binnsy

Mackems will have had more than that at some point

44,448 v Burnley in 2007 (their average that season was 31,000)

If we can get 50k plus at some point it'll probably be the first time since Man U in the 70s there's been a +50k attendance outside of the top flight.

What crowds were Man U getting that season?

I.e. the average crowd and the highest crowd?

Their average was 48,389. Don't know what the high and low was.

Btw, we already hold the record (probably the world record) for the highest average attendance outside the top flight of 56,283 in 47/48.

caller on the legends rekons people were locked out and turned away on weds night. He says the cash turnstiles were closed and people were sent home. He also said some people saw the size of the ques and just turned around. i klnow where i was sitting (L7) people were coming in for most of the first half, and there was lots of argy bargy over people sitting in others seats.

if it had beebn better organised, maybe we could have got near 50k. either way, what people need to realise is you have to get there very early when theres cash turnstiles, and someone needs to persuade the club to KO at 8pm.

Guest WashyGeordie

caller on the legends rekons people were locked out and turned away on weds night. He says the cash turnstiles were closed and people were sent home. He also said some people saw the size of the ques and just turned around. i klnow where i was sitting (L7) people were coming in for most of the first half, and there was lots of argy bargy over people sitting in others seats.

if it had beebn better organised, maybe we could have got near 50k. either way, what people need to realise is you have to get there very early when theres cash turnstiles, and someone needs to persuade the club to KO at 8pm.

Or they could just buy a ticket (via the box office) tbf.

Maybe people are working and by the time they get chance to call the box office, it is closed/busy.

TBF, people would have known it wasnt going to be a sell out and just gone up looking to pay on the day but the club wasnt prepared, whats new though, ay?

fair comment, however many people who did to collect on the night missed 20 mins of game due to ques co;;ecting tickets,.Like me these people dont want to make 2 or more trips into town for a match,...just want to go on the night and pay.

Guest WashyGeordie

Maybe people are working and by the time they get chance to call the box office, it is closed/busy.

TBF, people would have known it wasnt going to be a sell out and just gone up looking to pay on the day but the club wasnt prepared, whats new though, ay?

Ayeee.

I wasn't really picking, just adding, as just getting a ticket in advance will avoid waiting in a 20-40 minute queue for cash turnstiles but people could of done like you say.

I'll also add, that if people got turned away, or just didnt bother queue'ing, i wonder how many actually did, as the attendance was already superb, so i wonder if the attendance could of been abit/alot higher..

Guest Brummiemag

Mackems will have had more than that at some point

44,448 v Burnley in 2007 (their average that season was 31,000)

If we can get 50k plus at some point it'll probably be the first time since Man U in the 70s there's been a +50k attendance outside of the top flight.

What crowds were Man U getting that season?

I.e. the average crowd and the highest crowd?

Their average was 48,389. Don't know what the high and low was.

Btw, we already hold the record (probably the world record) for the highest average attendance outside the top flight of 56,283 in 47/48.

Yes and I think I'm right in stating that when we set that record average attendance of 56,283 in 1947/48 in the 2nd division, it set a new English record as the highest average attendance for any division ever, including the top division, at that point in time. It stayed as the record until Man U beat it in the 1960's.

I also think I read somewhere that the same season we had an average crowd for the reserves of approx 15,000!

Continue the form against Huddersfield and i think it'll probably be a very similar crowd for Leicester. It is a Monday night so i doubt it'd be quite near the 50k mark - but i'm positive it will do eventually.