thought as much...

Guest thaitoon

Problem is that too many fans want change without making any sacrifice to get it - back in the 80's, I adopted exactly the same philosophy as our friend Fred - and eventually, the financial situation forced McKeag & Co out. The same action is required now, but too many people hide behind the 'I'm a TRUE fan'

rubbish as an excuse for not withdrawing their money.

There is NO WAY I would be buying a Season Ticket if I was  back in the NE, until Shepherd & Co had gone..

Guest Craig1892

To be fair he does have a point.

I'd gone for years not buying anything else from the club, merchandise, pies, bovril not even a fecking beer. At the end of last season I decided I had had enough and took the ultimate hit of not renewing my season ticket. I'm not advocating everyone does this but it's what i wanted to do.

At first I thought whatever, someone else will fill my seat, but no, others must be feeling the same we've had two sub 50,000 gates for league games now, i fel vindicated.

Parrallels can be drawn with the recycling argument i.e. 'well the little bit that I do can't make a difference' but it ****ing does when you multiply it by the whole population. I'm not saying stop attending matches - i still get to them (only missed bolton & waffa cup this year) but the fat fucker no longer has me over a barrel, i feel liberated. His incomes are less secure and more difficult to forecast.

If more people start attending on a casual basis he and the city will get twitchy arseholes as the loans are guaranteed against season ticket sales. Do whatever you want to effect change, don't buy anything else from the club, vent your spleen in the press, on here on the legends, 606 where ever **** me even talksport if you must the let the trickle become a torrent. I'm not into standing outside the ground and chanting for the board to be sacked, i'm a bit long in the tooth for that to be honest, but if thats what you feel you want to do then ****ing well do it.

Just don't moan on about how you hate the status quo but not be prepared to make any sort of sacrifice to change it [/rant]

:lol: :thup:

Anyway mate to be honest, what can we do about it? someone will always take our seat at games, protesting gets us nowhere, Shepherd can sit in his office for the rest of his life and make millions as can his next of kibling and theirs, its business mate, we CAN do something but we need everyone behind us, everyone as in all the fans, hardly anyone buying products and going to games, but that wont happen. Right now we cant do anything, but just put up with what we have.

exactly my point, with an attitude like this nothing will change, jesus you "d think they were untouchable....look around the world mate and open your eyes to what can be achieved.

Not trying to put your rebellious spirit down, but what can be achieved really?

Has there been a case where fans actions have caused the board to resign?

Guest jackmisfit

I'd think that as a fan, you'd have to decide what you want to change first. Cleaning out the ownership and the board seems to be what everyone wants to have happen. Hopefully, new leadership from the top down would bring greater long term success. The only way Shepherd would let go of this club is if he continues to lose money. It seems like the fans are already starting to try to force him out by not showing up at SJP on game day. As a fan, what more can you do? Build barricades and riot? Loot the food stands? I think not spending money that goes into the owners pockets and embarrassing him on tv would force his hand.

Guest thaitoon

:lol:  I like foreign based supporters.......right up to the point where they start telling the locally based ones how best to go about supporting the team.  Then I get pretty ****ing sick of them.  :cool:  If they can steer clear of that, they'll remain unharmed.

so gemmil, seems you have a twofold personal problem

anyone who doesnt live in the area, isnt justified to critisce, players management and supporters

and authority, you seem to dislike more than anything, and anyone who remotely shows a bit of it.

anyhow, probably put the best part of half my life in newcastle united, living in the area so i feel pretty justified to critisce whoever i feel, especially to someone who reacts to positives with negatives..........aye you !

Guest Gemmill

:lol:  I like foreign based supporters.......right up to the point where they start telling the locally based ones how best to go about supporting the team.  Then I get pretty ****ing sick of them.  :cool:  If they can steer clear of that, they'll remain unharmed.

anyone who doesnt live in the area, isnt justified to critisce, players management and supporters

and authority, you seem to dislike more than anything, and anyone who remotely shows a bit of it.

anyhow, probably put the best part of half my life in newcastle united, living in the area so i feel pretty justified to critisce whoever i feel, especially to someone who reacts to positives with negatives..........aye you !

Criticise the players (assuming you saw the game) and management all you like.  But don't sit in Thailand and scoff at those that are going to the match, telling them where they are and aren't going wrong, thanks very much.

As for reacting to positives with negatives, is a thread entitled "thought as much" which then goes on to tell the paying fan how pathetic they are designed to be positive?  No?  Thought as much.

Thanks for the analysis of my "personal problems" though.  Perceptive stuff.

Guest toon tone rudeboy

:lol: I like foreign based supporters.......right up to the point where they start telling the locally based ones how best to go about supporting the team. Then I get pretty ****ing sick of them. :cool: If they can steer clear of that, they'll remain unharmed.

Gemmill,

You used to live in the US correct?  San Francisco area if I remember correctly?

I am not trying to make this a dig.  This thread reminded me of your posts back on the Toontastic messageboard.

Guest Gemmill

:lol: I like foreign based supporters.......right up to the point where they start telling the locally based ones how best to go about supporting the team. Then I get pretty ****ing sick of them. :cool: If they can steer clear of that, they'll remain unharmed.

Gemmill,

You used to live in the US correct?  San Francisco area if I remember correctly?

I am not trying to make this a dig.  This thread reminded me of your posts back on the Toontastic messageboard.

Yeah I did mate.  Lived there for three years.  Never had a go at the fans that were attending while I was there though.  :cool:

Guest magpies_rawk

You appear to be in Thailand. What's your plan of action? Become a ladyboy and entrap the chairman perhaps?

thats a low blow. what was his crime? and what would warrant insulting the country of one who invests as much passion into the club we love? voicing out his frustrations?

Sorry? Did I insult his country? Did I ****. So shut it.

if equating thailand with transsexuals isn't insulting the former, what is?

the last thing we want is a preppy argument here, so u save your snide remarks for the mackems and talk football on this forum.

Guest toon tone rudeboy

Gemmill,

Yeah I did mate. Lived there for three years. Never had a go at the fans that were attending while I was there though. :cool:

As I said, This wasn't meant to imply anything.

Guest Gemmill

Gemmill,

Yeah I did mate. Lived there for three years. Never had a go at the fans that were attending while I was there though. :cool:

As I said, This wasn't meant to imply anything.

I know, I was just clarifying in advance for any simpletons that tried to claim I did.  bluebigrazz.gif

You appear to be in Thailand. What's your plan of action? Become a ladyboy and entrap the chairman perhaps?

thats a low blow. what was his crime? and what would warrant insulting the country of one who invests as much passion into the club we love? voicing out his frustrations?

the last thing we want is a preppy argument here, so u save your snide remarks for the mackems and talk football on this forum.

He was having a laugh mate ffs..I'm sure Gemmill didn't mean to insult the lad. Why people get so uptight on a internet forum beats me.. and incase you havn't noticed Thailand is full of chicks with dicks..

Guest Gemmill

Ask anyone what springs to mind when they hear Thailand and a lot of people will mention Bangkok ladyboys ok?  That's not an insult to Thailand, it's an association that people make based on the fact that Thailand has a well-known sex-trade.  Is mentioning hamburgers in the same breath as America insulting as well?

WTF is a preppy argument btw?  I'll say what I want to whom on whichever forum, but thanks for the advice. 

Guest s0ftcore

Anyway mate to be honest, what can we do about it? someone will always take our seat at games, protesting gets us nowhere, Shepherd can sit in his office for the rest of his life and make millions as can his next of kibling and theirs, its business mate, we CAN do something but we need everyone behind us, everyone as in all the fans, hardly anyone buying products and going to games, but that wont happen. Right now we cant do anything, but just put up with what we have.

exactly my point, with an attitude like this nothing will change, jesus you "d think they were untouchable....look around the world mate and open your eyes to what can be achieved.

Barcelona - before the current chairman. They were waving white hankies all over the Camp Nou.

Not sure if 'resigned' is the right term but they had elections after that and Laporta took office.

Guest AceDeuce

You appear to be in Thailand.  What's your plan of action?  Become a ladyboy and entrap the chairman perhaps?

hmm san francisco?

castro village i guess...

Guest Gemmill

You appear to be in Thailand.  What's your plan of action?  Become a ladyboy and entrap the chairman perhaps?

hmm san francisco?

OMG you suggested cos I lived in San Francisco that I must be gay.  I AM SO INSULTED!  I'll be writing to my MP about this.

Guest AceDeuce

hmm san francisco?

OMG you suggested cos I lived in San Francisco that I must be gay.  I AM SO INSULTED!  I'll be writing to my MP about this.

ladyboy tbh

Guest Invicta_Toon

Barcelona - before the current chairman. They were waving white hankies all over the Camp Nou.

Not sure if 'resigned' is the right term but they had elections after that and Laporta took office.

The Barca president is exactly that though, an elected president, by the members, i.e. fans, of the club

Guest magpies_rawk

Ask anyone what springs to mind when they hear Thailand and a lot of people will mention Bangkok ladyboys ok? That's not an insult to Thailand, it's an association that people make based on the fact that Thailand has a well-known sex-trade. Is mentioning hamburgers in the same breath as America insulting as well?

WTF is a preppy argument btw? I'll say what I want to whom on whichever forum, but thanks for the advice.

haha...ok i'm sorry. live and let live. preppy = elementary

The Barca president is exactly that though, an elected president, by the members, i.e. fans, of the club

Yes, Barca is a bad example because they have a quite unique structure where fans elect the president every 3years I think. 

Guest thaitoon

Ask anyone what springs to mind when they hear Thailand and a lot of people will mention Bangkok ladyboys ok?  That's not an insult to Thailand, it's an association that people make based on the fact that Thailand has a well-known sex-trade.  Is mentioning hamburgers in the same breath as America insulting as well?

WTF is a preppy argument btw?  I'll say what I want to whom on whichever forum, but thanks for the advice. 

seeing as you know so much about the sex trade as you call it, could you clarify what % per populis actually work in the " industry"

and to immediately associate thailand/ bangkok with the sex industry is as about as insulting as you can get, which obviously rates your intellect as high as we are in the premiership.

Guest thaitoon

Criticise the players (assuming you saw the game) and management all you like.  But don't sit in Thailand and scoff at those that are going to the match, telling them where they are and aren't going wrong, thanks very much.

As for reacting to positives with negatives, is a thread entitled "thought as much" which then goes on to tell the paying fan how pathetic they are designed to be positive?  No?  Thought as much.

Thanks for the analysis of my "personal problems" though.  Perceptive stuff.

think you might find im critiscing SOME of the people on this site , whether they go to the match is incidental, not scoffing anyone but you at the moment, cus its mugs like you who havnt got the nowse, energy, commitment for a campaign that could rid us of the skirge fat fred is, now do something or shut the f**k up

Guest Gemmill

seeing as you know so much about the sex trade as you call it, could you clarify what % per populis actually work in the " industry"

and to immediately associate thailand/ bangkok with the sex industry is as about as insulting as you can get, which obviously rates your intellect as high as we are in the premiership.

I'll fix your quotes for you eh?  I'm pretty confident that I'm not the only person that would immediately associate Thailand/Bangkok with its sex industry.  Fuck me, there are tourists that go to Thailand specifically for that purpose.  I'll tell you something else I associate Thailand with - Thai brides.  I hope that doesn't cause you any great offence.

And no, I can't clarify what % per populace (yeah, if we're onto abusing people's intellect, you might want to learn to spell that word) works in the sex industry.  Nor do I need to to back up my belief that Thailand and Bangkok elicits a response in a lot of people which would reference their sex industry.

If I say Amsterdam, a lot of people would think "red light district".  Is that insulting?  No it's not, it's an association based on reputation and fact.  Tough shit if you don't like it.