Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

• 4 months later...

"Rafa Benitez had no desire to bring Owen back to the club when he was available in 2009."

Amazing manager confirmed.

To be fair, no good PL manager in their right mind would've given Owen a contract at that point as it was painfully obvious he was finished. SAF only did it to aggravate the Liverpool fans. I think Phil Brown was the only other one interested.

Four years of his career at the club, and captaincy in relegation. Has this incredulous cunt ever said anything about NUFC that wasn't 'so I signed for them even though I didn't want to' or 'and then they were relegated so I went to Man U'?Disgusting excuse for a human being in every sense of the word.

Guest Howaythetoon

The story goes is that LFC badly wanted him back when we signed him, but Rafa was t impressed with his agents demands, wages etc.

'"Does Rafa want me?" I'd say. "Does Kenny want me? Does Brendan want me?" It was circumstance that stopped it happening.

Yes, I'm sure that's what they told him. But that's what happens once he'd proven beyond any doubt what a spineless coward he was.

I saw him and Roeder at Newmarket races a couple of years back.  One of my biggest regrets in life, is that I didn't butt in and ask them for a picture.  Then ask Owen to take the photo of me and Roeder.

:milner:

Edited by Lush Vlad

Guest firetotheworks

Remember when he tried to claim he was popular because his mam likes him or something? Even then she was probably lying.

Guest firetotheworks

It was from when he was on Goals on Sunday.

My favourite bit was when he was mentioned how he's as "loyal as they come" and reeled off a load of family members that he was loyal to :lol:.

We don't give a fuck about your family, surprisingly enough, we were paying your fucking extortionate wages for an extended period of time and all we wanted was for you to show us some loyalty and actually pull your fucking finger out on and off the pitch.

Completely odious little cunt; thinks the footballing world owes him something because of his name.  Would be ecstatic to see him have to retire because nobody will bend over backwards to his demands.

In conclusion, cunt.

My first ever tweet, was to Owen when I called him a C U Next Tuesday and was immediately blocked by him. Still a proud memory for me and I still use it as an icebreaker story to this day. 

Reminds me of something I was told last week. I've got an acquaintance in the gym who's been on a string of what sound like really awkward and clearly non-successful Tinder dates. When we finally asked him what his icebreaker was he told us he'd mention he'd just been released from an 18-month bit in prison (true story) after covering for his cousins who are 'basically the Kray twins of (their small town)'. The fucking idiot. :lol:

I saw him and Roeder at Newmarket races a couple of years back.  One of my biggest regrets in life, is that I didn't butt in and ask them for a picture.  Then ask Owen to take the photo of me and Rodent.

:milner:

I remember coming out of the post office on St.Georges Terrace in a Jesmond a few years back, and Souness, McDermott & Saunders were looking in the window of Rook Matthews Sayer discussing some of the houses for sale. This was the Monday afternoon after another Souness horror show, so I was still foaming so I thought I'd say something. Didn't want to be too aggressive so said something along the lines of 'I wouldn't bother looking at houses if I were you', 'Why not' joked Souness, 'because you're not going to be here very long are you' I replied.

They all kind of looked at each other, realised I wasn't really joking and sort of shuffled off in the other direction..... It always particularly amuses me how sheepish soccer hard man Souness actually looked, although the confusion on Terry Mac's face was a sight to behold.

Really wish Owen had been there though.