Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colocho's problem is doing nothing about it = being perfectly happy/acceptable

Tbh, I'd rather appear to be a troublemaker/doom-monger etc by the ever-critical and apathetic members of this board, than do/say nothing and let stuff like this happen without some kind of stand. Fortunately, I know a lot of like-minded people who are a pleasure to work with on things like this.

Colocho's solution is to spread these unfounded rumours around as much as possible.

Cannot believe he represents me in anything.

Colocho's solution is to spread these unfounded rumours around as much as possible.

This will happen behind the scenes, and if true, the club will need to keep it as quiet as possible. We know this is just a rumour, but what if it is true? Would it be better to put our fingers in our ears and do nothing? I personally believe that publicising these rumours, having people speak out against such plans - whilst contacting the club, seeing where they stand is the most proactive route to take.

For arguments sake, lets say the rumours are true. Once it is up, they’ll say its not financially plausible to take it down. We need to get some more information about this installation and enough voices together to urge the club not to go ahead with it (if there are such plans).

What would you do?

I'm sure writing a letter will stop any plans that they have.

What would you do?

This will happen behind the scenes, and if true, the club will need to keep it as quiet as possible. We know this is just a rumour, but what if it is true? Would it be better to put our fingers in our ears and do nothing? I personally believe that publicising these rumours, having people speak out against such plans - whilst contacting the club, seeing where they stand is the most proactive route to take.

For arguments sake, lets say the rumours are true. Once it is up, they’ll say its not financially plausible to take it down. We need to get some more information about this installation and enough voices together to urge the club not to go ahead with it (if there are such plans).

What would you do?

What if they're not true?

Au contraire, it is a hard and cold fact.

We are paying customers and nothing else.

Maybe to him but not to most fans.

Fans may feel an affinity to the club and feel like more than paying customers, but the harsh reality is that unfortunately that is all we are.

What would you do?

I'm sure writing a letter will stop any plans that they have.

What would you do?

if i was serious about wanting to get rid of ashley i'd try and bring about a situation whereby his tenure isnt possible anymore and he has no choice but to sell at a massive loss and leave. the only way that will happen is if revenue is stopped, the only way fans could do that is by not paying for anything, and it's not gonna happen.

What would you do?

That's a risk I am willing to take. There's no harm in contacting the club and asking them.

What would you do?

That's a risk I am willing to take. There's no harm in contacting the club and asking them.

There is harm in spreading unfounded rumours though. If you want your group to have any credibility you can't comment on speculation and rumours. Deal with facts only.

The thought of this is making me feel ill. Why do people continue to accept this?  :no:

Start a protest then, or whatever it is that you do.

What do you do?

We have already contacted the club. We are raising public awareness of the rumours which came from True Faith.

Delighted.

I don't hate life, so don't feel the need to complain about near enough everything. I do support the players on the pitch though :thup:

I don't hate life. I enjoy my own and being part of others'.

I also support the players on the pitch. What point are you trying to make? Buck up the courage to say something worthwhile or STFU.

I'm trying to represent Newcastle United supporters. I have spent a lot of time in Newcastle, as I have family and friends from Newcastle. I've not visited as much as I would have liked to in recent years, due to the financial constraints of being at university. I've been in full-time employment for 8 months and I am back on my feet, I went up to Newcastle four times last summer, but since Hughton was sacked I haven't visited.

I have a strong affinity to Newcastle and it's people, I've been visiting since I was born - and have been actively supporting the club since I was four years old. To accuse and suggest things of me when you know NOTHING about me as a person is ridiculous. I do understand the Newcastle/Sunderland rivarly, I just don't believe in it myself.

:laugh: :kermit:  :toke:  :gm's patter:

What would you do?

There is harm in spreading unfounded rumours though. If you want your group to have any credibility you can't comment on speculation and rumours. Deal with facts only.

I completely appreciate what you are saying. This isn't the kind of thing that we would usually peddle, but it's something so important its worth the risk, in my opinion.

What would you do?

I completely appreciate what you are saying. This isn't the kind of thing that we would usually peddle, but it's something so important its worth the risk, in my opinion.

...but you're the first person to jump on any inkling of negativity or controversy related to the club, no matter how tenuous you can link it to MA

:dowie:

The thought of this is making me feel ill. Why do people continue to accept this?  :no:

Start a protest then, or whatever it is that you do.

What do you do?

We have already contacted the club. We are raising public awareness of the rumours which came from True Faith.

Delighted.

I don't hate life, so don't feel the need to complain about near enough everything. I do support the players on the pitch though :thup:

I don't hate life. I enjoy my own and being part of others'.

I also support the players on the pitch. What point are you trying to make? Buck up the courage to say something worthwhile or STFU.

I'm trying to represent Newcastle United supporters. I have spent a lot of time in Newcastle, as I have family and friends from Newcastle. I've not visited as much as I would have liked to in recent years, due to the financial constraints of being at university. I've been in full-time employment for 8 months and I am back on my feet, I went up to Newcastle four times last summer, but since Hughton was sacked I haven't visited.

I have a strong affinity to Newcastle and it's people, I've been visiting since I was born - and have been actively supporting the club since I was four years old. To accuse and suggest things of me when you know NOTHING about me as a person is ridiculous. I do understand the Newcastle/Sunderland rivarly, I just don't believe in it myself.

:laugh: :kermit:  :toke:  :gm's patter:

I have been to away games since Hughton was sacked.

What would you do?

...but you're the first person to jump on any inkling of negativity or controversy related to the club, no matter how tenuous you can link it to MA

Not true. Even as United For Newcastle I am happy to praise some of the steps the club is taking to make us more efficient.

Not true. Even as United For Newcastle I am happy to praise some of the steps the club is taking to make us more efficient.

Er, since when was "being the first to jump on anything negative" exclude you being "happy to praise some of the steps the club is taking"?

Judging by the comments I've read, the majority of people have an issue with you dealing in absolutes. You're like Chicken Little reincarnate in Essex.

Er, since when was "being the first to jump on anything negative" exclude you being "happy to praise some of the steps the club is taking"?

Judging by the comments I've read, the majority of people have an issue with you dealing in absolutes. You're like Chicken Little reincarnate in Essex.

I'll always have critics on this forum. There's not a lot I can do about that.

Tbh, I'd rather appear to be a troublemaker/doom-monger etc by the ever-critical and apathetic members of this board, than do/say nothing and let stuff like this happen without some kind of stand. Fortunately, I know a lot of like-minded people who are a pleasure to work with on things like this.

You do whatever you feel will work, I won't do whatever I feel won't work. It's no apathy, it's common sense.

I've never been one for pitchforks and fire torches, and I can't remember the last one up here that worked - the fat b****** is still sat in his cosy box laughing at us all so what has been achieved from 'standing up and doing something about it'? :dontknow: