Replacements for your overpaid overhyped players

GG

Where's this assumption that were going to replace Harper coming from?

dont know...but i wouldn´t mind if we sold him....but only if krul or some of our younger keepers are ready for the challenge....which i know nothing about!

Guest Wally_McFool

I would take a punt on bringing Lua Lua back for 2 reasons.

First one is that he can play with Ameobi (who I feel will not be offloaded... unfortunately)

Second one is that he may help to bring the best out of young Kazenga

There's a whole crapload of Korean senior internationals that I could see doing a brilliant job in the Championship, the Korean league is pretty much a mirror image of the Championship in style and quality and I think many, many of our players could do very well.

Kim from West Brom is at the top of that list, accompanied by Seol from Fulham (on loan in the Saudi League at the moment,) and Lee Young-Pyo, late of Tottenham and currently at Dortmund who looks set for a return to South Korea in the summer unless somebody else comes in for him. Cho Jae-Jin, who we almost bought two winters ago, would be a horrible Premiership player but has the right style to dominate in the Championship. Even domestically in the Korean Leagues I think there would be 4~5 players I would love to see us taking a chance on.

But going beyond just Koreans, we should definitely have an eye on bringing in established internationals from the smaller footballing nations. There are no doubt many players in places like Scandinavia, East Asia, or North America who are desperate for a move to Europe and would come much cheaper than the best English players in the Championship, and with a bigger upside to boot. (Skeljbred falls into this school of thought as well.) If anything, our scouts should see relegation as an opportunity to further expand our range of signings, as opposed to just playing it safe and buying English/Scottish/Irish.