North Tyneside Youth Football Tournament (29th July-2nd Aug)

Guest Geordiesned

Guest Geordiesned

The 25th annual North Tyneside Youth Football Tournament takes place next week on Churchill Playing Fields and Hillheads in Whitley Bay.

Always enjoy watching as much of this as possible. Unfortunately thanks to the advent of the youth team academies you don't get the professional clubs putting their bairns in anymore. I've seen Man Utd, Newcastle, the Mackems, the Smoggies and Ajax over the years. These days it's more about the local boys clubs like Wallsend, Cramlington, Whitley Bay and Walker Central. You do still get the odd Irish side taking part and there's normally a few American teams although they're normally just in the lasses.

The French were a big miss last year as well as their games generally ended in fights!  >:D

This is the official website for anyone that's interested:

http://www.northtyneside.gov.uk/tournament.shtml?p_subjectCategory=824

It's got maps showing the pitches and all the fixtures listed.

You going to be refereeing again this year PM?

Seems a perfect opportunity to remind everyone of the classic line Mosley came out with when I spotted him there last year: 

"I'll be doing some under 14 girls next"

:lol:

The 25th annual North Tyneside Youth Football Tournament takes place next week on Churchill Playing Fields and Hillheads in Whitley Bay.

Always enjoy watching as much of this as possible. Unfortunately thanks to the advent of the youth team academies you don't get the professional clubs putting their bairns in anymore. I've seen Man Utd, Newcastle, the Mackems, the Smoggies and Ajax over the years. These days it's more about the local boys clubs like Wallsend, Cramlington, Whitley Bay and Walker Central. You do still get the odd Irish side taking part and there's normally a few American teams although they're normally just in the lasses.

The French were a big miss last year as well as their games generally ended in fights!  >:D

This is the official website for anyone that's interested:

http://www.northtyneside.gov.uk/tournament.shtml?p_subjectCategory=824

It's got maps showing the pitches and all the fixtures listed.

You going to be refereeing again this year PM?

Seems a perfect opportunity to remind everyone of the classic line Mosley came out with when I spotted him there last year: 

"I'll be doing some under 14 girls next"

:lol:

PM all over that is. He's a machine.

Used to love playing in this and watching it when I was a youngun. Seen Sir Bobby, Carver, Warren Barton amongst others down there watching over the years.

I remember me and the lads would always go and watch the American lasses warming up!, they were usually fit as fuck and like nothing we had ever seen before.

Used to love playing in this and watching it when I was a youngun. Seen Sir Bobby, Carver, Warren Barton amongst others down there watching over the years.

I remember me and the lads would always go and watch the American lasses warming up!, they were usually fit as fuck and like nothing we had ever seen before.

Yet now you're content to settle with the deformed Shell Jubin?

Guest Geordiesned

Nice touch today. After the news of Sir Bobby came through every single game that kicked off after that observed a minute's silence prior to kick off.

Nice touch today. After the news of Sir Bobby came through every single game that kicked off after that observed a minute's silence prior to kick off.

That was all pretty much an unofficial thing.  There'll be an official silence before each final.

Incidentally I'm reffing the U16 Girls Final at Hillheads tomorrow at 6.15.  No comments please :lol:

Guest Geordiesned

I saw you running the line this afternoon in an under 18 match. I'm not seeing any tomorrow. In the pub all day for an Ashes drinkathon! :)