Atmosphere for Boro.

Guest Milburnthedog

Guest toonlass

They should get Joey Barton, Shola, Cacapa and Nacho into the centre circle and ask the crowd what they think of them. Then just as things are getting tasty, hoy Michael "I only need one chance" Owen and Coloccini on too, just for good measure. That should get some anger going.

It's not anger we need it's unswerving, loud vocal support from start to finish.

Any kind of reaction from the comotosed lot would be nice. Anger will do fine for me if it means that the volume of vocal support is turned up a level.

They should get Joey Barton, Shola, Cacapa and Nacho into the centre circle and ask the crowd what they think of them. Then just as things are getting tasty, hoy Michael "I only need one chance" Owen and Coloccini on too, just for good measure. That should get some anger going.

It's not anger we need it's unswerving, loud vocal support from start to finish.

Any kind of reaction from the comotosed lot would be nice. Anger will do fine for me if it means that the volume of vocal support is turned up a level.

Do you want to explain to me how anger directed at the players is going to come across as "vocal support"?

I agree with the gist of your post that there are far too many bandwagon merchants who don't know how to support a team that is playing shite and are low on confidence. Perhaps they should listen to a tape of our game at Stoke as I thought their support was superb. Loud, constant and unswerving, that's why they've got one of the best home records in the division.

Guest toonlass

Do you want to explain to me how anger directed at the players is going to come across as "vocal support"?

I agree with the gist of your post that there are far too many bandwagon merchants who don't know how to support a team that is playing shite and are low on confidence. Perhaps they should listen to a tape of our game at Stoke as I thought their support was superb. Loud, constant and unswerving, that's why they've got one of the best home records in the division.

I am just saying any kind of reaction would be nice. There are too many in that ground who sit there like they are at the theatre, never make a sound. No passion, no nothing from them. I agree that we need to be right behind our team, but there are far too many people there who will not sing, will not chant, will not do anything.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Didn't someone say the Longsands had been approached to play btw?

Yes i did,  they were asked to play at HT,  i'm out on Thursday night with 2 of the band so can confirm whether or not they're doing it.

I hope they don't play at half-time, or I'm going home, they're rubbish. I don't think downbeat indie shite's going to get the crowd whipped into a frenzy.

can we not get some kind of ridiculously aggressive band to play to give everybody a total bloodlust?! Bit of metal or something, lets get AC/DC in, they're on tour and the Brian Johnson's a Geordie. Imagine AC/DC at half-time?! What a belta!

Yes i did,  they were asked to play at HT,  i'm out on Thursday night with 2 of the band so can confirm whether or not they're doing it.

I hope they don't play at half-time, or I'm going home, they're rubbish. I don't think downbeat indie shite's going to get the crowd whipped into a frenzy.

can we not get some kind of ridiculously aggressive band to play to give everybody a total bloodlust?! Bit of metal or something, lets get AC/DC in, they're on tour and the Brian Johnson's a Geordie. Imagine AC/DC at half-time?! What a belta!

Have to agree with the bit in bold. Toss band imho.

/good luck to them if they do it though

//anything's better than cheerleaders. O0

I hope they don't play at half-time, or I'm going home, they're rubbish. I don't think downbeat indie s****'s going to get the crowd whipped into a frenzy.

From speaking to Trevor, the singer, he said the club wanted them to play their version of the Blaydon races at HT. 

It gets played every week when the team comes out for the 2nd half and the club were planning on selling the CD in the club, i'd imagine its the clubs way of advertising the song before it goes on sale.  Not sure how its going to work getting drum kit etc set up on the pitch in the short space of time and how it'll sound thru the crap PA system at SJP.

The Longsands aren't playing now on monday,  it was going to be too much hassle to sort out to play at HT and the club are now doing some type of presentation for the Falcons at HT.