U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest Know_All

Think we've rumbled 'Know_Alls' cover, Kezmen. He hasn't returned since! So he's either big fat burly 'Teeth Girl' chasing security guard at the academy, or the little anger baldy dwarf who hates Kezmens security guard of the tunnel at the stadium.

You are absoultely nowhere near the mark guys

:iamatwat:

:shifty:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ah nee worries, if you are genuine 'insider' of the academy, probably best you don't blow your cover. Not that anyone really important reads this thread, surely? Just share what you know and help me get Football Manager 11 spot on!

Confirm this year's group of lads moving from U16s to U18s?

Currently have it as:

Lee Ryan-Toland

Alex Nicholson

Remie Streete

Michael Hoganson

Dennis Knight

Jamie Smith

Steven Logan

Marcus Maddison

Scott Mould

Wasn't sure about Alex Baird, think he's at Derby now.

---

With the overall squad looking like this (guess work for FM11)

Newcastle United Reserve/Youth Team 2010/11

Goalkeepers

Jak Alnwick

Ben Robinson

Jamie Smith

Defenders

RB - Patrick Nzuzi

RB/CB - James Tavernier

RB/CB - Lee Ryan-Toland

CB - Jeff Henderson

CB - Stephen Folan

CB - Remi Streete

CB - Scott Mould

LB - Paul Dummett

LB - Alex Nicholson

Midfielders

RW - Michael McCrudden

CM - Bradden Inman

CM/DM - Greg McDermott

CM/ST - Ryan McGorrigan

CM/DM - Andy Mogwo

CM/DM - Patrick McLaughlin

CM - Ryan Page

CM - Conor Newton

LW - Shane Ferguson

LW/ST - Aaron Spear

Attackers

RW/ST - Samuel Adjei

LW/ST - Samuel Ameobi

RW/ST - Phil Airey

AM/ST - Haris Vuckic

ST - Dan Taylor

ST - Billy Ions

ST - Michael Hoganson

ST - Marcus Maddison

ST - Dennis Knight

Guest Know_All

The only ones i know are

Dennis Knight

Alex Nicholson

Stephen Logan

Lee Toland

Remi Streete will still be an under 16

And a couple of others who arn't very good

You will probably find the 18's wont do very well this season as the new first years and the current second years bar one or two are not that good

I think they will struggle. So don't expect them to win that many games or see any good entertaining football.

If you go to the academy and reserve games alot, which i know you do, then you will know last season they decided to play more 3rd years and younger pros (4th years if you like) instead of 2nd years in the reserves because of the youth cup. Most of those are not there anymore so the reserve games will become alot better to watch and most probably you will see them win alot of games.

You don't realise how good last years 2nd years actually were. Or do you?

Some of them will be involved in the pre-season friendlies in some way.

Guest Know_All

You can take out Micky Mcrudden, he's been released too

and add

Tozer, Donaldson, Grieve, Leadbitter, Edmundsen, Lua Lua, Soderburg all for the reserves.

Most of the 3rd years wont play much under 18 football, if any at all and most of the under 18's arn't good enough to play reserves

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The only ones i know are

Dennis Knight

Alex Nicholson

Stephen Logan

Lee Toland

Remi Streete will still be an under 16

And a couple of others who arn't very good

You will probably find the 18's wont do very well this season as the new first years and the current second years bar one or two are not that good

I think they will struggle. So don't expect them to win that many games or see any good entertaining football.

If you go to the academy and reserve games alot, which i know you do, then you will know last season they decided to play more 3rd years and younger pros (4th years if you like) instead of 2nd years in the reserves because of the youth cup. Most of those are not there anymore so the reserve games will become alot better to watch and most probably you will see them win alot of games.

You don't realise how good last years 2nd years actually were. Or do you?

Some of them will be involved in the pre-season friendlies in some way.

No we realise how good they were compared to the normal batch that have came through the last 2-3 years (that I've been watching), as we actually got excited about them for once. Well aware that we played the older side of the youth contract too, 1st year pros hardly got a game (Aaron Spear, Ryan Page, Liam Henderson) which bugged me trying to research them for Football Manager (which is why some of them are a bit generic).

Expect to see Inman and Vuckic involved in the pre-season games, they were there abouts last season too. Tavernier should get a nod too, though don't rate him as much as binnsy. If Paul Dummett can mentally grow, I'd like to see him given a chance, but at the moment he's very rash and a bit 'Steven Taylor-esque', but he's hardworking and rarely see him lose a header.

Not sure Adjei's ready for a step up to 1st team fringes, nothing in Adjei that we don't have in Kazenga LuaLua (who can't make the team at the moment).

Interested to see how Dennis Knight does as he's been pretty decent throughout his development - though I think they're dropping him into midfield?

No worries about Remie Streete, he's too young for Football Manager this year anyway and is marked 'Not for Extraction' along with Michael Hoganson.

You can take out Micky Mcrudden, he's been released too

and add

Tozer, Donaldson, Grieve, Leadbitter, Edmundsen, Lua Lua, Soderburg all for the reserves.

Most of the 3rd years wont play much under 18 football, if any at all and most of the under 18's arn't good enough to play reserves

Aye, the list I posted was mainly Youth into Reserves, didn't include players who were already reserves. But wasn't sure about McCrudden though, so thats useful I'll get that sorted for FM.

Guest Know_All

I would probably agree with you on who's involved with the 1st team this season

Vuckic, Inman and Tavernier are the only ones who will be anywhere near to getting a game in pre-season but i dont expect any others will.

In fact those 3 most likely wont get a game when the season starts and may just get the odd chance to sit on the bench with the likes of Ranger, Donaldson, Tozer and Ferguson.

In fact i reckon these 7 along with Lua Lua are the ones who might go out on loan at some stage of the season because there doesn't seem to be many resreve games this season at all.

And personally i think Dennis Knight only problem is his effort and temperament otherwise he is a very good player, but have the feeling he could just get too big for his boots.......but we'll see....

Guest Know_All

Howay Know_All, where you getting all this from, and are you on a register?

Because i know it all is true........

Whats the problem? Thought you guys wanted to know a bit truth and not just rumours?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Reserves in British football has been dying for a number of years - just too much 'money' to lose when someone gets injured. I'm an advocate for the loan system anyway. Benefits the players getting real football; benefits the parent team as the player is getting full nurturing and development in a 1st team environment, and helps the club taking them on loan (naturally).

Much better than being developed in a reserve league with no motivation other than to earn a contract extension.

Know_All: Whats the name of the Academy Keeper coach? Been trying to find out for about 8 months now and failed, its doing my head in.

Chris .... ?

Whats the problem? Thought you guys wanted to know a bit truth and not just rumours?

Ho'way man, don't go back to old habits of trying to gain internet fame. Most of what you said is things we sorta knew already!

Guest Heneage

I'm just curious how you know all of this. Normally ITK is followed by an explanation of how you know it.

How far back does your knowledge go? Wonder if you know a lad who I went to school with who was in the academy.

As for the reserve system I'd like to see the Dutch and Spanish method of 'Ajax II' and Jong Ajax being two separate teams.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm just curious how you know all of this. Normally ITK is followed by an explanation of how you know it.

How far back does your knowledge go? Wonder if you know a lad who I went to school with who was in the academy.

As for the reserve system I'd like to see the Dutch and Spanish method of 'Ajax II' and Jong Ajax being two separate teams.

They'd have to start at the bottom of the pyramid though and would be really unfair to those Unibond players coming up against Future Pros!  :laugh:

Would kill lower league football. Bad idea.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Who says it will kill the lower leagues?I think it will only help English talent.

Not sure about that, the reason they do it in Spain and Holland is that there aren't that many teams at the lower leagues. Where as England as near on 14 levels (with countless sub divisions within the levels) full of amateur/semi-pro teams.

For you to drop a team of Premier League Professionals in that is going to disrupt and unbalance the divisions. It'll be fun for a while, but it'll be dishearten when they Billy Painter gets thrashed by Haris Vuckic and his mates (as an example). Just no need for it. It might help the development of pros, but you'd see countless grassroots club just give up shop, which would only hinder English Football in the long haul.

Coaches having less teams to develop their practice at. Less options for Ex-Pros, or youngsters that didn't make it to work their way back up too.

Who says it will kill the lower leagues?I think it will only help English talent.

It would ruin the clubs in the lower leagues and competitiveness, would totally fuck over the fans of clubs in these leagues as well.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Former Toon youth player Mark Bertram seems to be doing something for the Toon these days (only 20), think its just football in the community or something. He was doing the same 1st Aid Course as me today, a guy called Andrew Dobie was there too - though didn't recognise the name/face.

Former Toon youth player Mark Bertram seems to be doing something for the Toon these days (only 20), think its just football in the community or something. He was doing the same 1st Aid Course as me today, a guy called Andrew Dobie was there too - though didn't recognise the name/face.

Why didn't you ask him what he was doing?

Just ask man, that's how I used to get a fair bit of info.

When Robbie Elliott and Mark Hulse joined I just went and stood by the dugout at a pre season game and asked them what their roles were.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

When Robbie Elliott and Mark Hulse joined I just went and stood by the dugout at a pre season game and asked them what their roles were.

"Robbie! ROBBIE!"

"Aye?"

"What the fuck do you do? Fucking hell man."

"Robbie! ROBBIE!"

"Aye?"

"What the fuck do you do? Fucking hell man."

Haha it wasn't quite like that, ended up chatting to him for a good 10 minutes.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Going to try it at the reserve games, since the dug outs are on the crowd side at Whitley Park. See if I can finally found out that bloody GK Coach's surname - knew there was something I should have asked Bertram!

Bertram briefly appeared for Gateshead in pre-season of 08/09 just after he'd been released by Newcastle. He then resurfaced at Northumbria Uni playing for Team Northumbria in the Northern League.

They seem to be basing their setup on the USA College system whereby you play for their team and get a funded education at the same time. A few other ex NUFC Reserve/Youths have appeared for them in recent times, Dean Critchlow? and I think Kieron Wrightson maybe there now.