Our midfield

Guest rosstoon

Remember when Barton was slating Lampard over his book and saying he was more dedicated than him? Embarrassing tbh

That is parked right next to K.Dyer giving it large to the press about himself & him V Paul Scholes. Later that day Scholes whacked 3 past us.

tbf barton was half right. the idea of some boring footballer releasing an autobiog when barely half way through a career is annoying in the extreme. remember rooney and owen releasing them when barely (if even) in their twenties.

Remember when Barton was slating Lampard over his book and saying he was more dedicated than him? Embarrassing tbh

That is parked right next to K.Dyer giving it large to the press about himself & him V Paul Scholes. Later that day Scholes whacked 3 past us.

I'm pretty sure that after the 2-1 game during 03-04, Scholes has scored more than Dyer at SJP  :lol:

tbf barton was half right. the idea of some boring footballer releasing an autobiog when barely half way through a career is annoying in the extreme. remember rooney and owen releasing them when barely (if even) in their twenties.

Barton was pretty funny. They already had books out, and were bringing out updates. He said something along the lines of "what's it going to say? p.s. did shit at the world cup". Didn't go down too well mind :lol:

Guest Heneage

Which is one space away from Sky claiming Man United were willing to put £20m bid in.

I'm pretty sure that after the 2-1 game during 03-04, Scholes has scored more than Dyer at SJP

Aye, I am sure  people used to put out that stat a few years backs.

Which is one space away from Sky claiming Man United were willing to put £20m bid in.

I remember speaking to Shola at the time in Legends & he told me that Man Utd had bid for Dyer. Not sure of the numbers like but £20 million would of been deal or steal of century.

Our midfield has found its level in the Championship. If we were to get promoted most of them would need replaced ofr we'd come back down again.

I couldnt agree more and honestly think we have started so well because most of the players that are left have found there natural level in the CCC

Nolan,Smith,Shola,Taylor,Enrique,Jonas,Butt,Guthrie all good at this level but damn awful in the premier league Colocinni needs to sign for Darlington to realise his level...if we were to go up this squad needs drastic overhaul and huge investment otherwise its straight back down

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I just remember Barton saying something along the lines of 'I do 5 mile runs at 6am, Lampard isn't as dedicated as me'. Lampard said he'd been doing that since when Barton was in nappies. I've gained a lot of respect for Lampard recently because although it's easy to hate ostentatious, overpaid, preening footballer types, he is as good  a professional as I've seen and has consistently been an excellent performer of late. I couldn't see him decking a bloke over Phil Collins put it that way. Oh sorry, I meant that DJ was repeatedly headbutting Gerrard's fist obviously.

I do like Barton as a player but I'd be amazed if he worked anywhere near as hard as Lampard does. Both were decent players at 22, however there's a reason that one was absolutely world class by 27 while the other is has only just barely improved

Guest Heneage

I remember speaking to Shola at the time in Legends & he told me that Man Utd had bid for Dyer. Not sure of the numbers like but £20 million would of been deal or steal of century.

If it were anything close to £20m Freddy would have sold.