Roeder on SKy site

Dunedin

isnt it ironic that the away game at city was Soumess's last game...Could well come full circle...

But im very worried as there is no obvious replacement..Ranieri? Hitzfeld?

I'd be even more dissapointed if we got Curbishley!

mackems.gif

I don't know if you rate Ranieri or not, but he made a play for the job prior to Shepherd obeying the wishes of the fans and appointing Roeder.

You really think World Class managers like Ranieri and Hitzfeld want to manage a club that is now currently in a relegation battle?

I know Ranieri did in Spring because he said so. That's what I'm getting at.

Joke, obviously. I don't know what Ranieri is like as a manager but seeing as he's managed the likes of Chelsea and Valencia, I thought he's atleast a half decent manager who wouldn't even think twice about managing a relegation-bound club, let alone be interested in one.

" a half decent manager who wouldn't even think twice about managing a relegation-bound club"

no a manager with intelligence would look depper than that.  NUFC are hardly a small time club.  A manager whos been in the premiership would know that nufc are capable of being a top 5 club.

However he might also have the sense to not get involved with fatty.

Guest Ridzuan

Becareful guys.Roeder might use his brain tumor problem as a way to gain sympathetic vote to keep his job.He said:

"Glenn Roeder has stood up all his life and he will always stay standing up whatever happens to him," he vowed, having fought his way back to health following a brain tumour.

"Three-and-a-half years ago, I was flat on my back. I am standing up now, and it is great to get out of bed every day.

"I am not happy - really unhappy - with this situation. It is not nice - but it needs someone with broad shoulders; it needs players with broad shoulders.

"They must not stand behind me - I will not let them stand behind me - they have to stand alongside me and come out fighting."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_1659936,00.html

" a half decent manager who wouldn't even think twice about managing a relegation-bound club"

no a manager with intelligence would look depper than that.  NUFC are hardly a small time club.  A manager whos been in the premiership would know that nufc are capable of being a top 5 club.

However he might also have the sense to not get involved with fatty.

the last part is the reason why no half decent manager would look at newcastle. look what the fat one did to SBR .

that is the way most managers will look at the job here.