NUFC Shirts

NE5

Guest toonlass

I would love to know from anyone who is actively boycotting the club shops etc, where they think the money to run our club comes from. If they believe that they are going to do Newcastle United any good by boycotting their merchandise then I think they are seriously deluded. Its basically cutting their noses off to spite their faces. Mike Ashley only has a finite amount of money. The money we put into the club does make a difference. Unless I am mistaken Mike Ashley has not been lining his pockets out of NUFC revenue so why stop buying merchandise from the shop?

good job 50,000 people didn't continue supporting the likes of McKeag, Seymour etc

This IS your point ? I don't want to buy anything from Sports Direct.com but on the other hand I still watch the team as I always. It is at least one area where as "customers" we can go somewhere else.

I have the power to lock this thread BTW  ;D

Pardon me? It has nowt to do with Seymour and McKeag and if you feel that strongly about it all then chuck in your season ticket. I am sure that no-one at St James' will miss you tbh. Its a tad hypocrital to say you won't buy a shirt from the club shop but have no problems whacking 500 notes in Ashley's direction, no?

I am not saying you should buy anything from Sports Direct. Personally that is your choice, as that will directly line Mike Ashley's pockets.

I am asking why people think boycotting our club of revenue from merchandise is a good idea considering the person you are attempting to hurt financially is not taking money out of the club. Ok you don't agree with his management style, but do you honestly believe that depriving our club of a propotion of money that could be used for transfers/players wages/the wages of backroom and office staff is a good idea? Do you think Mike Ashley will direct money towards transfer fees etc if he has to put money in to cover general costs? Which should be the priority, the bills which cover the costs of running the club or bringing in new players? Seriously don't buy anything at all from Sports Direct if you don't want to, but depriving the club of cash because you "don't like the owner" is a stupid idea.

I would love to know from anyone who is actively boycotting the club shops etc, where they think the money to run our club comes from. If they believe that they are going to do Newcastle United any good by boycotting their merchandise then I think they are seriously deluded. Its basically cutting their noses off to spite their faces. Mike Ashley only has a finite amount of money. The money we put into the club does make a difference. Unless I am mistaken Mike Ashley has not been lining his pockets out of NUFC revenue so why stop buying merchandise from the shop?

good job 50,000 people didn't continue supporting the likes of McKeag, Seymour etc

This IS your point ? I don't want to buy anything from Sports Direct.com but on the other hand I still watch the team as I always. It is at least one area where as "customers" we can go somewhere else.

Pardon me? It has nowt to do with Seymour and McKeag and if you feel that strongly about it all then chuck in your season ticket. I am sure that no-one at St James' will miss you tbh. Its a tad hypocrital to say you won't buy a shirt from the club shop but have no problems whacking 500 notes in Ashley's direction, no?

I am not saying you should buy anything from Sports Direct. Personally that is your choice, as that will directly line Mike Ashley's pockets.

I am asking why people think boycotting our club of revenue from merchandise is a good idea considering the person you are attempting to hurt financially is not taking money out of the club. Ok you don't agree with his management style, but do you honestly believe that depriving our club of a propotion of money that could be used for transfers/players wages/the wages of backroom and office staff is a good idea? Do you think Mike Ashley will direct money towards transfer fees etc if he has to put money in to cover general costs? Which should be the priority, the bills which cover the costs of running the club or bringing in new players? Seriously don't buy anything at all from Sports Direct if you don't want to, but depriving the club of cash because you "don't like the owner" is a stupid idea.

Here we go, here we go, here we go, here we go, here we goooooooooooo!!!

Guest toonlass

I would love to hear from anyone who can genuinely explain a good reason for boycotting the club's merchandise. What do they think it will gain?

I would love to hear from anyone who can genuinely explain a good reason for boycotting the club's merchandise. What do they think it will gain?

I boycotted buying anything from the club in the 06/07 season because of Shepherd. He WAS taking money out of the club- our money, my money- that was clear.

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/

Never had a single problem with these guys, i have used about 200£ this month on old newcastle/inter shirts and stuff.

do you know why some of the same shirts are different prices ? I'm looking at the 93-95 home top ?

Because there is different quality, "excellent", "very good", "good" etc, its the condition of the shirts

ah, the cheaper ones are tatty rubbish that will shrink in the wash  :coolsmiley: