainly not something that most supporters are happy about.

I hope you're happy.

Eerr... no. YOU are happy with a board that has pissed away everything and left us in a relegation place, with a crap manager we probably can't afford to sack, and no money to strengthen the team.

It's certainly not something that most supporters are happy about.

errr....as a supporter of 43 years, I've seen a lot worse, all before the Halls and Shepherd. However, it is your man Souness who started this in motion, do you still think we are better off for the job he did and do you still have your Souness wallpaper on your wall  :lol:

errr....as a supporter of 43 years, I've seen a lot worse, all before the Halls and Shepherd. However, it is your man Souness who started this in motion, do you still think we are better off for the job he did and do you still have your Souness wallpaper on your wall  :lol:

Souness didn't start it, Shepherd did by appointing him.

Shepherds record before and after Sir Bobby is crap, Souness was just back to normallity and Roeder is a continuation.

Shepherds record before and after Sir Bobby is crap, Souness was just back to normallity and Roeder is a continuation.

Well, at least our top players are signing contracts instead of locally born England players wanting to leave, but I'm sure you know best when you say there is no difference between the 2 sets of circumstances, as all long term supporters - cough cough - will be aware of. Have you corrected the WUM regarding his defence of Souness spending contributing to the financial figures yet ?

Cant wait to hear NE5s Shepherd defence when we're entertaining Barnsley next August.

Well, if you learn to read, I've defended nobody. I'm only explaining to deluded people like you that there are a hell of a lot of possible chairman out there running other big city clubs that are a lot worse off than us. Shame you can't see it like, but you may learn the hard way although obviously I hope not. As the WUM, Mick and nobody else, can name these people who are automatically going to win cups - like we always did - and ride to the rescue, perhaps you can ?

Well, at least our top players are signing contracts instead of locally born England players wanting to leave, but I'm sure you know best when you say there is no difference between the 2 sets of circumstances, as all long term supporters - cough cough - will be aware of. Have you corrected the WUM regarding his defence of Souness spending contributing to the financial figures yet ?

You haven't got the balls to say that you were wrong about Shepherd so you'll back him all of the way, very sad.  Now comment on what I've posted many times today and you've so far shown no bottle in attempting to comment other than trying to waffle your way around things, see below.

Cant wait to hear NE5s Shepherd defence when we're entertaining Barnsley next August.

Well, if you learn to read, I've defended nobody. I'm only explaining to deluded people like you that there are a hell of a lot of possible chairman out there running other big city clubs that are a lot worse off than us. Shame you can't see it like, but you may learn the hard way although obviously I hope not. As the WUM, Mick and nobody else, can name these people who are automatically going to win cups - like we always did - and ride to the rescue, perhaps you can ?

bluesleep.gif

I can see quite a few little town clubs above us at the minute, have they got better chariman?