The dealmakers

Liam Liam Liam O

Guest fading star

From a financial sense their work selling players has been nothing short of magnificent but until the squad is strengthened sufficiently in all areas how much money they rake in will mean nothing, especially if we go down. An open question... now why can't they run the club as successfully as they run the selling of players side of things?

Undoubtedly you're correct, but I'm praising them for one thing they seem to at least be doing a good job at.

I realise that goes against the grain on here. ???

It is their job though, to sell players for as much as they can possibly get for them. I'll continue to judge them on how successful or not the football team is as that's all I care about really and at current they're not doing a very good job on that front.

It’s easy to sell good players like Milner and Given. Even N’Zogbia for all his personality flaws is a saleable commodity. £6-7m is about his value in today’s market. The problem for Wise & Co will be when they have to sell Shola and Nolan to fund emergency repairs.

Who are we going to sell to fund this summer’s spending. Assuming we’ll be ‘strengthening’ again in the summer. Martins? Jonas? Bassong? Beye? Duff, he’d bring in at least £1.5m.

From a financial sense their work selling players has been nothing short of magnificent but until the squad is strengthened sufficiently in all areas how much money they rake in will mean nothing, especially if we go down. An open question... now why can't they run the club as successfully as they run the selling of players side of things?

Undoubtedly you're correct, but I'm praising them for one thing they seem to at least be doing a good job at.

It is their job though, to sell players for as much as they can possibly get for them. I'll continue to judge them on how successful or not the football team is as that's all I care about really and at current they're not doing a very good job on that front.

Its easy to sell good players like Milner and Given. Even NZogbia for all his personality flaws is a saleable commodity. £6-7m is about his value in todays market. The problem for Wise & Co will be when they have to sell Shola and Nolan to fund emergency repairs.

Who are we going to sell to fund this summers spending. Assuming well be strengthening again in the summer. Martins? Jonas? Bassong? Beye? Duff, hed bring in at least £1.5m.

Shit patter O0

Guest fading star

No. Positions have been entrenched  for a while. The Ashley apologists are just getting excited because we’ve signed Kevin Nolan . 

N'Zogbia's time here. Reconstructed by memory.

Brought into the side in 2005-2006 has a wonderful season. Goes to his head.

Media links him to Arsenal in the summer (young, French, talented, 2+2=5,) he believes it. Goes to his head.

Club buys Duff. Sensible move. We weren't about to let a 19 year old be our only recognized, and at the time Duff seemed like a crazy bargain.

2006-2007: Duff gets injured, Zog gets run. Is mostly s*** with some moments of brilliance.

Winter comes, starts making noises about wanting to leave.

Falls out with Roeder, barely plays for rest of season.

More want-away whinging in the summer.

2007/2008: Forced to alternate LW/LB because of Fat Sam's awkward 4-3-3. Scores a great goal at Boro and then disappears for the rest of the season. Keegan doesn't seem to rate him either.

Out-and-out whinging reaches a fever pitch in the off season. Leading to where we are today.

I will not remember him fondly.

Sounds about right to me...a legend in his own lunchtime was Charles Insomnia.

Its easy to sell good players like Milner and Given. Even NZogbia for all his personality flaws is a saleable commodity. £6-7m is about his value in todays market. The problem for Wise & Co will be when they have to sell Shola and Nolan to fund emergency repairs.

Who are we going to sell to fund this summers spending. Assuming well be strengthening again in the summer. Martins? Jonas? Bassong? Beye? Duff, hed bring in at least £1.5m.

Hadn't they agreed a £2.5m fee for Shola in the summer only for the Georide Boy (c Alan Oliver) to turn the move down? Not a bad fee for a player who had barely playerd due to injury for the best part of two years and was out of contract in a year