Shay Given - Games are running out for Newcastle

NG32

Some absolute pricks in this thread, I know you are entitled to your own opinion and all, but stuff like this makes me realise how fickle and rubbish Newcastle fans generally are and that we probably deserve Championship football. :(

Its nowt to do with being fickle, I hated Bellamy before Newcastle, supported him here and now hate him again.  We should support players at our team and our team only.

Some absolute pricks in this thread, I know you are entitled to your own opinion and all, but stuff like this makes me realise how fickle and rubbish Newcastle fans generally are and that we probably deserve Championship football. :(

Newcastle fans are the most loyal, please dont call them fickle or rubbish.

Most people on here are pissed off that some players including Given were allowed to desert before the premiership season was saved.

That is perfectly understandable.

Most people on here are pissed off that some players including Given were allowed to desert before the premiership season was saved.

How are Newcastle fans more loyal than anyone else when we have seen Man City for instance filling out their stadium in Division 2.  Imo it is dellusional to suggest we are the best when a 10 year servant of the club giving everything he has got every game is called a coward for taking an opportunity he may not get again, at his stage in his carear.  Good luck to him, we have a more than able replacement. 

How are Newcastle fans more loyal than anyone else when we have seen Man City for instance filling out their stadium in Division 2.  Imo it is dellusional to suggest we are the best when a 10 year servant of the club giving everything he has got every game is called a coward for taking an opportunity he may not get again, at his stage in his carear.  Good luck to him, we have a more than able replacement. 

I think you should have a closer look at Man City attendances from fairly recent times mate, if memory serves correctly...

I think you should have a closer look at Man City attendances from fairly recent times mate, if memory serves correctly...

They can't even fill their stadium in the PL.  :laugh2:

I'm sure they were one of the worst culprits for giving us the "where were you when you were shit?" rubbish when we were decent a few years back and I'm sure that they themselves had some really, really shocking attendances in fairly recent times to that.

Neither can we, if memory serves correctly...

Neither can we, if memory serves correctly...

I wasn't saying we're the best fans in the league either though...

Just saying Man City fans aren't very good.

Whether or not Man city have hugely more potential than us is debatable but Shay obviously thinks they do. as someone else said, he was one of the few players that we had over the period who gave 100% in every game, and he saved our bacon more than a couple of times. How is Shay getting this much stick when the Nzogbia situation has been forgotten about by most fans? He was a loyal servant who decided (in my opinion quite fairly) that he wanted to go to a club where he can win something after newcastle have massive failed to live up to expectations