The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Incidentally, as I have suspected all along, Leo Messi's father has finally been revealed to be Peter Beardsley

http://estaticos03.marca.com/imagenes/2010/04/14/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1271199619_0.jpg

For all his millions, I don't know why Messi still insists on cutting his own hair.

Absolutely gutted.

I thought a draw was just about right. We were very good for 20 minutes, then absolute cack, then vaguely better again. You were solid but unspectacular for 90 minutes.

Neither teams played particularly well, though, and for us the wheels haven't just falled off, they've rolled down to the bottom of a very steep hill.

I'd swap MON for Moyes in the summer.

A draw was probably fair but after being ahead twice, especially as the away side, I'm pissed off not to hold on for the 3 points. There were about five individual errors by our players for the equaliser too. Bloody frustrating.

I think you're doing us a discredit saying we were just solid though.

Both teams had periods of domination but I felt that whenever we were on top, we were playing more attractive passing football than Villa were in their spells. Some of the stuff we played from about 15mins gone until half time was top quality.

I like Piatti for Almeria, seems a livewire, what's the views of him in Spain? Is he expected to move on to a better team in the summer? Looks a bit lightweight for the Prem, but think he could prosper in a mid-table team in Spain

I like Piatti for Almeria, seems a livewire, what's the views of him in Spain? Is he expected to move on to a better team in the summer? Looks a bit lightweight for the Prem, but think he could prosper in a mid-table team in Spain

Actually I was about to post that if you are watching the game keep an eye on Piatti. Not linked to moves yet but he's one of the half a dozen of "New Messis" that come out that place every year and has done well for Almería. Great workrate.

Both teams had periods of domination but I felt that whenever we were on top, we were playing more attractive passing football than Villa were in their spells. Some of the stuff we played from about 15mins gone until half time was top quality.

I'd agree with that.

Guest kingdawson

Almería are such an entertaining side under Lillo, for both good and bad reasons :)

Is Albert Crusat usually this good?

Almería are such an entertaining side under Lillo, for both good and bad reasons :)

Is Albert Crusat usually this good?

He was promising, but turned out to be pretty average. He seems to have found his place at Almería though, he's one of their more important players.

All Madrid right now, guess they'll score any moment.

good finish vdv. only been watching since ht, almeria look really dynamic going forward.

Classic Lillo team. Die fighting.

Well wasn't expecting Madrid to drop points here, think we'll probably need to win 5 of our remaining 6 tbh. La Liga is utterly hopeless this year. If this keeps up we should just play a couple Clásicos next year and 30 friendlies in China and Singapore.

Guest palnese

MCFC: Given, Onouha, Toure, Kompany, Bridge, De Jong, Barry, A Johnson, Bellamy, Tevez, Adebayor.

MUFC: VDS, Neville, Evans, Vidic, Evra, Fletch, Gibson, Scholes, Giggs, Valencia, Rooney.

Come on City!

Guest kingdawson

MCFC: Given, Onouha, Toure, Kompany, Bridge, De Jong, Barry, A Johnson, Bellamy, Tevez, Adebayor.

MUFC: VDS, Neville, Evans, Vidic, Evra, Fletch, Gibson, Scholes, Giggs, Valencia, Rooney.

Come on City!

FFS City are winning this.